Platform: Nintendo WiiChange
Price:£22.95+ £2.03 shipping

on 9 July 2009
It may take some used to using the controls or using the Wii Balance board for these games, but if your a winter sport lover it's certainly a lot of fun!

Skating is really hard because then you have to use the Nunchuk and have good eye-hand coordination (and I don't).

It seems as if you've jumped inside the TV and have become a part of a Winter Sport Program.

I like these games and am definitely not sorry that I purchased them!
on 20 May 2009
as i said in the title there are some positive and negative points to this game

positive -

the ski jumping is brilliant with easy enough controls and great graphics, it is quite easy to be competitive at all levels of difficulty

the bob and the skeleton are very realistic and again easy controls to use

the figure skating is quite difficult but very acheivable if you have quick reactions

speed skating is easy to be competitive

negatives -

the skiing is a nightmare - very difficult to produce a competitive time whilst not missing any gates + the slalom is near impossible

the biathlon has easy controls but is hard to post a competitve time

the speed skating should be an all out shake the controls as fast as you can as after all it should be SPEED

the curling is confusing

the commentators are either amusing or annoying depending on whether you enjoy their sarcasm

overall though it is easy to spend hours on certain events such as the ski jump and the bob so it is spending £16 just for that
on 11 July 2010
we have just purchased the winter sports 2009. we were in two minds whether to buy the mario winter olympiocs or this one, but after some consideration we decided we would rather play as a human being and not a furry fuzz ball. all of the games are great particularly biathlon and the sledding events. the controls take a little mastering but that can be said for most wii games but practice and conquer you will do it. we have even mastered the skating. if you actually like winter sports you really will enjoy this game as you can play single player, you can play various challenge, cup modes and career modes. the 1st thing we did was turn off the commentary as thir voices can be a little irritating as you are ski-ing etc

with regard to wii fit board usage we did start at first using it but quickly gave up and only used the remote and nunchuck. As we have now mastered the control we will try again and use the fit board - never know now we know what we are doing it might be a little easier.

Finally - we would highly recommend this it has been great fun and worth every penny and as usual great service from Amazon

PS we are going to buy the summer athletics 2009 next - should be fun !!!! the Wii certainly beats the rubbish on TV and you ahve fun whilst having a little excercise at the same time.

hope this review is helpful
on 2 March 2009
It is probably better than its predecessor, but still not something I would stay up late to play. I liked the winter sports activities in Wii Fit and was looking for something more respresentative of winter sports in general. Overall I cannot say that I was too impressed.

Best implementations: Bobsleigh, luge and skeleton are probably the most fun. Even though curling is not a sport that excites me, I think the implementation is good and I found it worthwhile.

Worst implementations: Figure skating. Figure skating is nothing more than a series of prompts on screen, requiring one to swith the Wii-mote and Nunchuk in specific directions (like a bit more expensive version of Wiiware Helix).

Wii Balance Board is not a good match. Wii Fit did a much better job with its winter sports activities. THe only exception here are the bobsleigh, luge and skeleton. At least with skeleton one can make it a more realistic by placing your backside on the WBB and support your head with a pillow or two ...

More irrating is the commentary. I could just have well been listing to EuroVision commentary - It's that bad! Luckily it can be turned off. The music is good though.
11 commentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 17 May 2009
The graphics are good, but it's all very hard work.
The games are not intuitive and the documentation doesn't help much.
I suspect it won't get much use in this household, as I think you'd have to spend a lot of time in trial and error to get anywhere with these games. The commentators, that I suspect are supposed to be amusing, are just annoying.
on 17 March 2010
Very good indead, lots to do on it. Quite hard to master with balance board, but all in all a very good addictive game.

Probably the nearest you can get to skiing without getting on the real stuff.Stance and pressure distribution on the balance board required to turn very similar to real skiing.

No regrets purchasing this product.

Just wish you could turn off annoying commentary on the downhill races.
on 1 March 2009
I've played a lot of Wii games and this is by far and away the poorest. Difficult to set up with the balance board, very unforgiving, very sarcastic commentators (thankfully this can be turned off) and some of the games are so unresponsive you can get a fair score by doing nothing at all.

Don't waste your money on this one! :(
on 27 February 2009
This game is great fun with family and freinds. The Wii board works really well with it, swaying side to side down the slopes, crouching down low to get the speed up on the ski jump.

Loads of diffrent events but mind you dont rip your trousers on the ski slope!!
on 12 February 2010
This is a great family game! I bought it for my stepmother's xmas present and I think everyone ended up having a go on it over Christmas and Boxing Day, including my frail old Grandma. Some parts are a little bewildering, like the Figure Skating game and the very strange commentators that crop up in other sections, but generally the game is simple fun with the potential for repeat-playing.
on 9 April 2015
This item came as game only. I bought it from amazon so expected there to be an advisary stating that it was game only. However, that said it is still good for the money I spent. Game is not new but has hardly any sign of ware. There were no inlays which I expected amazon to declare. I am quite surprised as amazon are usually very good at making things like that known