4.0 out of 5 stars Another slice of Gary...
Published on 22 Sep 2008 by Adamski

3.0 out of 5 stars Gary plods along
Yes Gary moore is a very good guitarist and if you're a " FAN " of his, then, yes you will probably like this predominently 12 bar blues CD. I have only played it once and to be honest it bored me some what. There was no track that stood out, that made you say "yeh it was worth buying for that track alone." Having listened to it it made me go and play " Parisienne...
Published on 1 Mar 2009 by FastHand

4.0 out of 5 stars Another slice of Gary..., 22 Sep 2008
Adamski (UK) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)
This review is from: Bad For You Baby (Audio CD)
...and it's a good one! Yum, tasty. I was hoping that after the last stripped-down and less rockin' 'Close As You Get' album that Mr Moore would serve up a more energetic portion for us this time...and he sure has! I was praying the cover art wasn't going to be misleading - it shows Gary in familiar low-slung Les Paul mode belting out a solo - and it's not misleading at all! He has turned the gain up again on his amps and whilst not rocking to 'Still Got The Blues' levels he IS rocking again! I'm talking blues rock of course here guys... The fretboard is once again his playground and although the numbers are standard 12-bar blues fayre he doesn't half rip on the majority of solos here and face it, that's what we're here for yeah? I have to say, this is one of Gary's better blues albums. I have them all (including the 'metal years') and the last couple for me have been good but not great. This is great. If you like Gary's take on the blues and have been happy with his recent output, you'll love this. His best for quite a few years in my opinion, I thought he'd hung up his rockin' spurs!

4.0 out of 5 stars Moore puts the Bite Back in, 24 Sep 2008
This review is from: Bad For You Baby (Audio CD)
OH Yes - A stronger Album from Gary Moore this time around. Standard Blues Riffs with interwoven guitar licks with a more heavier gritter sound differentiates this from the last 2 albums. Just as I thought Moore was mellowing he puts the venom back in and delivers a very good blues/Rock powered album. This album to me is a refined 'scars' sound , more controlled and polished yet very punchy and controlled distortion. Moores own penned songs are the stronger for me here as the covers have to much of the heard it all before factor.

The Guitar Geeks, Rock Fans and Blues purists will not be disappointed and this album will tour very well.

5.0 out of 5 stars EXCELLENT ALBUM, 24 Sep 2008
This review is from: Bad For You Baby (Audio CD)
If you like Moore, then here is the latest to add to your collection. It's pretty formula stuff - great blues rock - some boogie, some a bit heavier, and of course wonderful long ballards with superb guitar wizardy, delivered only how Moore can.

I won't go through track for track, because if your a fan you will get the drift, this is simply more and more of what Gary does best. A couple of noticeable mentions though. How about the 10 minute long "I Love You More Than You'll ever Know" epic? Sheer class over and over again, and "Mojo Boogie" whioch is foot tapping stonkingly good and subtle tones of Quo! Another track has some welcome female backing vocals, which adds some extra to the album.

All in all another Moore classic if you like his stuff or trying him out -this album delivers.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, 13 Feb 2011
This review is from: Bad For You Baby (Audio CD)
I saw Gary Moore about ten years ago in concert but I'd lost touch with his music since then. I bought this to show my respects after his death and I wish I'd bought it sooner. I prefer it to his earlier blues albums and Preacher Man Blues really blew me away. Great album.

5.0 out of 5 stars A Gary Moore masterpiece, 24 Sep 2008
This review is from: Bad For You Baby (Audio CD)
An excellent album from Gary Moore, a more beefed up melodic sound than Close As You Get with a welcome return of the trademark solos, some of which are fantastic. This album is a must for blues and guitar fans. This album is up there with the best of the Gary Moore albums.

4.0 out of 5 stars Been in the car CD for weeks., 21 Jan 2009
This review is from: Bad For You Baby (Audio CD)
Good album. Some upbeat some moody. As always good guitar, although some of the runs he has used before. Overall I liked it and it will encourage me to buy his next.

4.0 out of 5 stars A RETURN TO FORM, 24 Sep 2008
MOORE RETURNS TO THE STUDIO TO RECORD A MIXTURE OF HIS OWN COMPOSITIONS
AND WELL CHOSEN COVERS.MOORE'S RECENT STUDIO OUTPUT HAS BEEN A BIT HIT
AND MISS,BUT THIS IS A RETURN TO FORM WITH A GRITTIER SOUND AND STRONGER
MATERIAL,PERSONAL FAVOURITES ARE UMBRELLA MAN AND WALKIN'THRU'THE PARK.
MOORE HAS WORKED AS A SIDEMAN IN THE PAST PLAYING JAZZ ROCK(WITH
COLOSSEUM 2 AND HARD ROCK(WITH THIN LIZZY)BUT IN MY HUMBLE OPINION HIS
BEST WORK IS TO BE FOUND IN HIS BLUES ROCK RECORDINGS.IF YOU ARE A FAN OF
GARY MOORE MAY I SUGGEST YOU CHECK OUT HIS PETER GREEN TRIBUTE CD,BLUES
FOR GREENY,HIS CD WITH JACK BRUCE AND GINGER BAKER,AROUND THE NEXT DREAM BY BBM(THE REMASTERED VERSION WITH EXTRA(LIVE)TRACKS,AND HIS GUITAR
CONTRIBUTIONS TO OTIS TAYLOR'S DEFINITION OF A CIRCLE(TAYLOR RETURNS THE
FAVOUR BY APPEARING ON ONE OF THE TRACKS ON BAD FOR YOU BABY)
MOORE GETS A GREAT TONE FROM HIS(LES PAUL)GUITAR,AND EVEN HIS VOICE(IF YOU
DON'T MIND THE FAKE AMERICAN ACCENT WITH A TRACE OF HIS BELFAST BROGUE)IS
FAIRLY STRONG THROUGHOUT.IF YOU LIKE JOE BONAMASSA AND WALTER TROUT,GIVE
THIS CD A TRY.DESPITE WHAT ONE OF YOUR OTHER REVIEWERS SAYS,IT IS NOT ALL
TWELVE BAR BLUES,THERE ARE SOME MELLOWER TRACKS HERE AS WELL.

5.0 out of 5 stars Just will blow your mind, 29 Jan 2009
This review is from: Bad For You Baby (Audio CD)
I bought this after hearing a track on a radio station. And believe me i was not disappointed one little bit. Geez this guy can play the blues.
I wont go through every track but i will tell you that if you like the blues then you willl love "HAVE YOU EVER BEEN LONELY" and also " I REALLY DO LOVE YOU" whoa they just blew me away.
Buy this cd because i will stake my wages on the fact that you will not be disappointed. 10 out of 10

5.0 out of 5 stars Gary Moore Bad For you Baby, 6 April 2010
A. Morris - See all my reviews
This review is from: Bad For You Baby (Audio CD)
wonderful album, bought after just seeing at Wolverhampton Civic, songs are amazing. guiter playing superb brilliant album

5.0 out of 5 stars review for Gary moore bad for you baby, 18 May 2014
This review is from: Bad For You Baby (Audio CD)
One of garys better albums that is somehow not that well known even to some fans? great selection of awsome blues songs here worth every penny to and moore or blues/ rock fan that i would highly reccomend picking up if only to honor the memory of one of the best and most unique guitarists ever- the songs are cool too :)

Bad For You Baby