on 9 March 2009
I have recently purchased one of these and it is by far the best and easiest to use. It is not very big and therefore fairly easy to store. There is about 1 hour of steam time from a correctly filled boiler and all the utensils etc can be packed away along with the machine itself in a strong bag. Everything is provided, including a cloth sock for floor cleaning etc. The power of the steam is excellent and is perfectly controlled by the trigger mechanism which though initially stiff, loosened up a little with use, making it easy to use with one hand, leaving the other free to wipe up the grunge the steam blows away! It far outweighs the Morphy Richards one that has no trigger control, and the Shark, whose quality of material it is made from leaves a lot to be desired. The Polti is easy and immediate to change the fittings without having to wait ages for it to cool down, as the trigger cuts off the steam while you do this. All in, an excellent buy and well worth the money.
11 comment|98 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 2 July 2009
Polti Vaporetto 950 Carpet Washers

Delivery was very good and speedy. I had a steam cleaner that broke and this was the replacement. The amount of dirt taken out of the carpet was amazing. I thought my old one was good but this beats it hands down and was relatively cheap. There are so many attachments that you can practically do the whole house. Small and light it's marvelous for what we use it for.
on 3 January 2011
I know of nothing else more useful or effective than a steam cleaner and, as a consequence,over the years, I have had various larger models of the Polti. These machines have been bulky, heavy, difficult to carry around and to store while not in use but I liked their cleaning potential.
This model is smaller and lighter All the parts are well designed, useful and easily fit together. The handle is comfortable and the machine can easily be lifted onto a work top for ease of use whilst cleaning kitchen tops, windows etc. It is easy to fill and the tank is big enough to create steam for larger cleaning projects such as entire bathrooms, without needing refilling.
There are three points that you need to be aware of. The steam button is a little stiff and after resting you need to direct the nozzle into a cloth as jet of water precedes the steam. Being less powerful has both pros and cons. Less power means that it is less possible to spoil things, such as blistering paint work with over enthusiastic steaming and less steam lingering elsewhere in the house. It is more than adequate for normal household tasks. If you want to tackle bigger projects such as engine cleaning it may not be powerful enough. Although less powerful than larger models I have owned, this is the one I enjoy using the most. In fact, I love it and it accompanies me on various cleaning missions all over the house most days of the week.
on 4 June 2011
I bought this machine after borrowing the same machine from a friend and loving it!. It really is an excellent cleaner for the home. I use it primarily for the large expanse of slate tiles in our living rooms and kitchen and I have to say that it is the best machine I have used in the 15 years of having slate flooring. It is also brilliant at cleaning windows, by blasting them with steam and then polishing off with a glass cloth it is effortless, and totally streak free, I have never before enjoyed cleaning my mirror wardrobes. It's great for freshening up carpets and completely deodorises fabrics and upholstery. A must for anyone who likes a clean home. My only criticism, and it is only a small one, is the length of the flex, it is far too short and I am going to take it to an elecrical repair shop to have a longer one put on it.
No home should be without a Polti!!!
on 5 February 2010
Excellent product does all that it claims to. Would have given 5 stars if connection to mains had been longer and a few more mop cloths had been included.
Great on floors, ovens and fantastic on the shower glass saving a great deal of time and work.
Now if I can get my wife to use it, It would be even save more manpower!
on 20 April 2012
I purchased my Polti Vaporetta after reading many positive reviews and am delighted with my purchase. It is lighweight, easy to manoevre, has lots of handy attahcments which are also easy to use and attach. It heats up pretty quickly and the pressure is good. On first use, I got around 1 hour of use before having to refill the tank.
Great for glass, mirrors, showers, skirting boards, wooden and laminate floors, tiles, carpets, etc etc. Can be used on just about anything, removes dirt and grime easily and leaves everything sparkling.
Only thing which could be improved is the power cord length, but I just kept unplugging it, and moving it to another socket, which is not too difficult as it is light and easy to carry.
It also comes in a large bag, making storage easy.
on 16 July 2011
This is a good little steamer, powerful enough whilst being lightweight and easy to move around the house. Good on my laminate floors and ceramic tiled flooring, also carpets.....just does what I expect, with little fuss.
on 2 June 2011
I was really worried to buy this product after few bad comments but i must say i don't understand why.It's really powerfull, cleans excellent,and i don't really can't see bad side.I am glad i bought it.
on 15 June 2011
Pros;
- Easy to use
- A lot of capacity
- Excellent steam pressure
- Takes ~7-10 mins to get to right pressure/temperature
- Sturdy
- Saves a lot of effort on tough and hard to reach places

Cons;
- Not really a carpet washer - may also apply to other deep/steam cleaners
- A bunch of wires from the wire brush came off after first use. May be high temperature and a lot of continuous exertion :S
- The rubber ring on the cap (which needs to be screwed off and on each time it's refilled) did not last very long. After only 5 refills it fell apart. At the moment using PTFE tape to keep the pressure from escaping - albeit some hissing sound can be heard.
on 6 December 2011
makes my life alot easier and I would recommend this to everyone. the best steam cleaner I have ever used.

See one answered question