Platform: Nintendo Wii|Change

on 16 March 2010
I am a big fan of the show and was a little sceptical that the game wouldn't be as good. However I love the game! You can make your own character and choose your pro partner. It was a little tricky at first but now I am scoring 25/30 every week! I recommend this for fans of the show and anyone looking for a fun game.
on 22 March 2011
I bought both Wii and DS versions of Dancing on Ice games for my daughter who is an adult with a severe learning disability. She loves the tv programme, is very competent with all electronic games and these games are labelled age 3 which makes them particularly suitable. I was thrilled to have found them for her. Imagine my dismay to find that the spoken sound track is a garbled mess of sounds on both versions. I cannot send them back as she would be distraught and it would cause a major upset in our house. In desperation I have been to our nearest supermarket today and bought another copy of the Wii version and this has the same fault. Do the manufacturers not carry out any checks on their goods before sending them out?
on 21 May 2010
Oh dear...saw an advert for this game and it looked bad in a funny way. Turns out it's bad in a BAD way.

The controls don't make any sense. Whatever you do, it is impossible for the Wii to detect some of the movements it wants, so you can't complete certain moves at all, so the training is pretty depressing - the professional partners abuse you and blame you for 'not putting the effort in'. When it comes to the live show, some of the judges are the same as in the programme, and some are made up substitutes, causing further confusion and disappointment. When you do the routine, the same things happen whether you do the moves properly or not - there is nothing interactive about this painful process. After you 'perform', the judges and hosts speak in weird gibberish, not English or any other language - this is even more annoying because you can clearly hear clips of speech, and it is obvious that real clips were originally recorded, and then they couldn't be bothered to finish it so they cut up and looped those clips (eg. you can distinctly hear ""). The interactive phone vote is the only part of the game that works, although exactly how is unclear. By the end of it, all you want to do is make your player do a headbanger lift that goes tragically wrong, and you can't even do that.

Overall...

PROS:

- Some judges/skaters have their real names/likenesses
- Half price, so half the pain and regret

CONS:

- Moves impossible to do
- Claim "you are in total control" could not be less accurate
- Terrible gibberish defeats the point of speaking
- Songs are made-up rubbish
- Annoying absence of real judges/hosts
- Repetitive boring training process
- Can't get them to actually mess up the live performance - what's the point of trying?
- Can't use Mii players, have to use the game's limited character creator
- I could go on

Overall, massive disappointment. Another one of those games that has had no effort put into it. But worse.
on 24 July 2010
Ok it is good. But you spend a lot of time skipping through stuff and I do find that babbling the presenters do instead of talking a bit annoying. I think if they had used real voices, then the game would have cost a lot more to produce. Worth getting though If you enjoy Dancing On Ice.
on 30 March 2010
Overall rather disappointing. I love the actual Dancing on Ice Show and I love to ice skate myself, however this game is pretty average. They do the crossovers wrongly. The speaking on the game is not fantastic either. Expected it to be more fun.
on 20 April 2010
If you enjoyed the series on TV this game is alright! Follows same format including introducing you as you skate onto ice etc. Practice stage is detailed giving you chance to learn the moves and required elements, and even contains "phone vote" to help you avoid the skate off. Have so far managed to reach week 11 and am currently trying to escape the skate off to reach the semis - need more time to practice. Only downside is that when the hosts are speaking or the judges/skaters gibberish is said rather than any language and I do think they could have provided this in different languages with a selector at the beginning so you can choose.

A very entertaining game - am going to order it on DS too as think I will have more free time to play it on there!
on 21 April 2013
It was great fun, both for my figure skating daughter and for me! I would recomend to everyone who loves dance and ice skating!
on 28 June 2010
agree with all the other reviewers, this game would have been so much better with proper voices. I imagine most kids interested in this would be younger girls, who may not be able to read all the subtitiles.
on 4 June 2014
Not much like the TV show, very boring to play and lost interest very quickly, I would not recommend to anyone
on 25 March 2014
Found this really awkward to play so only tried it the once. Shame as it Could have been so much better