5.0 out of 5 stars Great optical cable
Published on 15 Oct 2009 by Amazon Customer

2.0 out of 5 stars Gold plated is perfect for better light
I ordered the cable because I was interested in how much the gold plating would add to the contact between the fiber and the laser led.
When using the cable, I noticed no difference between this cable and an ordinary non-gold-plated connector and then realized the gold plating is only usefull for electrical connections, not for laser light.

A complete...
Published on 1 Dec 2011 by JLD

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Great optical cable, 15 Oct 2009
This review is from: Ultimate 1.5 Metre Gold Plated Optical TOSlink Cable by Cable Mountain (Electronics)
I bought the 1.5 m and 1m versions of this optical cable. The build quality is fantastic but more importantly they work really well. No problems at all. They fit the optical sockets on my TV, amplifier, cable box and DVD player very snugly. They arrived with little plastic caps over the ends to protect them. Delivery was very speedy - ordered on a Monday arrived on the Wednesday. Overall excellent service and quality.

5.0 out of 5 stars Optical Cable, 23 Aug 2011
Great cable, great sound via it, flexible so easy to feed round corners to the back of AV equipment, recommended, will buy another

5.0 out of 5 stars Ultimate 1.5 Meter Cable by name and Quality!, 8 Nov 2010
Purchased this to Run between my Yam amp, Separate Speaker System and PS3, Cable and fittings feels and looks very good quality for the price, Connector clicked in place nice and the cable is very flexible, Set the ps3 to the correct settings and was very impressed with the sonic performance,
i then swapped it over with a 55 optical cable i use from my DVD player and it sounded the same, then put the it back to the PS3 as
i needed the extra length of 1.5 meters. I would buy one of these again and would not buy a 55 one ever again! My whole family could not
tell the difference between the sound.

5.0 out of 5 stars good quality lead at a good quality price, 7 Nov 2010
Delivery quick, item well made, connects VM HD box to Panasonic Blu-ray surround sound system without any problem at a price which is realistic.

5.0 out of 5 stars Pro quality, nothing to critisise, 10 Oct 2010
I have absolutely nothing bad to say about this product, It's another case of a high quality cable for not a lot of money, which, from a high-street retailer would be several times more expensive. It's cheap, but it doesn't feel it. The connector shells seem solid, if I accidently stood on them I wouldn't be worried. After sorting out the sample rate mismatch between my Xbox 360 and my Focusrite Saffire interface, the audio quality was amazing. I do have nearfield studio monitors though so it could be that. Delivery was very quick, I got it two days after I bought it and I've found this to be a pattern with most sellers, paying for the express delivery is shooting yourself in the foot a bit.

5.0 out of 5 stars Optical Audio Cable, 21 April 2010
J. Kelly "JFK no less" (Exeter) - See all my reviews
I bought this cable to reduce the over-all and growing number of wires at the rear of my TV/DVD etc.. and found that with this single optical audio cable it replaces all the other audio cable options, getting rid of half the nest of wires I had previously.

I have this cable connected between my V+ HD box and my 5.1 sound system and it is giving fantastic results. Good build quality and great value for money too, 5 stars

5.0 out of 5 stars CHEAP DOESN'T MEAN CHEAP, 1 Dec 2009
M. J. Melia - See all my reviews
Ordered after reading a few reviews about optical cables.

A large number of reviewers were of the same opinion that; the more you pay doesn't always mean the better you get.

This cable is excellent, the price is brilliant and delivered superfast, don't pay anymore

Matt

2.0 out of 5 stars Gold plated is perfect for better light, 1 Dec 2011

A complete waste of money if you ask me, because all my connections are at the back of my units, so nobody actually can see the nice golden plating as the gold plating should be considered as something pure aesthetically.

Though I have no issue with the quality of the cable, be aware, the gold plating is not realy usefull for a toslink cable. But than, after using the cable a few days, I noticed the sound actually getting more bright, than realizing it was kind of an echo I heard. As if the music came from a glass hall. Must have been the reflections off the golden connectors.

Now, all the music sounds as if I am in a church. If you don't like echos, buy an ordinary cable with black plughs. Might do better for an optical cable...

5.0 out of 5 stars Ultimate 1.5 Metre Gold Plated Optical TOSlink Cable, 4 Jun 2014
hashman1 (Clackmannan:Scotland.) - See all my reviews
Ultimate 1.5 Metre Gold Plated Optical TOSlink Cable by Cable Mountain. For the money this is a high quality cable in my opinion I would highly recommend it to everyone.

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant TOSlink Cable, 15 May 2014
For the price a very high quality cable which connects my Sony Bravia TV to Sony Blue Ray surround system without any problems.
I would highly recommend this product, the 1.5 metre is good as the extra length stops any pulling or sharp angles.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›