5.0 out of 5 stars Highly Contagious - Catch It While You Can
Let's start with the name.

I love it....love it to bits in fact.

It's nuts how no-one thought to use it before.

(I didn't research the above assumption and will
doubtless now receive an almighty slap on the tail
from a Harry or Sally far cleverer than me for
my ignorance).

Noisettes have given us a cracking little...
Published on 27 April 2009 by The Wolf

3.0 out of 5 stars Driving Music
I was looking forward to receiving this album because of the success of the first two singles released from it... however I was slightly disappointed. Why? I can't really put my finger on why, but I was expecting something 'different' and in my humble opinion the album was definitely average.

However, on the positive side, it is easy to listen to so ideal to...
Published on 23 Aug 2009 by Lisa Hubball

5.0 out of 5 stars Highly Contagious - Catch It While You Can, 27 April 2009
The Wolf (uk) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 100 REVIEWER)
This review is from: Wild Young Hearts (Audio CD)
Let's start with the name.

I love it....love it to bits in fact.

It's nuts how no-one thought to use it before.

(I didn't research the above assumption and will
doubtless now receive an almighty slap on the tail
from a Harry or Sally far cleverer than me for
my ignorance).

Noisettes have given us a cracking little album here.

11 very fine songs performed with fierce confidence
and self-belief.

The guitar/bass/drums formula is augmented with
subtle use of keyboards and electronics in all
the right places. Never too much - never too little.

Ms Shoniwa's voice is vibrant and full of life and despite
it's occasional limitations is always fresh and captivating.

Opening track 'Sometimes' is a composition worthy of the
late great Jake Thakray (....ask your Grandad to explain).

The woozy off-kilter opening harmonies lead into a beguiling
and unpredictably shifting melody. Easily one of the best songs
I have heard so far this year.

The dancefloor thrash of single 'Don't Upset The Rhythm' is
a blast of five star pristine pop - consumately executed.

The sunny "la la las" and handclapping of title track
'Wild Young Hearts' are delightful. It slips easily in and
out of it's big show tune production to reveal the rock solid
pedigree of this fine little band's instrumental skills.

Likewise '24 Hours' - the bass/drums backbone pins down yet
another winning composition. The chorus is irristible.

Truth be told there's not a bad track to be had here.

'Beat Of My Heart' is a stormer, destined to be a show-stopper
in live shows.

'Never Forget You', with it's playful sixties references, is
for me the album's highlight. A pure unadulterated slice of joy!
(Mr Large's sprightly string arrangement deserves a special mention).

Final track 'Cheap Kicks' draws the project to a classy conclusion.

Noisettes seem to have burst into the listening world
fully formed and totally fabulous.

We'd all be nuts not to take note.

Highly Recommended.

5.0 out of 5 stars Now That's What I Call Music!!, 18 April 2009
Katrina-UK (Stockport, Cheshire, United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Wild Young Hearts (Audio CD)
Absolutely awesome album! The lead singer has an amazing voice, and their songs are fantastic. For some reason, I can't help but think they need to get this girl to do the lead song for the next James Bond soundtrack. She's got the voice to do it.

As I'm a sucker for 50's/60's/70's music, my two favourite songs have got to be 'Wild Young Hearts' and 'Never Forget You' which are simply outstanding coming from a band in the 21st century, and songs I reckon will be remembered in years to come.

A MUST BUY!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Its should become a classic album, 15 Oct 2009
This review is from: Wild Young Hearts (Audio CD)
I had heard a few of the Noisettes tracks on the radio and loved the vocals and music. It prompted me to think of buying the CD. When I checked on Amazon, I was very pleased to see they had samples of all the tracks to listen to. I was amazed by the clarity and soulfulness of her voice and the beat of the music - a wonderful combination.

During the year I only buy a few CD's so I try and choose carefully. Once Wild Young Hearts arrived I popped the CD in the car and then played through about 8 times (with some tracks repeated) before I changed the music.

You might not realise I am not some young wipper snapper, but 55 and have a 12 year old daughter (even she loves this CD). This album should become a classic as there are no bad tracks, just some of them are slightly better than others.

This is definitely a 5 star album and should appeal to all age groups. I rate this as a must have album - so buy a copy today.

5.0 out of 5 stars A step up to bigger things, 2 May 2009
Mr. Colin Wells (london) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Wild Young Hearts (Audio CD)
This is a classy album of interesting and eclectic songs. The production suggests the pop sound we are used to from the likes of Duffy and Amy Winehouse but the songs dare to be different. OK the big disco stomper (Go Baby Go) is very commercial, but the rest of the album shows the band's writing ability and their varied influences. Personally I miss the harder edged shouty side of the Noisettes but you still get some of that if you see them live. I think this album will make the Noisettes a household name.

5.0 out of 5 stars A Great Sound of Summer, 29 Jun 2009
This review is from: Wild Young Hearts (Audio CD)
Wild Young Hearts is a real grower, i.e. the more you listen the better it gets. I love Never Forget You, which has a very heavy Sixties sound. The whole album is a classy feelgood mix of catchy songs and excellent vocals. This is my first Noisettes album but I will now try out the back catologue

5.0 out of 5 stars Suprising excellence, 23 Aug 2009
This review is from: Wild Young Hearts (Audio CD)
After seeing the car advert with 'Don't Upset The Rhythm' I thought yeah ok song, but bit commercial for my complete liking.

So why did I give this album 5 out of 5, cos it's the nuts that's why. If I was to be negative 'Don't upset the Rhythm' is probably the worst track on there, and that's saying something, as it's not a bad listen, and certainly not bad.

After hearing 'Sometimes' on last FM I decided there was more here then I thought, I'm missing something here and I was right. 'Sometimes' when played on my coveted Hi-Fi system just sent sweet heaven to my ears, in fact this style of high/low harmony blend is what they achieve best and I hope they remember this for future releases, a few songs practice this and it really does enhance their unique sound and make anyone with a pure music heart sit up and listen. The rest of the songs show a diverse understanding of how music should sound, with a female vocalist whose unique but still faintly sweet voice enhances the already excellent backing.

A mixture of soft rock and northern soul with their unique and modern twist, does not disappoint.

Believe me, if you like good music, you will like this.

5.0 out of 5 stars funky and recommended, 30 May 2009
This review is from: Wild Young Hearts (Audio CD)
this is a funky,upbeat album which i bought for the smash hit single 'don't upset the ryhthm'alone.this is probably the most commercial track on the album.however,it is an excellent album with some very catchy tracks that you'll play again and again.my least favourite track is the first one,'sometimes'[which has some very strange vocals for the first few seconds!].the title track and 'every now and then'are excellent and '24 hours'is haunting.there is a mixture of jazz,funk,dance,R&B and roots to suit everyones taste on this album.you'll especially love this album if you like Amy Whinehouse and the lead singer has a beautiful pure voice similar to Syke-from the band Morcheeba.It's just a shame the album wasn't a bit longer as it's just over 40 and a half minutes long,but this is one of the best albums of 2009 in my opinion which is why i've given it 5 stars.

5.0 out of 5 stars Crisp, beautiful, and full of passion, 10 Sep 2009
Mr. J. Swainsbury "Arakin" (London, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Wild Young Hearts (Audio CD)
The Noisettes are fantastic, their music is full of energy. Such a gentle, yet powerful voice, and incredible live!!! I saw this band last summer at the 'Subway Festival' in Clapham Common at the 'Action Against Hunger' mini festival. I searched high and low for this album, but I was a year too early!

Noisettes, if you like Norah Jones, many of the gentle tones and melodies are in this, but there's a punch to it like Lady Gaga, especially in 'Don't upset the rhythm (Go baby go)'. The band with her are a blast on stage too, this isnt just acoustic, its a great infusion of subtle and high energy music too. This lady has her own sound though, and its beautiful and enchanting, and I would highly recommend seeing them live as if a year out there performing since I saw them, they must be burning up the stage by now... a must buy!

:o)

5.0 out of 5 stars The Noisettes-Wild Young Hearts...One Of The Biggest Albums Of 2009!, 2 July 2009
S. J. Pinder "scifihorror fan" (Cornwall,UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Wild Young Hearts (Audio CD)
every element of creating the perfect musical melody and catchy song is encompassed in the fabulous recording by The Noisettes, by doing this Wild Young Hearts is most definately one of the biggest and best albums of 2009!!
2009 is definately a year with new independant artists at the helm (La Roux, Florence + The Machine and Lady Gaga to name a few big names)and this album reflects the threesome at the height of fresh talent with this exciting and retro album.
Shingai Shoniwa provides the strong as ever vocals on the album and is supprted by exceptional bass and rhythm by band members; Dan Smith and Jamie Morrison, the formulae is perfect.
this tour de force in retro soul and indie rock make for a joyous record and feelgood moments galore s well as captivating lyrics and (again) Shingai's amazing voice!
a must have album!

4.0 out of 5 stars Captivating.., 26 Sep 2009
This review is from: Wild Young Hearts (Audio CD)
I haven't managed to take this cd out of the car yet, it's very captivating, some really good tunes, guitar rifts, etc going on, what a voice. Brilliant!!

Wild Young Hearts
Wild Young Hearts by Noisettes (Audio CD - 2009)