5.0 out of 5 stars Fan-tastic!
I'll get me coat. . .

I bought this fan for my son's bedroom so he can sleep on these humid nights we've been having lately plus it might dissapate the stench of horrid teenager too :)

Upon delivery (well packaged) it does take a little putting together. It's dead easy! My lad who's 14 did it in two mins flat!

The back cage section goes...
Published on 26 July 2012 by KM

3.0 out of 5 stars Does its job
I bought this fan several weeks ago during the heat wave. It requires assembly which wasn't a problem.

Materials:
Published 4 months ago by Mr. A. Monson

5.0 out of 5 stars Fan-tastic!, 26 July 2012
KM (Liverpool) - See all my reviews
(No. 1 Hall OF FAME REVIEWER)    (TOP 10 REVIEWER)
This review is from: White 12" 2 Speed Oscillating Desk top Fan with adjustable tilt Cold Air For Office and Home (Kitchen & Home)
I'll get me coat. . .

The back cage section goes on, fan blades onto propeller shaft, locking nut screws fan blades down and front cage section goes on, simple!1

The fan is 12 inches across and has three speed settings. The head does indeed tilt and keeps its position. Upon operation you can have the fan head still or by simply pulling a crown up (like the winder on a watch) which is situated on the top, you can have it sweeping left to right (oscillating).

It was delivered today and the lad has had it running 'all' day as its been warm here. We tried the fan at the three speed settings and I can confirm they all worked brilliantly! Of course on 1 there's a gentle breeze and the fan is silent. On 2 a tad blowy with a little noise. Setting 3 was very good cooling a large area of our big living room down nicely and there was some noise as you would expect. During operation I felt the stability of the fan was sound. There is a small hole in the underneath of the base and a small woodscrew supplied just incase you'd want to screw it down.

In my opinion the fan I received today was absolutely spot on, performed brilliantly, good build quality for the price and I'm glad I've got it!

Update 16/7/13 - Still going strong! The lad has this on all night in his bedroom with no problems at all. Great fan.

Update 17/5/14 - Still in perfect working order. My lad has just started having this on all night in his bedroom again as its been quite warm lately.

5.0 out of 5 stars VERY GOOD, 9 Aug 2010
Hi

Bought this fan for my sons bedroom the best thing about this is its safe, which i was worried about, as its guards are safe enough for my 4 year old son, and in total the performance good not excellent.worth for the price.

4.0 out of 5 stars COOL :), 25 Aug 2013
Hi,was desperately searching for one of these during the heatwave and it was a godsend when it arrived :) but it has a teeny weeny annoying clicking noise when it's on speed number 2,apart from that its fine.

5.0 out of 5 stars so this thing would be good for even large rooms, 23 July 2014
Only had this fan for 20 minutes but it's exactly what I wanted.

side note: I bought from memorycapital, and had issues with the packaging, for which I left separate seller feedback, so wont rant too much about it here. But it is worth mentioning them, since they they sent me a 3 speed fan (though, the same one pictured) despite the title stating a 2 speed. I don't know if all fans are 3 speed and the Amazon title is just wrong, or only certain sellers are sending this 3 speed fan.

The Review:

Even on the lowest setting this thing is strong. I've had desk fans in the past, but even on their highest setting they aren't as powerful as this fan's lowest. On a scorching day I can't see going higher than the 2nd speed setting, so this thing would be good for even large rooms.

It's smart, fairly well built and designed, it does a great job, and while some of the £45-£75 fans on Amazon look impressive, I'm not in a consistently hot enough country to justify such a payment. So for £16 I'm chuffed with what I have.

Assembly:

As other reviews state the instructions provided are awful. But honestly I assembled the fan without even needing to look at them, there's nothing complicated about assembling it, screw the back cage in, then the blade, then the front cage. There's a small bolt to hold it together. The base slots into a bigger part of the base, and there's 2 larger screws to hold that together. That's it. There's some rubber feet to slot into the bottom to prevent surface scratching, and a disc with some screws and washers to fit onto the front of the fan's cage if you want, but honestly it doesn't add much so I left it off.

3.0 out of 5 stars Does its job, 14 Aug 2014
Mr. A. Monson - See all my reviews

Materials:
This is a very cheap fan, material-wise. I've had other oscillating fans and this has the worst materials by far. The plastic in the base is very flimsy and thin. The 4 little plastic feet had extra bits from manufacturing on them which I had to cut off. The metal blade housing is really weak and thin. You can permanently bend it out of shape with very little force. A baby could probably kick it and it would need fixing.

Functions:
3 speed settings work well and provide a good breeze. The oscillator works well but there is a creak when it gets to the far right. The neck can aim up and down as expected. The packaging stated that the fan is silent and the motor did seem fairly quiet at first but now there is a slight ticking which can be annoying if you notice it. The noise of the fan blades pushing the air is medium-loud but I guess you can't get around that. I like the noise for sleep anyway so it's no problem for me.

Verdict:
The fan does its job: it keeps me cool. I do worry about the materials though. I suspect the motor is of the same quality as the rest of it so I don't expect it to last too long. I wish I had spent a bit more on a higher-quality fan but it's not so bad that I wish to return it.

1.0 out of 5 stars Unsatyisfactory Item - (Fan), 22 July 2013
The item seems of a low quality and standard. If it can be cracked even before it is delivered, it can't be of good quality material. Also it seems to have been packed in a slap dash way, omitting several screws and also there is grease on the moving part of the appliance. I don't know if this is the usual procedure or not. I would prefer not to purchase this item and would like a refund please.

1.0 out of 5 stars Terrible product, will not recommend it., 23 Aug 2012
I spent nearly an hour assembling the fan. When I switched it on, it worked fine but with a rather loud noise. Within 5 minutes however, it stopped abruptly. I checked the fan and it had overheated-within 5 minutes. Very disappointed and dissatisfied customer. Do not buy this fan.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good Value for Money, 1 Sep 2010
When I ordered this fan I was not expecting anything too grand as it has such a low price. I was pleasantly surprised with the fan I received. It has now given many hours of quiet reliable service. My only gripe is that the flex is very short so I am having to use it with an extension lead (but that is a problem with most products these days).

1.0 out of 5 stars Waste of money, 24 July 2014
Broke after about three minutes of usage.

Not the fuse.

Took it apart and multiple checks with a Multimeter showed there was no current across the Electromagnet up top or switch select in the base, despite the plug being okay.

I had an old fan I bought this one to replace with when it died, which it did earlier. I bought this new one a while ago so it's probably outside the Amazon return period, meaning I now have to make a 4am trip to ASDA to buy a new fan or face burning to death in this heatwave.

Spend the extra few quid and get a name brand.

4.0 out of 5 stars whilst it blasts out cool air. The first speed in itself is enough ..., 22 July 2014
Desk Top Fan, arrived promptly today which I assembled with the help of the instructions, within about 15 minutes. Yes make sure you follow those and screw on the fan part sufficiently well so it's secure, but the putting together is simple enough. I set the fan up and tried it out. This fan has 3 speeds and you also get the option for the fan head to move from side to side too, whilst it blasts out cool air. The first speed in itself is enough for me I think, and it is surprisingly quiet too. I would be able to sleep with it on the first setting (gentle humming sound). The other two speeds are powerful and a little more noisey. The fan itself I would say is pretty sturdy once you attach the base and secure with two screws (provided) on the underside.

All in all it seems a good buy at a very reasonable price. My fan was packed well enough too, and came in a sealed box with all parts in plastic bags for extra protection. The proof of course will be in how long it'll keep working, but so far I can recommend it based on ease of assembly and on it's working performance when it's switched on. Does the job.