5.0 out of 5 stars Value for money
Although I've not actually used the device "in anger" yet, my initial trials with a Powerpoint presentation, using it straight out of the box, tells me it's going to be a good piece of kit. For less than 9 quid you get exactly what you've signed up for; yes, it is a tad flimsy, but you're not going to chuck it round the room are you?
Yes, as one reviewer points out,...
Published 18 months ago by Jaydee

2.0 out of 5 stars Chabby
Just the feel of it - it is tacky and feels with a bit of shake inside it! Something loose? But it almost works, if the angle is not 90 degrees on screen, the red dot from the light gets so blurry it is almost invisible! Will not recommend!
Published 14 months ago by Courious George

5.0 out of 5 stars Value for money, 12 April 2013
This review is from: August LP103R - Wireless Presenter with Red Laser Pointer - Cordless Powerpoint Slide Changer for Presentations - Remote Control Range: 15m - Battery Powered (1xAAA Inc.) (Electronics)
Yes, as one reviewer points out, the battery cover is a little bit tricky to master, but reference to the diagram in the instruction leaflet explains all.
If hearing the buttons being clicked is a concern to you, as a reviewer of the next model up mentioned, then it may also annoy you on this model, but I found that I could wrap my hand around it and barely hear the clicks.
So, for the money, and certainly for the small amount of presentations that I expect to use it for, I doubt I could do better.
One final thing, it comes with a smart little carrying case, thats got to be worth a couple of quid. Also, a battery is included.

I'd give it a try if I were you - well, I did.

(Edit: Almost one year on and I've used it several times now. Don't know if it's still available to buy, but if it is, and you need one then give it a go. I found it every bit as useful as I expected).

5.0 out of 5 stars Good value, 12 Jan 2011
I use PowerPoint regularly and am a walker when I teach. This is a great product for me, because I'm not tied to the lecturn. I keep my memory stick in ther carry case and everything fits in my pocket.
Excellent.

4.0 out of 5 stars August Pointer, 16 Mar 2011
I looked at replacing a laser pointer for work but discovered a similar model cost a lot of money. So I purchased this one and it has worked well so far. Did forget to switch it off and the battery was flat the next time I came to use it but that was my fault. It is big enough not to lose it but still fits into the pocket. The laser output is well defined and easy to see for my purpose.

4.0 out of 5 stars Ideal for powerpoint presentations, 29 Nov 2011
The product arrived the day after I ordered it (even though I ordered it after 9pm!) and had everything needed inside the box: the laser pointer, the usb, the batteries and even a little black bag to carry it around comfortably and not risk loosing it. The pointer requires no installation, you just stick the usb into the computer and it sorts itself out for you. The actual laser itself is very good - I was worried it would give a weak light, but it was pretty good. The best thing about this product I think is the fact that you don't have to point the device towards the laptop when you want to change the slide/page, you can literally be pointing it in any direction and it will change it. This is particularly helpful if you tend to walk around a lot during presentations as I do. I can't really think of anything negative to say about it! On the whole, good value for your money.

2.0 out of 5 stars Chabby, 2 Sep 2013

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Value, 9 Jun 2011
D. Slattery (Crawley, West Sussex) - See all my reviews
Product works out of the box... Doesn't install software only drivers didn't need admin permissions on our business machines. (and we have some security!!!) enables me to do presentation whilst wandering around the room. Easy as pie!!! Great product considering the price.

4.0 out of 5 stars Actually love this! As a professional who needs to use ..., 26 July 2014
Actually love this! As a professional who needs to use it regularly I rely on this product. My only problem with it is the slightly inconsistency in the quality; I have purchased a few (for colleagues and myself) and I have found that sometimes the catch which you need to flick to put batteries in, is sometimes quite flimsy and unreliable. I adore the range of the laser, the fact that I do not need to point the device at my laptop if I am at the back of a room and the simplicity of the software (heaven for a technophobe). If the quality of the shelling is fixed, this product would be perfect!

5.0 out of 5 stars This is brilliant, but do make sure your practice going backwards ..., 13 Sep 2014
This is brilliant, but do make sure your practice going backwards and forwards otherwise you look a bit silly. Also, don't use the laser pointer if you're nervous. Your little tremor will appear huge as the tiny red dot travels not only what it is you're pointing at, but can sometimes actually leave the screen. Best for happy public speakers.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good value for money, 5 July 2014
Great for presentations! Quick delivery.

5.0 out of 5 stars Sturdy and reliable product., 23 Jun 2014
Bought for work and used several times daily, has never let me down. Several colleagues have used them too. Comes with a nice case to keep it safe if you are on the move.