Shop now Shop now Shop now Cloud Drive Photos Shop now  Up to 50% Off Fashion  Shop all Amazon Fashion Learn More Shop now Shop now Shop Fire Shop Kindle Listen with Prime Shop now Shop now

Format: Audio CD|Change

on 29 April 2009
It's a good album with some good songs on it, most notable being Legion, No Sacrifice No Victory, Bring the Hammer Down and One Of A Kind with the cover of My Sharona being an excellent finisher.
Was a little disappointed with Between Two Worlds as when it started I expected to hear the guitars blasting in at any moment but it never happened and as a ballad-y song it was a shadow compared to the likes of Never Ever or Always Will Be.
I was also interested in hearing Something For The Ages as it is by the new guy, Pontus Norgren, and he had some pretty big shoes to fill after Stefan left but I was pleasantly suppressed, even if his style is a little different than Stefan Elmgren's.
As a final note, Joacim kept doing something that really annoyed me. At the end of some of the chorus' he'd add a couple of words which didn't really fit in the pattern, at least in my opinion. Like in Hallowed Be My Name he'd repeat, `My Name' at the end of the chorus and it kinda spoilt it for me.
It's a really good album though and I'm probably being overly harsh because Hammerfall is such a great band and my expectations are so high!
on 18 August 2009
The thing with HAMMERFALL is a bit confusing for me. Their first 2 albums were phenomenal but after that they've 'lost me'. 'Renegade' was mediocre, 'Crimson thunder' was nothing special. Things improved with their 5th album but still, i felt like they've lost their inspiration. The album that made me a fan again was 'Threshold'. That was a great album. Now with 'no sacrifice, no victory' they continue on the same note. It's quite a good album. The opening track is one of their best songs ever and i really like 'Hallowed...'. But the real revelation in this album is the amazing instrumental song. I can't get enough of that main melody. So HAMMERFALL manage to maintain the quality, we expect even better things in the future....
on 23 March 2009
As a Hammerfall fan I awaited the new album with excitement... I wasnt to be disappointed, its pure Hammerfall at its best. I would recommend it to all Hammerfall fans and anyone thinking of trying them out,its pure excellence.
on 1 May 2009
A really good album with the opening track "Any Means Necessary" having some great belt out tag lines and really powerfull guitar breaks.Most tracks up to the standard of earlier work including the excellent title track.Would have been 5 stars except for the mediocre "My Sharona" update I assume it got left off the uninspiring "Masterpieces" album.Guys just stick to your own sensational material in future.
on 20 December 2011
I bought this album having heard two songs by the band on the internet. They were fantastic songs so I bought two albums. The other one I love. On this they cover other bands music and while they are good, sometimes better than the original, they are better doing their own music. It is well worth owning though, do not be put off by my qualification.
on 18 February 2010
Damn, I've barely had this album out of my cd player. Hammerfall are a fantastic metal band and so far haven't let me down. No Sacrifice is another example of their brilliance. The album is well put together with stunning vocals and insturmentals. Something for the Ages is a real standout track. The reviews above mention it too, track number 7 on the album. Totally instrumental and damn superbly done. Listen to it and you'll know what I mean. Other tracks that stand out for me are Legion and Any Means Necessary, both of which contain the best chorus's on the album, the type you can really get your teeth into at a live gig and sing along with. I have to dissagree with one of the reviews above, the My Sharona cover really made me laugh. I wasn't expecting it and they did it very well, its a jaunty cheesy break from the heavy stuff before it and makes a nice little addition to the album. No Victory is a damn good album as a whole but not their best I will admit. Tracks like The Dragon Lies Bleeding and Templars Of Steal will never be beaten in my eyes but if you're a Hammerfall, or just a metal fan in general No Victory is something you shouldn't miss out on.
on 5 December 2015