5.0 out of 5 stars Led Lenser H7R Head Lamp
I ordered this lamp from the shop "Well Worth Having". I had a couple of questions about it which were answered very quickly and courteously by the company. On the strength of that I bought the head lamp from them. I'd been on the Led Lenser site and various other sites to get a good idea of what the headlamp could do and how it had been received by other people...
Published on 22 Jan. 2012 by donf

3.0 out of 5 stars Great beam and great wide spread out light
Great beam and great wide spread out light...but....plastic shell housing...had it 4 months now and the plastic housing has broken where it attaches to the head band(tiny lugs) I have kept it in its pouch when it is not being used as it wasn't cheap but it has still broken...I am gutted because like I said earlier, it is a great torch...alas I am on the hunt again.
Published 7 months ago by Roast

5.0 out of 5 stars Led Lenser H7R Head Lamp, 22 Jan. 2012
This review is from: LED Lenser H7R Rechargeable Head Lamp (Black) - Box (Kitchen & Home)

I use the headlamp for electrical work so it must be easy to use, robust and provide me with at least 8 hours of lighting when I'm working on any project where the power is off all day. It also needs an adjustable beam so that I can go from a large disperse beam that lights up the entire work area down to very small beam for focused and intricate work.

In practice the Led Lenser has been brilliant, as it were. It has given me at least a day's lighting and its ease of use has made my work much easier to do. I've been everywhere with it, cable ducts, lofts, ceiling spaces, cellars, under-floor areas and virtually inside distribution boards. I've been able to tilt it up and down depending on the angle I'm viewing an object from.

One thing I would recommend is that if you are using it for very long periods, say at medium to high intensity, you would do well to invest in three more AAA NiMh batteries that fit the Led Lenser. Then you have two sets of batteries you can cycle to keep you going for a very long day.

The cree LED is ideal for close-up work and is very easy to adjust from wide beam to narrow beam. On the other hand, if you are wearing gloves, you need to be able to feel for the on/off switch and the beam adjustor.

A great headlamp and I look foreward to a long period of time with it.

Donf

5.0 out of 5 stars This is the puppy's privates, 10 Sept. 2012
I have purchased many head torches for my fishing trips and the quality has varied. I have one other good one by Petzl but it just isn't bright enough, good for close work but not for scanning the bank and fields around you. So I read the reviews here and I was amazed at how highly rated this was. Taking in to account the price I was thinking this must be an amazing piece of kit to get these reviews at a £40+ price tag. So I bought one.

It arrived a little late but that is down to amazon and this is a product review. I read the simple instructions and put it on charge for a short while. I then decided to test it out. I nearly blinded myself! Don't look at it. This is really bright. In fact for something so small it is incredible. I am a physics end engineering graduate and I am seriously impressed with this. The build quality is excellent. The batteries are rechargeable (and included) too so you will save in the future by not having to buy regular ones.

This is worth every penny, stop your search here and spend the extra, it will be the best decision you have made in a while.

5.0 out of 5 stars LED Lenser Pro H7 Headlight, 16 Nov. 2010
Having done my usual comparisons and checks across various forums, this stood out as the best of the reasonably priced headsets and I must say there is no reason to spend any more as this H7 provides all you can wish for. Light, comfortable, adjustable and most of all BRIGHT! Excellent whether in spot or wide beam. I have used it late night running and also as a helmet torch on the bike and exceeds my bike light significantly.

5.0 out of 5 stars camera lens, 1 May 2011
Excellent quality. Extremely powerful beam. Battery life is reasonable. The head torch is very solid in construction and is very comfortable in use.

5.0 out of 5 stars Finally a torch that does what it says!, 27 Nov. 2010
Paul Hall "BESTMIXES" (ENGLAND) - See all my reviews
After being a keen night dog walker though the fields i have always struggled with the light and seeing what i was doing, having previously used the lenser lights i found them excellent and blow most of the others out of sight.
This is just the dog`s dangley`s, its perfect for me when out at night i can use the long range beam to see if anyone or another dog is about and when im in fields and close areas i just flick the beam over to wide area and walla i have 10ft of solid white light! excellent cant wait to flash the helicopters at night...lol
its lightweight, rechargeable so i save on polluting the earth with tons of used batts, and it does what it says this is almost like the police torches (dragons tooth).
I cannot recommend this enough and im very critical of products and what they can do bit for £40 i paid this is what i needed, but DO NOT flash people in the face it dazzles badly and leaves blue circles in your vision for 10 mins.....

4.0 out of 5 stars A very good product - but pricey!, 14 Nov. 2011
When buying anything, I almost always spend a lot of time researching before choosing which make and model to buy. And I'm certainly not easily persuaded to part with £45 on something which in theory does the same job as many alternatives which cost less than £10. So, why did I buy this product and has it proven satisfactory? Well, first, I wanted a torch with a significant amount of light output. Online comparisons with other makes were pretty meaningless - as I have no idea what a "lumen" actually is, it did not help greatly to know that the Lenser outputs "140 lumens" while its cheaper competitiors might only output "40 lumens". Is the 100 lumens difference really as significant as it sounds? I still don't know! If I could have compared, side-by-side, torches with differing outputs, I would have been better able to decide what level of output I really needed. Unfortunately I could not do that, so had to settle for general comments and advice contained within other online torch reviews. The 140 lumens output of the Lenser was among the higher levels of the torches I was considering, so that was clearly a factor in my choosing this make. Further advice from other reviews also suggested this was a very comfortable product to wear, the fit being described as sufficiently firm enough to wear when jogging. And my third consideration was the facility to focus the beam from short to long-distance - important from my view as a dog owner who walks rutted, pitch-dark, country fields during winter evenings - I want to be able to avoid stumbling over the ruts, but I also want to be able to see where the dog has got to - maybe 100 yards away.

So - am I happy with this product? Yes, almost entirely so. The light output is extremely good and the focus facility is absolutely ideal - a quick flick of the focus button and the beam moves from a very effective wall of light immediately in front of me, allowing me to walk - or indeed jog - across a field in pitch-dark, to a pinpoint capable of picking out my dog in the distance. Added to that, I appreciate the ease with which the angle of the beam can be adjusted down to the ground in front or continuously up to a "head-up straight ahead" position. It is light and comfortable to wear and, although I had some doubts as to the effectiveness of a single elasticated headband being sufficient to hold the battery and the light without slipping, the arrangement works perfectly. I did not feel the dimming facility - which is as easily operable as the focus button, even when wearing bulky winter gloves - was necessary for my purposes as I planned to pay extra for the rechargeable version and therefore had no need to dim the light to save battery life. However, I have found situations - reading a map at night, for example, where the brightest light output is actually too bright - so I now find the dimmer facility will prove useful. The rechargeable option I think was well worth the extra cost, albeit I cannot yet tell how long the rechargeable batteries will last, nor how easy it will prove to obtain and fit replacement batteries. I am relying on Lenser's reputation as one of the leading manufacturers to ensure that spare parts will be available when required. The whole product seems well constructed although I wonder how robust it will prove - it's basically plastic and elastic and suchlike and will no doubt be dropped on hard floors and paths, but for the price paid, I would expect it to last for a long time indeed! I note that the price on Amazon has reduced by £8 in the 4 weeks since I bought mine. The current £37 price is a bit more reasonable - I do think that £45 was too high, but have to admit that I am very satisfied with the product. As I say above, if it lasts for 20 years, then I will consider it a bargain........But I would still buy another of exactly the same make and model and have no hesitation recommending it to others who need the features this head torch offers, particularly the 140 lumens output...(whatever that means) :-)

5.0 out of 5 stars SUPERB., 25 Mar. 2013
My husband is a member of a Search and Rescue team and the head torch supplied gave only a meagre light. We read up on Head Torches and this one kept emerging as the best. After using it my husband would agree. It can be a spot light or a broad beam search light. Very powerful beam and thus far the batteries are lasting very well. If you want a Head Torch that stands head and shoulders above the rest then this is for you.

4.0 out of 5 stars OLD MODEL! Buy the H7R.2, 8 Feb. 2014
This is a superb head torch... does exactly as it says in the description. The beam width is MUCH better than you're going to get with the typical Petzl and similar head torches you find in supermarkets and local outdoor suppliers.

No red function, but I made my own red filter out of a thin piece of red translucent plastic cut on my milling machine. You can make one even easier (though less convenient for reuse) using a piece of red cellophane sheeting and some tape.
Red function is useful as it helps you (and those around you) to maintain your night vision while benefiting from the additional light provided by the head torch. I'm quite surprised that LED Lenser don't sell professional-fitting coloured lenses for this product.

Now, here's the important thing: This product is the OLD model, now superseded by the H7R.2. 50 extra lumens, superior cast range, wider lens (thus even wider beam width), better battery life between charges, a radial dial for brightness rather than the lever, rotating lens function toggle instead of the fiddly lever system, stronger/better lens angle mount and a better belt/MOLLE pouch.

Bottom line: buy the H7R.2.... it's better in every way.

5.0 out of 5 stars led lenser h7r, 26 Nov. 2011
very bright, excellent for walking the dog across the fields and trails in the peak district, good battery life, variable power and focus is worthwhile only niggle is mains charger does not appear to fully charge battery unit although USB route is fine. overall an excellent headtorch

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant, 3 Feb. 2012
Really impressed with this product. I bought it for running in the dark as where I live there are no street lights and just lanes. It's light, solidly built, does not move on your head, totally adjustable beam and extremely bright. The one I received from Amazon was the updated version with 170 lumens as opposed to the 140 lumens as advertised.
Awesome product