5.0 out of 5 stars Like cutting cheese!
Published on 24 Oct 2009 by Christopher Peters

2.0 out of 5 stars Quality not up to Bulldog Standard
These loppers were purchased because of the Bulldog brand(definately NOT the A.T name!)
and I must say that they have remained quite sharp and have a
reasonable ratchet action. Another reviewer mentioned the
difficulty of jaw opening when working through bush growth
but I have found that this applies to all loppers of a decent
length.
The...
Published on 24 July 2012 by M. D. Evans

5.0 out of 5 stars Like cutting cheese!, 24 Oct 2009
Christopher Peters (Surrey) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Alan Titchmarsh Ratchet Loppers with Extending Handles (Garden & Outdoors)
I purchsed this tool based on the previous reviews and I'm certainly not disappointed. The lopper is made 'in associated with Bulldog'. It's constructed from good quality materials and is very sturdy. The handles are quite heavy-grade aluminium and adjust in length in 5 steps by means of a button, from 60 cms closed(from the blade)to 94 cms fully extended. The handle ends have a soft feel that allows a good grip as well as providing some insulation when using them in the cold. So far I've only used it on branches up to about an inch thick but it was completely effortless and sliced through them with ease. I'm very happy with this tool and expect it to be serviceable for a long time. I highly recommend it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Lopper User's Delight, 16 Nov 2009
Having put the loppers through some testing work I am very satisfied with the performance. It is important, though, to follow the instructions for activating the rachet device when cutting thicker branches. Of particular note is the press-button mechanism for extending the handles which is different from the normal screw-type method. This press-button mechanism, along with the elliptical shape of the handles, gives a much stronger feel to the loppers. I have with past lopper, handles of the round screw-type mechanism, experienced a handle breakage at the extension join.

5.0 out of 5 stars Alan Titchmarsh Ratchet Loppers, 27 Jan 2011
I can't recommend these highly enough. I have had them for only two weeks, but I have put them to hard work cutting down a very large climber (wisteria)and few other smaller jobs. After getting used to the ratchet action I have found that very little muscle is required and they are very quick and easy to use. I was able to cut the 15 year old wisteria back to the almost to ground level. I was cutting through two inch trunks easily by moving the loppers back and forth through 90 degrees and taking smallish bites. I found the weight perfectly OK. The price was very reasonable compared to other loppers on both the web and the local shops. Very, very pleased.Alan Titchmarsh Ratchet Loppers with Extending Handles

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, 12 Sep 2009
Jo (West Sussex UK) - See all my reviews
Rachet system only takes 5 minutes to get used to. Extending handles very useful and easy to use. All in all an excellent product and worth the money

5.0 out of 5 stars Top class Lopper, 10 Sep 2009
Quality product worth paying the extra for compared with cheaper items the handles are much stronger than the round ones on the cheaper types. The ratchet system works well on the thicker branches. Very pleased with purchase.

5.0 out of 5 stars Expensive but effective, 16 May 2009
H. L. Wilcox "Heather" (Cardiff) - See all my reviews
I have a great deal of lopping to do in an overgrown garden and I thought that the ratchet and extending arms would be useful I also hoped that price would equal quality.
It is certainly good and cuts take little effort, quite a lot less than the lopper it replaces. The arms extend easily and it is not too heavy. I'm not certain about the ratchet mechanism since it has not been needed on the branches I have cut so far (up to about an inch) but I see no reason why it should not work well. The handles are comfortable and it looks as if it is a good quality tool
Possibly my needs could have been satisfied with something cheaper but I am happy with this and I suspect it will do everything anyone could reasonably ask of it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Tool, 28 Jun 2009
J. O. Weston (Shropshire) - See all my reviews
I have just had to take over an acre of wooded garden. I have used this tool on quite formidable branches with every satisfaction. With simple care and petience it works wonders. Thoroughly recommended.

5.0 out of 5 stars What a lopper!, 27 Oct 2009
R. W. Connor (Cossall, UK) - See all my reviews
Have used, and broken, many loppers of this type so I think I can claim to know my stuff! Great design, well finished, super performance, very good value.
No more to be said - until I bre..... no, I don't think I will - they look stronger than me!

5.0 out of 5 stars Titchmarsh Loppers, 21 Feb 2010
An excellent product which does everything it claims. It cuts branches of various thicknesses very quickly and the ratchet system makes even the thicker ones extremely easy to slice through. The extending handles ensure that previously inacessible wood can be reached and pruned quickly. A very useful garden tool.

5.0 out of 5 stars Nothing a problem for them., 12 Jan 2010
Daff o Dilly (Cologne, Germany) - See all my reviews
Our old faithful loppers had finally chewed their way through a tree branch for the last time and a new pair had to be found. After looking afresh at what was available on the market, much discussion and brousing, we settled on these and they do not disappoint. The handle length is easy to adjust with a slight turn and they are held fast when locked in position. The cutting blade is sharp and strong and can be opened wider to cut different widths of branch. They made short work of cutting up our 6ft christmas tree and were equally effective at cutting overhead branches from trees in the garden. The ratchet action certainly helps for thicker branches. Overall the loppers feel strong and well-made and the handles are easy to hold and give good grip. We are very happy with this product.

Alan Titchmarsh Ratchet Loppers with Extending Handles