5.0 out of 5 stars excellent product
Published on 17 Sep 2011 by S. A. Freeman

3.0 out of 5 stars Ok for tiny cuts and splits in fingers.
Published 3 months ago by Dave G

5.0 out of 5 stars excellent product, 17 Sep 2011
S. A. Freeman "James Livingstone" (bedford, beds United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
This review is from: GERMOLENE 20ml New Skin Liquid Plasters (Personal Care)
Very pleased to see this item on sale here having been told that it had been replaced by a spray on version by my local chemist.(The spray sadly is not acurate to use providing a thin film which does not seal a small injury well in my opinion.)The paint on bottle is easy to use and protects small cuts perfectly.It is more waterproof and much better than a sticky plaster on joints and other awkward places where plasters just don't stick well.It does sting a little on application, apparently this is the antiseptic acting,but this is not bad and does not last long, it might upset children though.
Should be a staple in any home first-aid kit

4.0 out of 5 stars Excellent product, 31 July 2014
This review is from: GERMOLENE 20ml New Skin Liquid Plasters (Personal Care)
I stumbled across this product years ago and have been using it ever since. Working in an environment where I handle reems of paper throughout the day, paper cuts happen quite frequently. Plasters are not always suitable (depending on the location of the cut) and leaving the cut is not ideal as I have a tendency to constantly catch the same location during the day.
Germolene new skin is applied with the applicator that is screwed into the cap. Be warned if you have never used this product before, IT STINGS when applied and for a few minutes until dry. The advantage of this over the spray is that its more precise. Once applied it dries to form a protective barrier over the cut, which holds up well to hand washing. This layer does eventually peel off on its own (time depends on individuals, mine last 4-5 hours). If you apply this product to a cut that is still bleeding it doesn't dry. Not sure what the outcome would be on deep cuts as I've only used it for paper cuts.

5.0 out of 5 stars Does What it Says, 29 Aug 2012
This review is from: GERMOLENE 20ml New Skin Liquid Plasters (Personal Care)
I have been very happy with this product - I had previously used a spray on type but this is much easier to apply.
I had blisters on my heels because I was wearing new shoes and we suddenly had what felt like a monsoon downpour.
My shoes were soaked and the skin on my heels was sore and broken when I got home.

This product did sting when first applied but it did help the skin to heal quickly.
I used it as an overnight plaster for a couple of days and was able to peel it off easily after a morning bath, although it would have stayed on I think, which is good.
I re-applied and after a couple of days and nights the skin was healed.
Excellent product.

3.0 out of 5 stars Ok for tiny cuts and splits in fingers., 23 Sep 2014
Dave G "Dave G" (England) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)
This review is from: GERMOLENE 20ml New Skin Liquid Plasters (Personal Care)
Like everybody I'm prone to getting cuts and cracks in my skin, especially during winter time, plus I always tend to find I get cut in awkward positions which a normal plaster is useless for, I researched liquid plaster/gel etc of which there are more than I expected, price wise there isn't much difference between the various makes, I went for this because it was about the cheapest and had pretty good reviews. The small bottle has a paddle like dibber built into the screwcap, being clear it is at times hard to see how much solution you have on the paddle, the solution itself looks a bit like bonjela, you brush the paddle over the wound, wait for it to dry which takes a few minutes and that's it, as for durability it depends on how hard you wash your hands etc. and the environment you're in, it definitely lasts a lot longer than a normal plaster especially if you wash your hands frequently.

So yes it does work and in some cases it is better than a normal plaster, however; compared to normal plasters it is very expensive, and since buying this I have discovered a better and cheaper way, when within dry conditions (a small dressing pad and medical tape), upon application it will sting, and it can be very painful, especially if you try to cover a sizeable wound, if the wound is in an awkward position be careful not to apply too much as it does run, when it dries it leaves a shiny coating (similar to pva glue) and yes there is a glue like smell for a few seconds.

I've used this on various wounds and it's best use is on those tiny little cracks you get on the sides of the nails caused by dryness etc. This contains an anti-septic (hence the sting), covers the cut and keeps it protected when you wash your hands, so yes it is good but it's not a wonder plaster that does away with the need for normal plasters and dressings, it is handy to have around though.

5.0 out of 5 stars Sore finger tips, 24 Mar 2013
This review is from: GERMOLENE 20ml New Skin Liquid Plasters (Personal Care)
If you have had split finger tips you will now how painful it can be, this is the pain free way for them to heal. Brilliant stuff.

5.0 out of 5 stars New Skin, 17 Jan 2012
M. Brown (UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: GERMOLENE 20ml New Skin Liquid Plasters (Personal Care)
Great to be able to get this again. I was not able to find it in the shops for years.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great, 27 Jan 2013
This review is from: GERMOLENE 20ml New Skin Liquid Plasters (Personal Care)
My work place uses my new skin for minor injuries, I encouraged them to buy their own! It is terrific

4.0 out of 5 stars new skin review, 30 Aug 2009
This review is from: GERMOLENE 20ml New Skin Liquid Plasters (Personal Care)
Apart from a slight stinging on application, it does what it says, covers small wounds with a breathable skin which allows wound to heal cleanly. one may have to re apply after a shower, but it does help with healing especially if you have slow healing skin.

5.0 out of 5 stars Ideal, 14 Feb 2013
Mrs. Eileen Smart (Wirral) - See all my reviews
This review is from: GERMOLENE 20ml New Skin Liquid Plasters (Personal Care)
Ideal for wounds that cannot be treated with a plaster. In my case - the ear, Easier to apply with a brush, better than the spray variety.

5.0 out of 5 stars paint on skin like nail varnish, 21 Jun 2013
S McKnight "SMK" (London) - See all my reviews
This review is from: GERMOLENE 20ml New Skin Liquid Plasters (Personal Care)
The product really works, and is much better for hands and fingers than plasters. You paint it on and it dries quite quickly to form a skin that lasts for hours and survives washing. Eventually it starts to peel off but it is much better than plasters. It is easy to buy - I bought mine here and then found it in Boots !!! The only down side is that it is see through and you may want to cover the site with a plaster if it is unsightly. Or if you want to protect the site because it is sore. It stings a bit when it goes on but for the convenience of being able to wash it is still better than plasters. I think by keeping the cut dry it heals faster anyway.

GERMOLENE 20ml New Skin Liquid Plasters