4.0 out of 5 stars Grandma's Globe

Published 20 months ago by Kumar

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

4.0 out of 5 stars Grandma's Globe, 19 Jan 2010
Ms. S. E. Lamb (Dorset, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Illuminated Marco Polo Globe Antique 300mm - Color: Marco Polo (Office Product)
I Purchased this globe for Grandma this xmas and it has been present of the year so far. She is 91 and so with-it, and wanted to know better where I had travelled and what countries were in the news. She is incredible and has been learning more about the big wide world ever since. She loves it and especially as it doubles up with a lovely glow of light in the corner of her lounge. Great buy! Thanks

4.0 out of 5 stars Got there in the end!, 1 July 2010
I bought this globe for my daughter, having bought an identical one for myself a couple of years ago. The globe in the photograph was exactly the same as my own, but when my order arrived there were some differences to the one portrayed in the picture. The colours were slightly different, but most disapointingly the United States were shown as a single colour, whereas on my original globe each state was a different colour, making it far easier to see boundaries. A google search for Nova Rico globes showed me that there were 2 very similar versions and Rymans had shown the photo of one but had been selling the other. I had bought the globe for my daughter's birthday, so I didn't have time to send it back. Instead I went to our local Rymans store in Derby City Centre and found that they actually had both versions of the globe on sale. When I pointed out the difference in the 2 globes to the shop manager and explained that I had been sent a version that differed to the internet photograph, he agreed to swap my daughter's globe for the correct one. So, in the end everything worked out ok and the version of the globe that I ended up with is superb.

1.0 out of 5 stars Wrong maps and a pathetic after service, 22 Mar 2013
I brought this from Ryman stores for my 6 yr old and he noticed a completely wrong map of a country. I wrote to the manufacturer and to their credit they accepted the error and promised to send me another globe. I gave the original product but what I got from novarico was just the globe split into 2 and nothing else(no arc, lights, wire and the other accessories that come with the product).. When asked they behaved as if they were doing a favour by giving the globe and I would need to pay for the rest of the accessories..

Would not recommend this product to any one. Especially because of the incorrect map though they have promised to correct it .

5.0 out of 5 stars Great illuminated globe, 31 Dec 2012
This globe is great, I purchased it as a gift for a family member. The styling is visually appealing, and much less harsh / kiddie than a classic blue / green globe.

The map information is up to date, and the globe has a decent build quality. All in all, a great buy.

5.0 out of 5 stars Really pleased!, 8 Jan 2013
My son got this for Christmas and it is one of his favourite presents. It makes all the difference having the light so that you can see the countries more clearly. Surprisingly it has been at the centre of quite a few games over the last couple of weeks - his brother got a mobile phone for Christmas and they both love playing the capital cities game - they've managed to combine the game with using the globe to help them find the answers! Highly recommended.

4.0 out of 5 stars Lights up a dark corner, 1 Aug 2012
M. Dale - See all my reviews
Delivered in good packaging 2 days after ordering. Bought to light up a dark corner by the bookshelf and the amount of light is perfect for this without being too bright. The power lead is just over 1 metre, which isn't long enough for it to sit on top of the bookshelf and it's too big to sit on one of the shelves. It's very light in weight and doesn't get hot after leaving the light on for an hour or two, so the table beside the bookshelf could be the place for it without having to worry about the 3yr old damaging or getting damaged by it.
The globe itself looks great, however there is a bit of a lip around the equator where the two hemispheres meet. The curved bit of plastic that holds the globe at each pole looks a bit cheap though and spoils the ye olde effect a bit.

4.0 out of 5 stars lamp, 18 Dec 2011
Bought for a Christmas present, so have not seen it lit yet but looking at the general appearance its quite good, let down a bit by the plastic base.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great product, 1 April 2011
Bought this for my Dad's 60th Birthday - great product - very quick delivery and he was delighted with the Globe.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great buy, 17 Jan 2011
This was a christmas present and went down very well. It arrived on time and in perfect condition. It was easy to assemble and came with directions for changing the light bulb inside. A great, educational product.

3.0 out of 5 stars NICE GLOBE BUT...., 14 Mar 2014
ARRIVED WITH CRACKED PLASTIC BASE.
I SUPER GLUED IT AS COULD NT BE BOTHERED TO RETURN THE LARGE BOX TO POST AGAIN.
IT IS A NICE GLOBE WITH OR WITHOUT THE LIGHT.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›