5.0 out of 5 stars An excellent little PoE switch
An excellent little PoE switch - I honestly can't fault it!

For the price I paid, I was expecting a flimsy plastic thing to arrive, but was delighted to receive a solidly-built, metal unit. It feels very well-made.

Published 19 months ago by TIM

1.0 out of 5 stars Rubbish
Avoid, struggles to power Poe cameras, ports drop power randomly. Thought my problem was my cctv cameras until I purchased a netgear Poe switch. All camera problems stopped once switch swapped out. This is a cheap and cheerful solution, but cheap often doesn't mean reliable.
Published on 20 Feb 2012 by David Willis

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars An excellent little PoE switch, 24 April 2013
TIM (United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
This review is from: TP-Link TL-SF1008P 8-Port 10/100M Desktop Switch Including 4-port PoE (Personal Computers)
An excellent little PoE switch - I honestly can't fault it!

I'm using it in conjunction with a TP-Link PoE Splitter unit to power a wireless router, and it seems to have no trouble powering this device. However, the manual does recommend that PoE devices should be rated at 10W or less, which may explain why it is unable to power some network video cameras.

One very nice feature of this unit is that all the connectors are at the back, but all the indicator lights are on the front. This means it's possible to keep all the messy wiring hidden around the back, but still be able to view the indicator lights to see what's going on from the front.

If I was forced to make a criticism, it would be that the actual indicator LEDs are mounted some distance behind the front panel. If you look at the unit off-centre, it's not always clear which lights are actually illuminated because they shine through the wrong holes in the front panel. You have to look directly at the front of the unit to see the lights clearly. But that is being very picky indeed!

I also really like the shape of this unit. I prefer oblong boxes to the bizarrely-shaped things that seem to be fashionable at the moment. This looks like a serious bit of network equipment - not a kid's toy.

In summary, this is a very good value, well-built, attractively-styled unit. Why spend any more?

5.0 out of 5 stars Has worked perfectly so far..., 26 Feb 2013
Tim B. (Rugby, England) - See all my reviews
Bought this to power an IP camera, and it has worked perfectly so far. Literally - plug one LAN cable from this unit to your router, and another cable (from one of the 4 POE ports) to your camera, switch it on, and that's it. It starts working immediately with no setup required, and for me at least, hasnt dropped a connection at all after extensive testing for a week or so.

I am hoping that it will happily power more cameras should I get any more. Recommended.

UPDATE 5th November 2013

Has been on virtually continuously since purchase and still no issues. Have not connected multiple cameras to it yet, but has powered a different camera happily. Never drops connection.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great little PoE Switch, 24 Aug 2011
This is an 8 port switch, with 4 PoE ports. It feels solid and well made - I often take one with me for demoing equipment and working at customer sites, and I can just chuck it in a bag without worrying as much as with more "plasticy" switches.

It has an external power supply, which uses a standard IEC (kettle) lead - another bonus when you're searching for cables. Beware that this is a 48V power supply, but the DC connector is the same size as many 12V supplies; one of our sales guys accidentally used the power supply from this switch with another piece of equipment and fried the circuit board.

Other than that, it's a standard 100MBps 8-port switch.

5.0 out of 5 stars I plugged it in and it worked, 17 Dec 2013
I know very little about IT. When I ordered this I thought I would have to pay someone to set it up. How wrong I was. It was so easy even I could do it. I literally plugged it in and it worked first time.

An excellent buy!

5.0 out of 5 stars Really good process and device, 17 April 2014
Bought this product as I required a PoE swtich to install additional APs but the netgear was unavailable. The product was delivered in a timely fashion. No complaints at all.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great switch for CCTV install, 12 Oct 2014
Great switch for CCTV install. All ports are POE enabled. Please note that all the reviews here are for another tp-link POE product. Amazon need to fix this!

5.0 out of 5 stars excellent deliver and product, 28 Aug 2013
A great product. Im using it to power an voip phone and 4 cameras.
I highly recommend it for the home and small office.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very good device, 25 April 2014
Very good device for its price. The installation procedure was very easy. Also, it's working very well without any problem.

4.0 out of 5 stars Seems to work, 27 Dec 2013
Seems to do the trick - my first attempts at PoE, using it with the TL-POE10R splitters.
Note, one thing I didn't find any mention of in the manual is if you connect the splitter to something with no load it blinks on/off (with the output doing the same) - as soon as you put load on it seems happy.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great switch with POE, 2 Jun 2013
Very simple to use and with four port POE, I can connect VoIP phone and ip cameras.
I added another unit to expand other devices on using POE. Works great.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›