5.0 out of 5 stars Does what it says on the tin!
I bought this item for my footballing son who's thrilled. Quality is fine at a fraction of the cost of other leading brands. Very pleased and will buy again.
Published on 8 Feb 2010 by Angelique

3.0 out of 5 stars Pretty good, but let down by tight waistband
Published on 26 Mar 2010 by Yeti Man

3.0 out of 5 stars Pretty good, but let down by tight waistband, 26 Mar 2010
These shorts are made from a very comfy fabric and are nice to wear for the most part. The only downside is the waistband. The whole short is made from stretchy fabric, including the waistband, but for some odd reason the manufacturer decided to stitch all the way around the waistband with non-stretchy cotton. This makes the waistband a very fixed size which isn't so good for people like me who don't have rock hard flat abs! I got the large size because I fit very comfortably into pretty much every other boxer short of the same size on the market. Not these! I had to snap the cotton round the waistband to make them fit (and the shorts are still fine, proving how pointless the cotton is) and even then they are very tight and uncomfortable around the gut.

Just be aware when you buy - go for a size larger than you'd normally get!

1.0 out of 5 stars Prostar Marino Baselayer Shorts, 24 May 2010
Purchased both the base layer shorts and the top to go under bike leathers. The sizes are completely wrong, I am 6' 2" and bought the XL sizes in both garments. They arrived ok and I thought for the price were a good purchase however... the top is marked inside as 46-48", in gents, meaning the chest size. I am a 44" chest, 36" waist and prefer looser fits but upon opening the packet the top and shorts looked very small. I tried to wear the top but it was physically impossible to put it on fully and much to my girlfriends absolute hilarity, it sat about 2" above my waist like some 80's disco top. Wrong! The shorts were no better and I have donated both items to my girlfriend - who is a size 10, and they fit her comfortably. So be warned, I doubt even the largest size will fit a larger built man, and the size ratings not only on here, but also printed in the garments are completely wrong
A nice looking garment and delivered very quickly but unless you can judge your fit from the above..

Prostar Marino Baselayer Shorts.

5.0 out of 5 stars Does what it says on the tin!, 8 Feb 2010
Angelique (Herts, England) - See all my reviews

1.0 out of 5 stars Stitching very uncomfortable., 1 Nov 2010
I am surprised not to find other reviews on the central stitching!! It is very coarse stitching that runs right down the centre front to back of the shorts. It rubs and has caused me extreme soreness in places I would rather not get sore!!..A very poor design in my humblest of opinions. I bought 8 pairs in total straight off having read the reviews here..should have save my money and bought better ones.

I would not recommend these at all. If the stitching were to be sorted and not left puckered with fishing wire type thread...They would be fine.

1.0 out of 5 stars Not as expected!, 1 Jun 2010
2 issues here....
1. Fit - the highest waistband ever....way up my stomach, heading for my ribs. May suit the mature gent with high fit trousers! Very tight waistband on a soft fabric body, why?
2. Fabric - these are pure synthetic....No Merino wool, so please check the spelling! If you want Merino Wool, look elsewhere.
I can't recommend these at all. Quite useless.
At this price they are going straight in the bin, as I can't be bothered sending them back.

1.0 out of 5 stars Poor, 3 July 2013
Well i guess i should have taken notice of others comments, really pretty poor altogether, And boy is that waist band tooooo tight, and im only a 32 waist, look elsewhere peeps.

1.0 out of 5 stars Prostar Marino baselayer, 26 July 2010
Wore these today for the first time. Fully agree with earlier review comments about the waistband stitching being pointless. Maybe they should save the stitching for the seams as some of the stitching has gone after an hours wear! Certainly won't be buying these again....

5.0 out of 5 stars wonderful, 20 Oct 2009
sailorbouy (north east england) - See all my reviews
I just bought these underpants for the coming winter months. As I am still fit at 63 years I wanted to keep my thighs warm as i sometimes work outdoors. I have worn them a few times now and I am seriously thinking about buying some more because they feel so good next to my skin. I would recomend them to anyone.
Ken
Prostar Marino Baselayer Shorts

5.0 out of 5 stars Short review, 6 Oct 2009
Comfortable and quality product. Highly recommended as a value product against the better known brands which appear to be no better.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good Value, 31 May 2011
Mr. R. G. Brown (England) - See all my reviews
I bought these baselayer shorts to use for football training. I have a pair of Adidas Tech Fit shorts which I like, but didnt want to wear them out at training so I wanted something cheaper.

I read the reviews on Amazon before buying. I would say they that most are spot on. I looked at the ProStar sizing chart before I ordered. They are just on size, any smaller and I wouldn't have got into them comfortably. Like others say, there is not a lot of 'give' in the waist band. If in doubt, go for a size higher.

ProStar have been a little bit cheeky calling them 'Marino', because there is no 'Merino' wool in them. I guess merino wool is expensive. They are 90% polyester, 10% elastane.

Considering the high price of baselayers, including ebay, they are good value at less than a £][. Others have commented that they are poorly made but I haven't noticed it myself. I dont think I would buy loads of them, but when these are worn out I would consider buying another pair.