on 10 September 2009
I bought this page changer with laser beam a few weeks ago and have been very happy with it. I use it mostly for teaching and conference presentations. It is easy to use, requires no installation CD (drivers install automatically in less than 60seconds when used for the first time on a new laptop) and the remote page changer works fine without aiming at the USB stick so you can freely wander around in the room while presenting. Only two very minor criticisms. First, the up button does not make your presentation progress forward, but backwards, which is a bit counter-intuitive. So to go to the next slide you have to press the down button. Second, these directional buttons make a small "click" sound when you press on them, which is not very discreet when teaching in a small silent class. Overall, however, it is a great buy and I would not choose any other products over this one in this price bracket.
on 9 August 2011
I had a presentation to do for my university course, and didn't want to be stuck behind the computer to change slides all the time. I ordered this, and couldn't be happier with it. It made my presentation easier, and I could walk around the room while talking to the group, which I prefer. Very easy to use. It does look a bit plasticy, but for the price I think it looks fine.
on 5 August 2009
I bought this gagdet to help with the loads of presentations I have to do for my business and am very impressed with it. Firstly, its dead easy to use, put plug in and start using - no software drives to be installed etc. Second, the connection is via radio is the pointer doesnt need to be in line of sight to work, this allows you to walk freely and still controll your presentation. Third, the page up and down works efficiently and the laser pointer can reached over 20m so you still point to area from far away. Overall, definitely recommended and i'm getting another for my father!
on 19 January 2011
No drivers to install, works on all my PCs straight away.
Other reviews mentioned noise of up/down buttons, yes they are loud but I find it is excellent feed back that the button has been pressed.
Laser works for the distance I need. To be used for highlighting areas on a tenpin bowling lane which is 60 feet from foul line to head pin.
on 24 January 2012
I am very satisfied with the product. It was a good purchase. So far there has no flaws and it was worth the value for the money.
I note only that the material could be tougher.
on 25 April 2010
August LP104R Red Laser Presentation Pointer with RF Remote Page Changer
I needed a remote page changer that gave me freedom to move and not have to point the unit at my netbook. This little unit fitted my needs. The rather loud click was a bit of a surprise but I soon got used to that. No problems or hitches just fit it and use it. George B.
on 13 May 2013
Chose this for a number of us who regularly deliver training in an L and D team at work

Because we are out and about so often wireless presenters can easily get lost or mislaid.So we wanted something cheap and cheerful that did exactly what we needed -a forward and backward button and a laser pointer
We have all been pleased-though it look as and feels a little plasticky .for the price it does what is required ,and the case it comes in is a real bonus

however the BIG down size is there is no off/on button and each one of us have had an issue in that the batteries have run down very quickly.The only way around this is to take the batteries out between uses ...not ideal.Shame cos its great apart from that
on 12 October 2012
the pointer works very well, but there a couple of design problems with the device that I have found. This is not a problem with the seller as the service was exceptional.

the design problems with the device are:
when connecting the usb device into the front of the computer, it is so large so that i can not get a memory stick in beside it and i have to use a small connecting cable - purchased separately.
the second design problem is that the remote does not have an ON and OFF switch so it is ON all the time and quickly runs down batteries if they are not removed.
on 13 January 2014
This is a rubbish item and the company is useless. It stopped working after I used it once I tried to send it back but they have this ridiculous pick up service that either doesn't arrive or arrives when you're out. Rubbish product and company, don't buy anything from them! Worst thing I have ever bought!
on 8 October 2013
It stopped working after 1 week. Very disappointing. I tried putting new batteries in it and it still didn't work.