5.0 out of 5 stars If you intend to own any of their material, have this album first on your list., 10 Sep 2009
M. S. Payne (Berkshire, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Live on Earth (Audio CD)
I first heard The Cat Empire live at the Sydney Festival in January, and I have never seen that many people so invigorated and capitvated. I think the word that came to my mind within minutes was "wow". It is impossible to listen to them and not tap your feet, at the very least. You can quite easily throw yourself around like a madman and it will merely suit their music and their message. I can't profess to being a music expert, but as a music lover, I would recommend The Cat Empire to anyone and everyone, and I do. If you are going to get any of their albums, please, I beg you, own this one. Their live work is far superior to anything produced in the studio, and that in itself is a sign of true talent and passion.

Enjoy!

5.0 out of 5 stars Absolutely fantastic!!, 28 May 2013
comm88 "comm88" (READING, Berks United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Live on Earth (Audio CD)
Easily one of the best live albums I own!! These guys really can play - the whole thing is recorded live from loads of different venues but it never drops its pace, or loses any of the skills of these virtuoso musicians. It's jazz, funk, horn, melody, great words, reggae in one excellent melting pot with some superb tracks - The Lost Song, Hotel California (in French - stunning!) and Rhyme & Reason are three tracks you HAVE to hear. Great VFM (Value For Money) too - it's two CDs of class, quality - and it's an uplifting experience every time I turn it on - and that's often!! In a class of its own. Enjoy it.

5.0 out of 5 stars It's amazing, 1 Mar 2013
This review is from: Live on Earth (Audio CD)
This is the best live band in the world and the live album really gives you the sense of being there, brings it all back. Love it!

4.0 out of 5 stars ...jam band shenanigans from a mythical land..., 2 July 2009
Mr. H "Mr H" (Embra) - See all my reviews
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)    (VINE VOICE)
This review is from: Live on Earth (Audio CD)
Australians are a peculiar lot. I suppose it's inevitable what with coming from the mythological Antipodes, but they only bear a passing resemblance to yer actual human beings. This was confirmed to me back in the day, when I went to a London show by the Angels From Angel City, only to end up feeling like I'd stumbled upon Kong Island. On a bad day.

Which brings me to The Cat Empire, an Oztralian band who, I am reliably informed, have played live to more people in the this decade than any other Oztralian band. You'll be glad to know that I have no idea what that means, either. For all I know, they might be the only Pztralian band to play a show this decade. But seeing as how The Cat Empire have played 666 shows and counting, that means they've probably played in front of at least 700 people.

Shamefully, I found this album to be rather fabulous. But then I am a fully paid up member of the jam band appreciation society (rhubarb branch). 'Cos that's what they are, and were they American colonials rather than the stunted Oztralian ones, then I'm sure they would be suitably feted, as they come over like a high octane blend of Umphreys McGee and the Dirty Dozen Brass Band.

If songs like 'The Car Song' and 'Hello' leave you unmoved then, frankly, we should be boxing you up and burying you right now. Granted, I could do without the lapses into cod reggae, when they turn into the Spin Doctors, but if they weren't so darned mythical, they might just be my new best friends.

5.0 out of 5 stars The Cat Empire Live On Earth, 3 Nov 2010
This review is from: Live on Earth (Audio CD)
Speedy delivery. In perfect condition. Exactly what I wanted. I will use this service again!

Live on Earth
Live on Earth by The Cat Empire (Audio CD - 2009)