Shop now Shop now  Up to 50% Off Fashion  Shop all Amazon Fashion Cloud Drive Photos Shop now Shop now Learn More Shop now Shop now Shop Fire Shop Kindle Shop now Shop now Shop now

on 5 December 2011
For all of you that are having trouble with removing the sticky adhesive after peeling the deflectors off.
I regularly drive over to France and use these excellent deflectors all the time.
I used good old lighter fuel (the petrol sort for zippo lighters) at about 99p a tin in most of the 'pound shops' just put some on a kitchen cloth and the 'glue' will easily wipe off!
22 comments|46 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
TOP 500 REVIEWERon 16 May 2015
I bought these Eurolites from an alternative seller on Amazon, but in any case they are so much cheaper than at Halfords or on the ferry. Indeed, I get a stock in and when most have been used, order some more. I prefer Eurolite adapters to others (From Halfords, Amazon or at ferry ports etc) as the instructions are clear (at least for my car), they are easy to apply, they stay on for the duration of my trip and are easy to remove without leaving a sticky mess.

On removal, just ensure you slowly peel back both the top layer and the sticky film beneath. I leave my headlights on for a couple of minutes and then try and grip both layers with my finger nail. All then comes off in one go and wipe with a damp cloth is all that's needed. If there is any residue left on the headlamp, don't use acetone or other solvents as they can damage acrylic covers. I've found WD40 or neat screen wash on a cloth work fine.

A tip. At first fitting, I lined up the adapters on my headlamps as per the instructions. I then put a tiny indelible pen mark on the headlamp glass (actually acrylic ) at the centre point of where each adapter needs to go. This mark is effectively invisible when viewed more than 1m away, but when fitting adapters on subsequent trips abroad, I can accurately fit new adapters in about 10 seconds!

A final tip. Identical Eurolite adapters are available from other Amazon sellers for just £2.99 with quick and free delivery. It pays to shop around. Try searching "beam deflectors euro driving". Why pay Amazon £1 more than is necessary?
on 24 August 2013
I have bought these for a fair number of years and find them excellent value, about half the price at certain motor factors.
The last set I bought, this year, appear to have a slightly different pattern on them. But they stick on in the same way. I have a 2012 Mondeo which has separate lamps for main beam and dipped lights behind a "glass" (plastic!) fairing. I have seen folks stick the adaptors over the wrong light. It`s easily done so it`s an idea to turn your dipped headlights on for a moment just to remind yourself which ones you need to stick them over!
I notice that some reviewers have had problems either fitting or removing these adaptors. Perhaps the following blurb of the way I manage it may be helpful to others, so here goes.
I don`t bother to turn my headlamps on for 20 minutes to warm the glass either before fitting or removing the adaptors. I just make sure it`s really clean, dry and grease free.
Also, I find it easier to sit on my bottom in front of the appropriate headlamp so as to position the adaptor more easily and accurately. I only need the circular bit, so I cut it out but don`t remove the backing yet, sit in front of the headlamp, hold the adaptor in the correct place and make small marks with a felt marker pen in the six o`clock and 12 o`clock positions on the adaptor, overlapping onto the lamp glass. Then I peel the backing off the adaptor, line up the marks and press gently into place.
When you wish to remove them, pick at the edge of the adaptors with your fingernail until you can lift the edge and peel it off. If you prefer to use an implement make sure it`s plastic, not metal, or you`re likely to damage the clear plastic fairing which covers many headlamps these days. (Including mine!)
A very thin adhesive film will almost certainly remain behind which you can often remove using the same procedure, but it too leaves a sticky residue after it`s removed. If that doesn`t work I`ve used undiluted screen wash, WD40 or Plus Gas among others, to remove the film and/or residue. It can take a few minutes using a soft cloth wetted with whatever fluid you`ve chosen. Do not be tempted to use cellulose thinners or any similarly volatile fluid... or a pan scrubber, even a nylon or "Scotch" pad type.........you`ll stand a good chance of damaging those plastic headlamp fairings or your paintwork.
on 6 December 2009
easy and universal to fit, secure and brilliant in use, easy to remove. Will use them every year when going to france.
on 14 August 2011
I've used many over the years. These ones are the best. Easy to apply, easy to peel off with no messy residue. They didn't unstick either, even though we set off from a damp/wet UK at night and drove to the south of France where it was stinking hot.
There are no markers on my Xenons so I had to guess where to put them - easily done with a little common sense and reference to the instructions.
on 14 August 2013
I bought these Headlamp Adaptors for our summer holiday as considered the product good value for money. However, I found it impossible to break apart the circle from the main shape along the perforations, with scissors having to be eventually used. Furthermore, once we tried to remove them, the adaptors were extremely hard to take off and left a sticky residue on the headlamps.
on 8 September 2013
Delivered promptly. Instructions a little cumbersome to follow but they did have the instructions for my car model, the model being less than a year old.

Followed the instructions to the letter a day before we left for France. On arrival in France that evening, found that the passenger side sticker had fallen off. It appears that the stiffness of the sticker means it does not stick easily when the headlamp cover is very curved. Fortunately, I had some spare bits left as I had only used the circular part of the adapters and had brought the tail fin parts with my as a precaution -so I used the tail fin parts to cobble together something that would almost do the job.

I note that these stickers are for single use (single journey in my case with one of them!), but they are not much more than reflectors. I will be using my old reusable reflectors I bought in Halfords over 14 years ago, in future.
on 16 March 2015
Used these a couple of times. Over 2 trips of around 2500 miles each one out of the 4 stickers fell off. Not too bad a strike rate. Judging by the other cars in the channel tunnel most people seem not to bother with these things at all and I'm sure the French police aren't that bothered either.
on 16 June 2015
The stickers were very easy to remove, that's for sure - run the lamps for a bit, peel off the top layer, then more slowly peel off the SECOND, sticky layer. I was never sure, however, whether I applied them correctly. The instructions identified my car, a 52-reg Seat Ibiza, OK (although because it was made literally in the month when the models changed from MkIII to MkIV, the instructions were a bit confusing on that part). However, my headlights just did not look like the guide diagram, so there was much head-scratching. I stuck them on a bit down and to the left anyway, which seemed right. Later, when crouching down, it did look like the brightest part of the beam was sort of obscured by the stickers on each headlight, so I guess they worked. I just cannot be sure. Either way, had no problems with police or other drivers. The value for money is good.
on 15 August 2012
I bought these for a trip to france as they are a legal requirement, all you do is look up your make and model in the supplied instructions and they show you where to place them on the headlight. peel off the backing and the self adhesive really sticks them well to your headlights.