4.0 out of 5 stars thank you
Published on 15 Aug 2010 by marg

2.0 out of 5 stars Not good for wood surfaces
I bought 2 lots of 2 hooks to go with my fly screen. One set to hold it up, one set to enable us to sweep the tapes to each side as per picture.
Published on 3 Jun 2009 by Panda

2.0 out of 5 stars Not good for wood surfaces, 3 Jun 2009
Panda (SW. England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Pair of self adhesive hooks
I cleaned and dried the painted wood surface (door frame) but every 12 hours or so, it would all full down! The non load bearing hooks are fine. If you're not sticking these to uPVC, consider small broom holder clips from your DIY store instead (extra large cup hooks are too small).

1.0 out of 5 stars Self adhesive hooks, 20 Jun 2009
Ms. M. L. Peck "mitzisquirrel" (Surrey, England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Pair of self adhesive hooks
Good value for money. The down side is that they come unstuck so the fly blind kept falling down. Could have been because the hooks were used on wood.

4.0 out of 5 stars thank you, 15 Aug 2010
This review is from: Pair of self adhesive hooks
after saying in my review that the self adhesive hooks didnt hold up when i put the curtain on them, i was immediately asked if i would like a replacement, with such a cheap product i didnot expect this and was really pleased that another set ended up on my doorstep a couple of days later, these worked great thank you very much, havent had such good service from items costing a great deal more.

5.0 out of 5 stars Sticky Taps, 6 July 2010
A. Arnold (Wales) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Pair of self adhesive hooks
I'm not sure why these have received some bad reviews!
I had trouble removing one when I placed it too high on the door frame. To date, once refixed to the frame, they have not moved!

1.0 out of 5 stars Dont buy these hooks, 27 July 2009
This review is from: Pair of self adhesive hooks
I have written to the seller and I shall accordingly report to those who care to read - my candid opinions of the service - these hooks were bought for ordinary normal use, I was not warned there would be difficulty keeping them in place, I expect consideration from the seller and I shall post here the result of my communication with this firm. At present - since neither blind stayed up the HOOKS are RUBBISH

At ONCE - I must be very fair and promise that I shall purchase in future from these people because the blinds are just perfect - only the hooks let me down and after contacting the seller - the problem was immediately resolved to my satisfaction

5.0 out of 5 stars Self adhesive door hook, 9 Aug 2010
This review is from: Pair of self adhesive hooks
Excellent just what is needed for the strip blind. Saves trying to drill into pvc door frames. Great value

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, 7 Dec 2011
Roderick Stoner (B'Kara, Europe Malta) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Pair of self adhesive hooks
Bought these hooks for my fly curtain. They are robust with very strong adhesive, making them ideal for the job.

4.0 out of 5 stars SELF-ADHESIVE HOOKS, 2 Aug 2010
Mr. D. M. Waterman (London) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Pair of self adhesive hooks
These hooks are fine- if you don't have young kids or grandchildren - they're cheap and they do the job. Until the young'uns pull on whatever is hanging from them and then they pop off. Two angled screws work better though.

5.0 out of 5 stars brilliant!, 12 Aug 2010
This review is from: Pair of self adhesive hooks
i'm presuming the bad reviews on these hooks are because people have used them on wood
we've got upvc windows and they stuck like cement !
i stuck one on slightly on the wonk and tried to take it off and there was no way in a million years it would budge !
i bought them to use with the fly curtains and the whole method is fantastic
so easy to put up - and they really look quite good
so cheap as well
had my 1 year old daughter hanging off them several times and no sign of budging yet
i'm a stereotypical non diy woman ! hubbie normally does all the diy stuff but i managed to put these all up myself - that's how easy they were !
i also bought some extra hooks to hold the fly curtain back when not in use - and would definitely recommend getting these for when the doors are shut etc . they work really well
all in all very very pleased !!

1.0 out of 5 stars useless hooks, 23 Aug 2011
This review is from: Pair of self adhesive hooks
These hooks were purchased to hold a string curtain on a plastic rod across a doorway 3ft 6" wide. The hooks were stuck to painted wood and given 24 hrs to set. After the weight of the curtain and rod was put on them they lost grip and fell down within 4 hours and after several attempst to make them stick I discarded them as a waste of money. Take my advice use a nail, screwed hooks or screw but don't waste money on these.

Pair of self adhesive hooks
Pair of self adhesive hooks by Holland Plastics Original Brand