5.0 out of 5 stars Fast
I have to admit that these are fast charging, and once fully charged it stops charging the batteries and what I found useful is that it stops each one in turn, so that if the batteries are all of different levels of power used, then it will stop charging them individually as they top up.

I have had a few units of this size but they have always been units that...
Published on 25 Jan 2011 by Mr. A. Osborne

1.0 out of 5 stars DISASTER STRUCK AFTER 6 MONTHS USE
If youre a photographer or shoot video you need this... it chargers super fast.
I had a generic Energizer charger which is terrible, however this one has got me believing in Energizer again..

UPDATE:
15/12/2012
CHARGER JUST COOKED MY BATTERIES ( ENERGISERS) DAM CHARGER EXPLODED AND STARTED TO SMOKE..
LOOKS LIKE A CALL TO THE COMPANY IS IN...
Published 16 months ago by Pedro Andias

5.0 out of 5 stars Fast, 25 Jan 2011
Mr. A. Osborne "Oxomoron" (London UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Energizer 1Hour Battery Charger Fast-charging Accu with 4x AA 2300mAh Batteries Ref 638892 (Accessory)

I have had a few units of this size but they have always been units that plug straight in to the socket, but this one has a separate adaptor, which I have found to be quite useful.

The batteries do get quite warm especially if being charged from completely depleted, not hot enough that it will burn, but maybe hot enough that you cant hold them for too long before it gets uncomfortable to do so, but a good unit for charging my camera batteries when I am travelling.

5.0 out of 5 stars This charger works as advertised, 23 Jan 2012
Reviews Guy (England) - See all my reviews
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)
I find it really annoying when you buy a product that promises to do something and then it does not, or it does but ends up damaging something as a result.

Having owned two other brands of battery chargers before, I can't recommend this one enough. I have a 15-minute quick charger by Energizer that also works beautifully, but for normal charging I use this one because it doesn't heat up the batteries like the fast charger does.

I charge eneloop brand batteries in this, and they do go from flat to full in 60 minutes, so the charger fulfils its promise of 1 hour charging.

The batteries that came with it are okay, but they don't hold charge like the eneloop batteries do, so I just stopped using them.

I think it's good value for money, it looks smart and it does what it says, so I recommend this product based on 1 year of flawless use. It can also be used abroad in countries that have different voltage and frequency on the electricity supply. This supports from 100V to 240V, both at 50 and 60Hz, so you can use it anywhere in the world where you can find normal home electricity supply.

I hope that helped.

4.0 out of 5 stars Best of several AA/AAA chargers I owned so far, 13 July 2011
Fanta (Milan, Italy) - See all my reviews
The unit charges each of the four batteries individually, indicating the status of each charge with a different LED, as opposed to chargers that charge them two or even four at a time. Therefore one can mix batteries coming from different appliances, that have been depleted to different levels. It can charge AA and AAA batteries, and works with a 100-240 V supply, which makes it suitable to travel. Unfortunately (for those who are not in UK) the provided plug is UK, which is bulky. Based on the duration of the batteries in my appliances, and the readings of a voltmeter, I can say the charger loads them up fully. Also, the unit looks more robust than others I previously owned. I have tested it with the provided batteries and also with Kodak batteries so far. I would give it 5 stars if it came with a 12 V cigar lighter adapter. However, if you have the adapter from the older model (PC70), it works with this one too. Note this model is for NiMH batteries only.

5.0 out of 5 stars I have researched them all.. This is the charger you want, 19 Nov 2011
Its not always about the highest mAh you can buy.. in fact, the higher the mAh, the less times you can charge it..

I have researched all of the other major brands, I was after a fast charger, and although there was a faster uniross charger, some people mentioned sometimes it flashes indicating the battery is faulty.. I can relate to this, I have got an older fast uniross charger.

This carger works out the cost effective deal, it has features to trickle charge to make sure the battery is not overcharged and batteries in the 2300 range are ideal

There is only 1 charger in my opinion that tops this, and its at twice the price. (Ansmann DigiSpeed 4 Ultra) here is a comparrison:
[...]

Thanks

5.0 out of 5 stars superb!, 8 May 2011
There isn't a lot to say really, its a battery charger, but what a battery charger! It's absolutely brilliant. I bought one to keep me in batteries for my Turtle Beach x41's and my xbox controllers I'm overjoyed with the performance of this product. Both AA's and AAA's or a mixture of the two fully charged in one hour and for the price its an absolute bargain, I couldn't be happier.

5.0 out of 5 stars top notch, 20 Dec 2010
S. Jones (lancashire, england) - See all my reviews
i concur with the other reviews.
i switched to rechargeables about 5 or 6 yrs ago when i first switched to digital cameras and realised that unless i won the lottery i couldnt afford the duracell's ;-)
since then i have used a couple of brands of charger, mainly uniross. i chose these because i needed the 1 hour charge times.
the energizer charger is excellent. it will charge 1, 2, 3 or 4 batteries independently, the others i've used would only do sets of 2 ie; 2 or 4, not 1 or 3.
and whilst i've not bothered timing the difference i'm pretty sure the energizer charges faster then the uni-ross, and at £20 is a tenner cheaper than i paid for that one a few years back.
also, it runs on 12v dc, the plug in adapter converting the mains,
so, if you sort out the right lead you will be able to use the charger from any 12v source ie; your car's cigarette lighter socket.

5.0 out of 5 stars a good piece of kit, 7 Feb 2011
A. James "crazy diamond" (Tranent,Scotland) - See all my reviews
I liked this product as the charger is small. This has a seperate adapter that plugs into the mains, this is not too large.One word of warning it only charges NiMh batteries (not NiCads)and the battery's do become quite hot. It is very fast, and can charge any number of battery's from 1-4 and each has a separate charge indicator that goes out when that battery is charged.I would thoroughly recommend this charger

4.0 out of 5 stars totally recommended - might even be worth 5 stars, 14 May 2012
A really neat well thought out product which I thoroughly recommend.

I've had one for a few months now and it works just great so I'm looking to get another one.

It charges quickly but not always in 1 hour - it will depend on the ambient temperature and the capacity of the AA battery ie 2000 mAh will be faster that 2500 mAh.

Using them with the Duracell "Stay Charged" brand rechargeable AA batteries I've had great results - pretty much as you'd hope.

This type of Duracell rechargeable (as distinct from Duracell rechargeables NOT branded as "Stay Charged") will retain their charge for longer than a standard rechargeable battery. If you weren't aware - standard Ni-MH type rechargeable batteries tend to "leak" their charge relatively quickly over a few months once charged - and so charging them now - with plans to use them in a few months don't tend to work very well.

The new generation of "hybrid" batteries do a reasonable job of getting around this so that several months after you first charged your batteries and threw them into the back of the drawer - they are pretty useable rather than totally flat or having very limited charge left.

There are a few really nice features on this charger CH1HR-2 which make it a lot nicer than most of the other rechargers which I've had over the years (Accu, Duracell, Uniross and previous iterations of Energizer)

Firstly - you can charge just one AA battery at a time - rather than charging them in pairs so if you have anything with an odd number of batteries eg torches with 1 or 3 batteries - then this'll make you happy.

I haven't tried for AAA but assume that works too.

Secondly there aren't any annoying things you need to "flick down" in order to charge smaller AAA batteries - on some brands you have to do this - and whilst it is just two seconds of my life - somehow it always really annoys me to have to do this because I'm always thinking why don't they just have two banks of connectors for each size AA / AAA.

The answer is cost of course - but I find it annoying - so this is a great solution !!!

Major downside - for some people at least - will be that it DOESN'T charge those squared off batteries with the button connectors on top - so just be sure you don't need this.

Minor downside - again important for some people - is the fact that it doesn't plug straight into the wasll and has a wire to plug into the mains. This is great for the setup in my house - but other people will want a plug straight into the wall without an adaptor or cables - so make sure this isn't you.

I'm surprised to still be writing about something so simple - but I guess that simple things done really well just make life a whole load more pleasurable.

Just ask Apple LOL - though I doubt that they'd give me an iPad for the same price !!!

5.0 out of 5 stars well fast, 27 Nov 2011
I use this charger all the time for the lights on my bikes and the torches i use at work plus the batteies that come with it are great would`nt want any other it does the job very well and fast

4.0 out of 5 stars do these batteries ever run out?, 22 Nov 2011
Saul Hudson (UK) - See all my reviews
This battery and charger set is a nice little package. The charger will get your batteries up and running in about 2 hrs and once the 2300mAh batteries are charged I doubt you will need spares on an average days shoot. Honestly, we take a LOT of photos when we are out and these batteries hold their charge really well. I have a new Fuji HS20 and can go a whole day without needing to change batteries. That's quite something given that I make great use of the screen and video part of the camera. Good price and great performance.