5.0 out of 5 stars Worth every penny.
Published on 1 July 2009 by Mrs. M. Lever

3.0 out of 5 stars Not as good as the DSC-V3
I have waited for the price to come down as I wanted a small camera to carry at all times. I have a DSC-V3 which is absolutely great, can't really fault it. So it was a big disappointment to find the DSCW210S could not in anyway compare in spite of it being almost twice the size in pixels. With the V3 I get excellent results with A2 prints, not so with the 210S. Both have...
Published on 15 Feb 2010 by Geoffrey Lowe

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Worth every penny., 1 July 2009
Mrs. M. Lever (Yorkshire. England.) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Sony Cybershot DSCW210S Camera - Silver (12.1MP, 4x optical zoom) 2.7 inch LCD (Electronics)
This is the second SONY Cyber-shot camera that I`ve owned. The first one was the DSC-W55 purchased two years ago which was also an excellent camera and worked really well for me. On a trip to New Zealand in February I took nearly a thousand superb photoraphs on two memory cards but then unfortunately the selection dial for the various functions started to play up so I decided to replace it.The new camera is even better as this has 12.1 Mega Pixels.It`s a very easy to use quality camera which gives excellent results.Another big selling point for me with each camera has been the batteries. A rechargable LITHIUM ION NP-BG1.These batteries last for a VERY long time before they need re-charging and then they are quickly charged again up in a couple of hours.

5.0 out of 5 stars AMATEUR CONFUSED WITH MANY OPTIONS!, 27 Jun 2009
Karen Mckinlay (Ayrshire, Scotland) - See all my reviews
After spending days over reviews, I bought a Panasonic Lumix, got home, tried it and wanted to cry. I returned it to the shop for another the same make and still disappointed. Returned again and bought the cheaper cybershot. Compared images i took in the shop on a HUGE tv. The assistant was shocked at how much better the quality and sharpness was on the cybershot having previously advised me to buy the lumix!!! This is the best camera i have ever had. Cannot believe the quality for the money. Of course, i am an amateur however it meets all my needs.

5.0 out of 5 stars Point and Shoot!, 31 Dec 2009
Tarik Ali (Essex, England) - See all my reviews
I purchased this camera as an alternative to my big bulky digital Panasonic SLR camera which is also a very good camera......in the right hands! This is why I wanted simple, easy to use camera which I could slip in my pocket out on holidays/wedding etc. I had been expecting a lot from this camera as my sister had a few models down which she purchased a few years back. She some how always managed to produce the same, if not better and more consistent quality pictures than my SLR (wrong hands!).

This camera has excelled and produced fantastic pictures! There are a lot of functions but if you're anything like me and just want to point and shoot then this is the camera as it does everything for you. You do need to switch between a few preset modes but that's easy to figure out. I have so far used it on a beech holiday and two family weddings and it hasn't disappointed. The guests loved my pictures so much that I was practically promoted to the unofficial photographer on the 2nd wedding; it's either that or I am not very photogenic???

5.0 out of 5 stars Great value and easy to use, 5 Jan 2010
For amateur photography, you don't get much better value for money than the Sony Cyber-shot DSC-W210. There are dozens of easy to understand settings enabling you to get good picture quality in any environment (even underwater, if you buy the Sony MPK-WD Marine Pack), but if you don't want to faff around with the settings you can get a great, sharp picture by simply turning the camera on and using the default. The flash is very effective and even when there is not a lot of light you get a clear, true-colour picture. The zoom is fantastic too. You can zoom right in to distant scenery and still take a sharp photo. The DSC-W210 equally good for taking close ups, with its Macro function. The only problem with the zoom is that it can't be used while taking video. The video recorder is otherwise good, with perfectly decent visual and audio quality.

This is a great camera to take on holiday or to any event. It's very slim and light, so won't get in the way, and comes with a wrist strap so you won't drop and damage the camera. The rechargeable battery lasts for days, so you can take your camera with you on a short break without having to worry about spare batteries or recharging. One extra you will DEFINITELY need is a memory stick, as the camera's internal memory stores next to nothing. Once you've taken a nice set of photos, uploading to your computer is a doddle. Simply connect the camera to your computer with the supplied USB cable, turn the camera on and upload to your chosen photo viewing software. I like Picasa the best, although the DSC-W210 comes with its own software for you to install if you so wish. Since the USB cable has A/V plugs attached, you can view the photos on your TV as well.

For the price, I really couldn't ask for more. There are a few gimmicks such as the "Smile Shutter" mode, which automatically takes a photo when smiles are detected. Sure, it's an intelligent function, but it really isn't so hard just to press the shutter button when you want to take a photo of somebody smiling. All in all, this is a very high quality little camera at a good price. I highly recommend.

4.0 out of 5 stars Sharp pictures, 31 Aug 2009
I searched for ages before committing to this camera, as I always do when make an electrical purchase. I dont have any regrets at all. It definitely exceeds my expectation for the price. The pictures are clear and sharp-a little too sharp as i find that sometimes it shows every feature on one's face..even blemishes!

Its excellent for landscape and buildings in terms of picture quality.
The functions are all easy to master.

The best thing about it for me is that pictures taken without flash are still sharp, and there is no blur at all.

All in all i'd say go for it!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great value for money, 15 Jan 2010
I bought this camera for my girlfriend. She wanted a compact camera that was durable, portable and easy to use. This camera is all of those things but also offers exceptional image quality for the price. Neither myself nor my girlfriend are budding photographers but if you want a camera to take on holiday or on nights out I would highly recommend this one. An excellent 'every-day' camera.

4.0 out of 5 stars Sony Cybershot, 15 Sep 2009
Nice dinky camera, with a lot of features. I have a little trouble getting the smile capturing mode to work, but I'm probably just not doing it right. I liked the ability to edit red eye etc. Good for taking out and about.

5.0 out of 5 stars Well Pleased, 15 Sep 2009
B. Fowler - See all my reviews
I bought a Sony Cybershot DSC-P12( 5mp)about 9yrs ago and wanting more pixels & a bigger viewing screen the obvious choice for a new camera was to be a Sony. I kept reviewing options on Amazon and being completely satisfied with my first camera finally settled for another Cybershot. The spec. read well, the price was very good and it arrived very quickly. The memory stick came separately later, but not to worry! The DCW210S has 15mb of internal memory so I immediately got snapping and trying out everything it could do. It delivered everything I was looking for.
More pixels, better macro capability, a terrific Carl Zeiss lens,a large viewing screen, etc etc.
This camera is well made, easy to use, great capability and such good value for the money.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent!, 10 May 2009
D. Jacquet (United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
Was looking for a easy to use digital camera for my wife with stunning picture quality; after doing some research decided to go the Cybershot.
Easy to use, excellent picture quality and good looking piece of technology. Works for me.
D

5.0 out of 5 stars exellent!!!, 20 Dec 2009
S. Owen (uk) - See all my reviews
Bought this camera with a memory stick and case for my mum as a pressie.
She is a total technophobe and we knew the camera had to be easy to use and get the pictures from.
We seached through loads of info on diffrent types of cameras and everything pointed to the sony cybershot range, the camera is easy to use and you can get the pictures printed just about anywere!
It arrived when they said it would and my mum couldn't be happier so all in all a sucsessful purchase.
(p.s. she's after a laptop now, wish me luck!!!)

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›