5.0 out of 5 stars Good company
The button stopped working properly after about a year. I emailed them and they promptly sent a replacement inner part free of charge. I like not needing a bracket and the three LEDs are bright.
Published on 23 Jun 2011 by M. Baker

2.0 out of 5 stars light dimming within a week of purchase
I have had a Knog Gekko light for night bike riding in the past, but this time's purchase has been very disappointing. It may be a weak battery, but the light is unpredictable, and often quite dim. I have barely had it for a month, and have had this problem since the first week.
Published 17 months ago by NS

5.0 out of 5 stars Good company, 23 Jun 2011
M. Baker (London) - See all my reviews

5.0 out of 5 stars Really decent safety light!, 14 May 2011
I've had one of these for over 2 years now and let me just say what an innovative design it is too. I was using a Cateye model previously and being very wary of bike thieves I got fed up with attaching and reattaching the screw into the light housing everytime I parked my bicycle.

With this light however removal and attachment only takes 2 seconds! The stretchy material easily accommodates most handlebars and is really sturdy and rigid when attached. No road bumps are going to knock it out of position. Replacement of batteries is a little finnicky but simple when done once before.

There is also decent variation with light settings: Constant>Fast Strobe>Slow Strobe>Off. The light generated by 2 AAA rechargable batteries (supplied with light) is nothing short of astonishing! Of top of my head I think it has a 100M range give or take a couple. Also the battery life is extremely long. These new L.E.D's are very efficient.

My only negative is that it struggles with full illumination of the road ahead at night. Then again if you are a serious night rider then you would own a dedicated fully rechargable power light which use the bottle cage as a battery compartment but as a safety light I can recommend no other!

Knog Gekko 3 Led Front Light - Black

4.0 out of 5 stars Great light but a bit tight on oversized handlebars, 16 Jan 2011
Really good lights - better than the bullfrogs I also have.

These take just two AAA's as opposed to the three that the bullfrogs take, which makes charging easier (most battery chargers can only charge in pairs)

They are also much tougher than the bullfrogs, which have a really flimsy plastic shell that is easy to destroy.

The only negative is that it is difficult to stretch the rubber strap around 31.8mm road bike handlebars. Potentially you could overstretch it and cause it to break.

edit: This light also causes interference with my wireless computer's signal. Other lights don't.

1.0 out of 5 stars Had to return it... poor design turns itself on at the slightest touch., 13 Aug 2013
First of all I have to say I love Knog lights. I use 2 Frogs on my bike and love them so thought I would upgrade the front light to the Gekko. I have to park my bike in a public car park while I'm in the office so I have to take the lights off and put them in my bag. After using the Gekko for a week I found that literally every single day it had turned itself on inside my bag at some point and massively drained the batteries. The large front power button sounds good in theory but it requires such a small amount of pressure to turn on that it will inevitably get bumped and turned on without you knowing about it. It is a major design flaw that completely ruins what is otherwise a great light. I had to return mine as it would have cost me a fortune in batteries. To their credit Amazon refunded it without a fuss. Hopefully Knog addresses this problem at some point.

4.0 out of 5 stars Does the job, 31 May 2013
Ideal for riding on the roads but wouldn't advise for country lanes etc. Great light for letting others know you are on the road but as I said the beam is not too good.

2.0 out of 5 stars light dimming within a week of purchase, 16 Nov 2012

2.0 out of 5 stars Fine until wet!, 14 Feb 2012
Stop working when they get slightly wet. Have to be dismantled and dried on radiator. A real pain. Wouldn't recommend

4.0 out of 5 stars Neat... BUT, 1 Feb 2012
Neat design, nice bright light but...

If you're like me and pocket your lights beware they VERY easily turn on in your pocket so battery life ain't that great

Also if you have a load of stuff on your handlebars- gears, brakes, etc the low profile of this light means that it's hidden from that truck hitting you from the side. Luckily it's flexible enough to fit on one of my 'horns' (the handlebar extension bits)- hopefully this will help...

next time I'll probably go for a more traditional bracket based light

4.0 out of 5 stars the light is great, 23 Nov 2011
I tried it on the weekend after revived it. The light is bright & I quite like the design. It is great for night cycling.

5.0 out of 5 stars when you ahve to be seen!, 21 Oct 2013
ideal for road bikes and touring bikes when the handle bars are getting a bit full. i mount mine on the front forks (one on either side). definitely to be seen by and not to see by. I like to be lit up like a christmas tree over the winter and these really manage that! If you don't already have some get some now!

ARRAY(0xb5cecfc0)