5.0 out of 5 stars Nit free (hopefully!)
Published 9 months ago by Jack Black

2.0 out of 5 stars very painful - even with lots of conditioner
I ordered this comb based on the glowing reviews written. My daughters have long hair well past their shoulders - a lice infestation is a MAJOR operation and is rife in their school.I had high hopes the comb would be more effective than the metal and plastic ones I usually buy. I follwed the instructions to the letter - use on wet hair with a lot of conditioner combed...
Published on 26 Sep 2009 by light

5.0 out of 5 stars Nit free (hopefully!), 19 Mar 2014
This review is from: Nitty Gritty Head Lice Metal Comb (Loose Leaf)
My daughter came home with lice and very kindly shared them with all of us! Went straight to chemist and bought hedren 15 min treatment, applied, didnt work. then tried full marks, didnt work, all this time I was using normal nit comb. The chemist recommended hedrin overnight treatment, killed the critters off!!! Instructions are to reapply after 7 days, we did ours after 3 days then again on the 7th day, I hoovered daily, pillows beds carpet etc and hot washed and stored soft toys. We were now using the nitty gritty comb, much less painful and quicker than normal nit combs so happier children, looked for instructions on youtube to check we were using it correctly. Finally cleared them. We now wash and condition hair with tea tree products, a quick spray of diluted tea tree oil (from superdrug) every morning and a flash of hairspray. Fingers crossed no more friends!! Hope this review helps.

5.0 out of 5 stars Happy child, happy grown-up, bye bye nits, 5 May 2009
Helen Bennett "helen7741" (Lancaster, England) - See all my reviews
We've been trying to get rid of my stepdaughter's head lice for about 8 months now (she's only with us at weekends which means we can't pick them out every 4 days, and I think she's getting reinfested from somewhere). Last weekend she and I spent over two horrible hours picking out 16 lice and probably well over a hundred nits from her hair. By the end of it we were both thoroughly fed up.

So I bought this comb on impulse and thought 'it can't be any worse than that'. In the event it was vastly better.

We tried the Nitty Gritty comb this weekend and we are so, so happy. 45 minutes including putting conditioner on her long hair and brushing out every single tangle first. Then I started with the comb; she was able to sit up and shift position as you normally would - no more staying stock-still, which makes life easier for both of us. Every swipe brought out more eggs and the occasional louse, quickly, easily, and almost painlessly. The only time it hurt was when I got too much hair in the comb at once, and the pull was too much - won't do that again.

In short, a really effective, painless, quick way to take out eggs and lice, and no nasty chemicals. This comb is my new best friend.

5.0 out of 5 stars Also on prescription!, 9 July 2012
LindsayC (North East England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Nitty Gritty Head Lice Metal Comb (Loose Leaf)
Just so you all know this comb is available FREE on prescription, just ask your school nurse for a form or ask the doctor.

5.0 out of 5 stars Worth it, 29 Jun 2014
S K Sekhon (United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Nitty Gritty Head Lice Metal Comb (Loose Leaf)
This is worth every bit of money! It combs out headlice as well as the eggs! Very good comb especially if u have long hair like my daughter

5.0 out of 5 stars IT'S WORTH IT., 18 Feb 2010
A. Caner - See all my reviews
This review is from: Nitty Gritty Head Lice Metal Comb (Loose Leaf)
Didnt believe it will work but having tried everything else I bought it..and it was amazing it really works. just brush the hair with some conditioner and you see the results very well..excellent comb.

5.0 out of 5 stars fantastic, 14 April 2014
This review is from: Nitty Gritty Head Lice Metal Comb (Loose Leaf)
great product, really easy to comb through sectioned hair ,haven't had a problem with nits since using, and added bonus don't need to be using those nasty nit shampoo anymore money well spent

5.0 out of 5 stars The best comb in the world (probably), 18 Jun 2011
This review is from: Nitty Gritty Head Lice Metal Comb (Loose Leaf)
There isn't much I can say about this comb apart from this one thing...

It is the destroyer of the head lice world.

brilliant.

5.0 out of 5 stars Best ever, 24 July 2014
AngieR (Liverpool, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Nitty Gritty Head Lice Metal Comb (Loose Leaf)
Brilliant comb, much better than those cheap plastic ones. We use this with a head covered in conditioner to comb through.

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazed with success, 20 Sep 2014
This review is from: Nitty Gritty Head Lice Metal Comb (Loose Leaf)
We spent 2 weeks and the end of summer term trying to get the rid of the dreaded creatures and finally managed to be nit free in summer hols, only to get them again in first 2 weeks after starting school. I decided to purchase it and was amazed with the success and will use it weekly with conditioner just to make sure we stay nit free!

5.0 out of 5 stars Best nit comb ever, 2 Sep 2009
R. Hawley "Flexman" (Leeds, UK) - See all my reviews
Our daughter had a severe outbreak of nits and lice that went undetected over the summer. By the time we noticed, her head was full of nits and worse, every hair had a visible nit case. We tried all the usual metal combs and so on and, because her hair is so fine, they took out the bugs but left the nit cases. Today the nitty gritty arrived and I wet her head down with water, put in conditioner and then proceeded to remove every last nit case from her hair and a great many dead nits from the chemical treatment we did last night as well. The nitty gritty nit comb was able to strip the nit cases from her very fine hair and we are all now very happy. It was so easy to use that we will be using it every few days to make sure that we NEVER have an infestation like that ever again. (NOTE: I read the review that said she tried it and it hurt her child. I also tried it dry and it pulls so you need to have something in the hair like conditioner or the nitty gritty lotions (I guess) to let the comb pull through the hair easily. Best is to towel dry the hair, put in conditioner, seat the child in front of a video or game and get combing.)

Nitty Gritty Head Lice Metal Comb