on 1 January 2010
Bought this item for my 8 year old and it went down a treat - don't know about earlier types of the nano, but on this one you can video, and also play games along with the main use of listening to music so is a great all-rounder. Shopped around a bit and found Amazon to be the cheapest place to buy - brilliant!!
VINE VOICEon 13 September 2009
Okay, so i thought there wasnt much more that apple could do to improve the nano; how i was wrong. The new nano has some major changes incorporated into the new model : fm transmitter, pedometer and camera as well as the voiceover technology that has recently appeared on the new shuffles.

The new incorporated camera is great for shooting video. It does so recording onto VGA and the itunes will automatically keep 200mb of space free to shoot some video. The camera is placed on the bottom left opposite side to the front of the unit, and is a smallish lens. There are also 16 modes which can be used to create some effects instead of normal old video. However, the camera will not let you take still images!

The new fm radio transmitter is great for radio on the go, and with an added feature of allowing you to pause live radio! However, this will eat into storage capacity on the ipod, which can be annoying if you have little left to spare.

The new pedometer system on the ipod works with nike+ which will help collaborate the data which can be later viewed on your pc (or mac)to monitor your exercise. It allows you to set goals to help you try and achieve them.

All the ipod nano range has received a paint job, with brighter paint being used, which makes them look a lot better than the 4th generation.
11 comment|74 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 30 March 2010
This device is a huge disappointment compared to the 2G it replaces for me. It is simply too quiet. Even with the easy hacks on it this is too quiet for even a moderately noisy train. In order to use this effectively you'll need £80+ noise cancelling or amplified headphones. The EU seem to have mandated a "quiet rooms only" limit on this.

So, if you do live and work in silence this might be of some use, as a commuter buy an unlimited on or a second hand 2G.

Shame
on 27 September 2009
The new ipod nano has many impovements, an 8GB flash drive which holds up to 2,000 songs or 8 hours video built-in video camera and large 2.2-inch colour display. It has an all-new FM radio with an innovative Live Pause feature, an amazing more vibrant colour selection, a nifty little voice memo system which allows you to say something into the built in microphone and it will store it as a memo.
So I would highly recommend this product to anyone who is wanting an even better ipod.
on 20 December 2009
I ordered this item as a birthday present for my eleven year old daughter and she was delighted with it. It has a very attractive design, (she chose the metallic blue model) and it is very slim - amazing how something so small can have so many applications! The camera is excellent, very good picture quality with a variety of special effects. Sound quality also excellent I would recommend this as a very good buy. I purchased a charger seperately but it does come with a cable that allows you to charge via a computer.
on 4 January 2011
This 5th generation Ipod is great. Why did Apple create the 6th generation? which is not as good. Tried a long time to find the 5th gen ipod - very glad I did
on 20 January 2010
This arrived in time for christmas and it is brilliant. The colour - I had blue - is vivid. The quality is very good, what you would expect from Apple. It's easy to use and navigate through the menus. One thing I'm not keen on is that the playlist part doesn't show my albums like my old Nano 3g does even though I loaded them as individual playlists. Never mind I can still find what I like!
When I first took it out of the box I found the nano was very slippery and a little difficult to hold so it now has it's own crystal case - much better. The camera gives good quality video, shame there are no still picture facilities.
Overall this a brilliant piece of kit and I highly recommend it to anyone looking for a quality MP3 player.
By the way I have found that it fits the docking stations I bought for my previous Nano 3G - Intempo and Tevion
on 5 September 2013
This has done me well for a while now, and although it occasionally freezes and resets, it's a nice little iPod if you just want to listen to music and shoot a couple of videos.
The video camera function is nice, although if you're looking for high-quality then it's not that great. However, for occasionally filming it's fine.
It can hold a good amount of music and the sound works fine for me. I used to play games on it more, but quickly grew bored and I basically just use this for music now.
Overall, a good little iPod that is fine for listening to music, though not an awful lot else.
on 20 February 2010
Iv had an ipod before i have a nano 3rd gen and this new one i have is better its the same size 8gb but the display is more clear i can listen to the ipod with out headphones you can turn the ipod and see the albums and pick tracks so easy to use and the camera great picture does not take up loads of space and easy to move from the ipod to the pc or msn as i do to sent to my friends :-) great little pod and would tell everyone to get one and im stoked bout the colour and when it said blue i mean i got a blue one, what is states it what you get.

thanks to the seller

:-)
on 15 April 2014
Even though it's from 2009 this iPod is amazing!

The minor scratches are un-noticable to me and the iPod is working perfectly. For the price it is very worth it!

The only problem I had was that the delivery company did not give me a notice before they delivered it, so I had to stay at home because I didn't want to end up in the infinite loop of re-dating the delivery and the place of delivery in case I missed them again.