on 28 May 2009
I was a bit dubious about getting a garment steamer after reading other reviews, but in the end I did and it really works! The creases just drop out. My first attempt was on a crushed demin dress. The pockets were crumpled and yet the steamer sorted that out with just two passes. It looked fine when I'd finished and it was very easy to use. I did take some time to do it, but it was my first attempt after all. I can see once I have the knack I will fly though it. It's heat up time is only 30 seconds which is fantastic.

It does have some negatives sadly. The first is that the little tank of water ran out rapidly. I had it on medium steam and only managed two garments before having to refill. If I was quicker I might get 3 or 4 done. So don't buy this if you want to do whole loads of ironing at a time. Pick something with a big water tank instead.
Because of the speed the water runs out I would suggest this is supposed to be a travel steamer (It comes with a carry/storage bag too) yet I would suggest it is quite big and heavy for a travel steamer.
If like me you just want to decrease the clothes your about to wear then it is a good buy.

I really like this, but if I'm honest I wish I had spent the extra and bought the Tobi, even though it comes with a stand I don't want!
0Comment|103 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 28 June 2010
I thought this item was fantastic! I originally purchased it from John Lewis however that one was faulty, but it gave me a chance to have a look at it and see if i could find it cheaper online. I read all the reviews b4 i decided and I must admitt I was a little unsure, However Its great for what I want it for.. I purchased this item purely for my dresses both day and eve wear as they can be sometimes hard to press, it worked a treat as long as you pull the fabric to ensure the crease drop out. ( easier if there's two of you!) I would have to agree the water tank is small therefore I wouldnt recommend if your planning on doing a lot, however for the price and size its fab!
on 26 June 2009
first of all, the product description says this is a 1500w steamer but it says 800w on the box. unless you can pull a garment really tightly, it doesn't smooth the wrinkles and pulling tightly is not easy for a garment on a hanger, practically impossible. also, the water ran out after doing one item. i will be sending this back and trying a bigger model.
on 23 August 2011
We have now discovered Cruising and as you know you are not allowed to take an iron on board with you but you can take a steamer, my old steamer packed up last year so I purchased a new Rowenta which was brilliant had all the creases out of our cloths within seconds, would recommend it to everyone.
on 24 June 2012
I am not a person that irons 20 items at once, so this steamer works for me, because it quickly removes wrinkles from an item that I am about to wear. I hate ironing, and using the steamer is incredibly simple and for me so much quicker than ironing. Other reviewers are correct that the water does run out--for example I steamed a full length silk gown and due to the large amount of fabric I had to refill the water to finish the gown. However, I didn't mind, it only added 60 more seconds to the job. Another reason I love this is because it is so much gentler on my delicate fabrics than ironing. Finally, I didn't want anything bigger to store and I was looking to save money, so I am willing to tolerate the small job capacity because I am so happy with how well, quickly, and easily this works. My friend saw me steaming a dress before we went out and immediately went to buy this, it was that effective, quick, and easy.
on 18 October 2010
This garment steamer was a great disappointment...so much so that Ireturned it immediately and got a very prompt refund! The tank is tiny and steaming anything larger than a tea towel would take for ever.
on 7 November 2010
This does well,takes out the creases and is compact enough to hide away in the drawer.A very good buy.
on 4 July 2011
Tried this out on some new shirts I had just unwrapped, wanted to get the folds out before my husband wore them. It took a lot of effort, holding the part being steamed taut as suggested was difficult. I soon got fed up with having to refill after each item and on balance I feel that no time was saved and that using my iron would have been better. However will keep it for use when only one or two garments need freshening up, no use for doing more than this.
on 17 January 2012
I bought this for a Christmas present and have now sent it back. I read the reviews before I bought it and can honestly say that they must have bought a different product as this certianly doesn't work as it should! You will have to continuously fill up the water holder even if trying to steam one shirt and even then it doesn't do a good job. A complete waste of time. I wouldn't recommend you buy this at all.
on 21 April 2010
I got this product for a very delicate formal dress that was half satin and very light material.

It worked very well on the formal dress but was a pain having to keep refilling the water tank.

So overall it did its job well but just took abit of time and effort with larger pieces.

A good bet if like me you are too nervous to rely on a dry cleaners to keep your garments in perfect condition and want to do it yourself!