4.0 out of 5 stars CISCO WAP and Support
Published on 12 Jun 2012 by Peter Talbot

3.0 out of 5 stars Disapointing
Published 23 months ago by Andy Jones

4.0 out of 5 stars CISCO WAP and Support, 12 Jun 2012
This review is from: Cisco Wireless-N Access Point with Power Over Ethernet (Accessory)
Your correspondent must have been dealing with a different company to the Cisco with whom I corresponded. I installed a couple of these WAP4410N-GS devices in February 2012 and had some issues (which turned out to be my misinterpreting the documentation). I found the Cisco small business support service to be excellent. Customers have to register through their web site and raise the support case according to their procedures, but this is straightforward and, once I was in the system I found the staff were very knowledgeable and helpful.

The WAP4410N has some nice features: the antennas give good signal coverage, and it supports up to 4 VLANs, with the possibility of wireless segregation. This means you can easily create a guest network for vistors to securely obtain internet access without danger to your own LAN or to each other.

Note that I purchased from a different distributor to the one advertised here, so my comments concern only the product and the manufacturer.

Peter Talbot, Pearbright, <...>

5.0 out of 5 stars Once you get it set up right its great, 20 Jun 2013
took a bit of work but now its fine, so much better than extenders, just make sure your router is set as a bridge

4.0 out of 5 stars Firmware 2.0.6.1 and 2.0.5.3 have solved a lot or previous problems, 28 Mar 2013
George (London, United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
Admittedly, the WiFi Point was disappointing with original firmware versions up to and until 2.0.5.3. Since January 2013 the newest version has seemed to have ironed out few more problems and now I have to say that WiFi Point is stable and a lot more reliable than with the firmware prior to 2.0.5.3

3.0 out of 5 stars Disapointing, 25 Jan 2013
I had hoped that being manufactured by Cisco this access point would at least meet the standards of my now defunct Belkin pre-N access point, regrettably it didn't. The range was disappointing, connectivity at the outer limits of its range was very poor with the signal dropping out frequently. I was unable to access the IP address of the access point to change settings, the instruction manual was limited and on-line resources were very poor. I am sure this is a well made piece of hardware and in many locations this is more than adequate.
I have returned the unit and paid Amazon an addition £50 and purchased a Netgear pro access point which was easy to install and customise, appears to have a much better range and seems to be in different class altogether.

5.0 out of 5 stars Cisco = Quality, 13 Dec 2012
Bought one of these for our small office environment about 18 months ago. So trouble-free that when another of our routers (not a Cisco) packed up, I went straight out and bought another one of these. It is quite expensive as smaller routers go, but I think you get what you pay for in terms of quality. It is very configurable, upgradeable firmware etc., but the biggest plus is that once the initial setup was sorted, it just sits in the corner (well, in the loft actually) and works.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good product, 11 Oct 2012
I needed a wireless PoE Wireless Access point after an extension of our school and this popped up on my search. Cisco are renowned for making quality business products so I thought I would try out this "small business" solution.

It was supplied with a power cable and adapter for UK and Europe along with a module to enable you to turn it on and off, feet for locating it on a desk but no screws for wall mounting.

A quick start guide was included but the complete paperwork is on the CD provided. The documentation is pretty decent but you might need to look up a few things on-line for clarification.

I now have the access point set up and secure. It supplies wireless to about 6 class rooms and overlaps with an older AP. Would have given 5 stars if the documentation was more explanatory of different options and had wall mounting screws.

You will have this product working quicker if you have an understanding of IP addresses etc.

1.0 out of 5 stars Its immpossible to contact Cisco; no e mails are replied to; contact by telephone impossible; when able to contact fobbed off., 1 Feb 2011
Total immpossible to contact Cisco; e mails are not replied to over a question; when contact is made by telephone you are just fobbed off and wrong telephone numbers given; I will never deal with this company again.

5.0 out of 5 stars use a Cisco reseller for support, 7 Sep 2011
The 4410n is the top product in its field.....I suggest that any support be found via an authorised Cisco reseller, there are loads of them!!

Cisco Wireless-N Access Point with Power Over Ethernet