‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars kids dvd, 2 Oct 2011
This review is from: Charlie and Lola: I Can't Stop Hiccupping and Other Stories [DVD] (DVD)
I ordered this dvd and 3 others from amazon and within 4 days I had received all 4 items.Very fast efficient service and product exactly as advertised.

5.0 out of 5 stars More great children's entertainment, 17 Aug 2009
Going from series 1 to 2 I was furious at the unannounced change in the lead voices. Here the voices of Charlie and Lola have changed yet again, but this time the newcomers are no better or worse than their predecessors. The standard of episodes remains high. "Our shop sells everything" is amongst our daughter's favourites, and all children who like to play shop will be likely to enjoy it too. "I am inventing a usefullish invention" is also a lot of fun. But it is difficult to pick out highlights as just about every episode has its charming, funny, and inventive moments. Few series, in my opinion, score so highly as "Charlie and Lola" on creating children's TV that communicates emotional values instead of providing a mere diversion. Keep up the good work, BBC!

5.0 out of 5 stars We like the books so decided to get a DVD too, 19 Feb 2013
This was our first Charlie and Lola dvd and have since bought more. The title story is great with Lola's friends all giving her suggestions on how to stop hiccupping - such as pat your head and rub your tummy, all 'old wives tales' which Lola tries out but keeps getting hiccups! My daughter has taken all these on board and tried them out herself when she got hiccups - very cute and goes to show how much of an impact these programmes have had. All of the stories show different aspects of children's lives - hopes, fears and work through them looking at many different views. In one Lola is frightened of thunder so Charlie tells her about how thunder is 'made' and other types of weather as well as Lola saying what she thinks thunder is - very good and some facts too. All of the stories are good, some are firm favourites and some have become the favourite of the moment!

5.0 out of 5 stars Worth every penny, 7 Aug 2011
Have a four and a 2 and a half year old and they both love this. Would definitely consider buying more C&L dvd's!

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent DVD, my daughter loved it., 31 Mar 2014
Mrs. Ve Rolph "VEB" (UK) - See all my reviews
Great DVD, very entertaining and funny, yet interactive for my young daughter, have now brought the entire collection as we were so impressed!

5.0 out of 5 stars My Daughter thinks she is Lola..., 18 Mar 2014
My daughter thinks she is Lola and just watches this dvd over and over. I love it myself and I think they are a lovely set of kids.. Entertaining and educational.

5.0 out of 5 stars My daughter loves this, 10 Oct 2013
Miss Ellena White (Cirencester, Gloucestershire United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
Great DVD, my youngest loves this DVD we have it with wherever we travel. The characters are funny and engaging

5.0 out of 5 stars Charlie and Lola DVD, 3 July 2013
Great DVD bought for my daughter when she was 3. She loves it and plays it loads. Very good value for money. Would recommend to any little girl (or boy).

5.0 out of 5 stars Charlie & lola DVD for my daughter, 27 Feb 2013
My daughter enjoys this on the TV & now can watch at her leasure.
She loves it so 5* from me

5.0 out of 5 stars Charlie & Lola DVD, 11 Oct 2012
Great DVD, my kids love Charlie & Lola & sat quiet the whole way through.
Will be purchasing more C&L DVD's