5.0 out of 5 stars grandnano
My first ever apple ipod and what a revelation. Easy to navigate round the different applicatios with neat 'click wheel'and now have my entire cd collection downloaded via the very user friendly Itunes. Video is a bit superflous for me but radio will come in very useful. Dock with Klipsch igroove speakers and team up with a set of sennheiser earbuds for maximum listening.
Published on 23 Dec 2009 by Mr. A. R. Macdonald

3.0 out of 5 stars Important for some buyers.
This review is only really aimed at a select few. NOTE: this product
is INCOMPATIBLE with a number of docks/sounddocks which owners may
already own if the product is bought as a replacement. Cannot charge in
home using already owned docks. I have edited this on 9th Jan,
as I have also tested the Nano in two new Docks and found it still will not...
Published on 7 Jan 2010 by A. Stewart

5.0 out of 5 stars grandnano, 23 Dec 2009
Mr. A. R. Macdonald "buster boy" (Dundee : Scotland) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Apple iPod nano with Camera 8GB (5th Generation) - Black (discontinued by manufacturer) (Electronics)

5.0 out of 5 stars My First I Pod, 8 Oct 2009
C. Peters "jack19611976" (England) - See all my reviews
This as the title states is my first I Pod, I got it as my car has an I Pod connection, have to say it is a brilliant piece of kit. Very easy to use once you get it out of the box. Sound is very good and I also love the video and radio on it. I have loaded music on to it with ease. Mine is black and looks really smart. It is also very light yet seems very sturdy and well made. Like to thank Amazon for the speed in which it was dispatched I ordered it Sunday Afternoon and it was with me by Wednesday with the free post. I would certainly recommend this product.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic, 13 Sep 2009
Reviewer (UK) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)
Okay, so i thought there wasnt much more that apple could do to improve the nano; how i was wrong. The new nano has some major changes incorporated into the new model : fm tuner, pedometer and camera as well as the voiceover technology that has recently appeared on the new shuffles.

The new incorporated camera is great for shooting video. It does so recording onto VGA and the itunes will automatically keep 200mb of space free to shoot some video. The camera is placed on the bottom left opposite side to the front of the unit, and is a smallish lens. There are also 16 modes which can be used to create some effects instead of normal old video. However, the camera will not let you take still images!

The new fm radio transmitter is great for radio on the go, and with an added feature of allowing you to pause live radio! However, this will eat into storage capacity on the ipod, which can be annoying if you have little left to spare.

The new pedometer system on the ipod works with nike+ which will help collaborate the data which can be later viewed on your pc (or mac)to monitor your exercise. It allows you to set goals to help you try and achieve them.

All the ipod nano range has received a paint job, with brighter paint being used, which makes them look a lot better than the 4th generation.

3.0 out of 5 stars Important for some buyers., 7 Jan 2010
A. Stewart "J Stewart" (belfast) - See all my reviews
This review is only really aimed at a select few. NOTE: this product
is INCOMPATIBLE with a number of docks/sounddocks which owners may
already own if the product is bought as a replacement. Cannot charge in
home using already owned docks. I have edited this on 9th Jan,
as I have also tested the Nano in two new Docks and found it still will not charge.
My niece got a new 5th Generation nano just before Christmas and this also will not charge
on my old and and two newly bought Docks. This product obviously is not compatible with alot of
docking devices, and I would at present only recommend it as a portable MP3 player.

5.0 out of 5 stars Even better, 27 Sep 2009
R. M. Wareing - See all my reviews
The new ipod nano has many impovements, an 8GB flash drive which holds up to 2,000 songs or 8 hours video built-in video camera and large 2.2-inch colour display. It has an all-new FM radio with an innovative Live Pause feature, an amazing more vibrant colour selection, a nifty little voice memo system which allows you to say something into the built in microphone and it will store it as a memo.
So I would highly recommend this product to anyone who is wanting an even better ipod.

2.0 out of 5 stars iPod overrated, 29 Jan 2010
Not to play devil's advocate, but I have to balance the line here. My samsung recently broke and I figured 'hey I have an excuse to buy an iPod'. Seemed fair, I love Apple Mac the best computers in the world. Unfortunately after a mere three weeks of using it, I got sick of the thing and went back to my ancient, broken, yet better, samsung.
The simple crux is this, the battery life is absolutely rubbish on this thing. I truly mean it's embarrassingly weak. Playing similar songs and books on the iPod, killed the battery in a mere two days of use, effectively 10 hours (despite claims otherwise) whereas my samsung will last for over 30 hours.
Moreover the control system on the thing is the most irritating I've come across, although I already knew that from testing my friends iPod's, and had hoped that was the only flaw.
Unfortunately the finally, and for me, biggest issue is the weak sound output on every iPod I've tested. The volume is lower by degrees than my 5 year old samsung.
Though I must say the screen on the iPod is absolutely gorgeous, if you like simple, long life efficiency, you are better off with a different brand. Oh if you do buy this do not put any protective stickers over the control wheel!

5.0 out of 5 stars AMAZING, 25 Dec 2010
Cha Cha (Aylesbury, England) - See all my reviews
THE IPOD NANO 5TH GENERATION IS A GREAT PEICE OF TECH! With a video camera that is very good. It isn't HD; though it's good quality and can pick up quite a quiet conversation from about 10 feet away! It has a pedometer which I don't ussually count my calories. Also it has a speaker which is pretty loud and that is a change from the 4th generation. A must get gift for iPod-olics and probably just as good as the 6th generation apart from it doesn't have a touch scree.:)

5.0 out of 5 stars I pod anywhere and everywhere, 28 Jan 2010
Mr. V. J. Rosati "Vic Rosati" (Deepest Devon) - See all my reviews
Delighted with my new Nano. Over headphones the reproduction is excellent. Use it in the house, whilst walking the dog and played through my car stereo. My only error was to think that 8Gb was enough, should've got the 16Gb version.

5.0 out of 5 stars A flawless upgrade to a brilliant product!, 24 Jan 2010
GizmoGeek (Hounslow, United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)
Love it or hate it, one must give Apple credit: the iPod continues to remain one of the most revolutionary products of our times - the frost-free refrigerator of the computer era if you will.

And being the trend-setter it is, the 5th generation Nano has built itself over the years - improving on the features that made it a winner in the past and incorporating welcome new additions.

For instance, while it still retains the CoverFlow navigation (on the same touchwheel interface that made iPod a household name) and features the Genius Mix for a new way of listening to your collection (introduced in the 4th generation), it now also comes with an interesting feature where you can click and hold your album to select any song from inside it to an on-the-go playlist.

The FM tuner is pretty good and Live Pause actually allows you to pause and playback radio by recording (upto 15minutes!).

I also love the way they've seamlessly integrated VoiceOver.
Originally designed for the tiny Shuffle (which doesn't have a display or any controls on it), this allows you to listen to the name and artist info of the currently playing track. While it claims to speak nearly two dozen languages, I'm not really sure how good this is in foreign languages.

In terms of hardware, the new Nano improves upon last year's model as well - the built-in camera shoots video at 640x480 pixels at 30fps - decent enough for everyday use and capturing that sudden fun moment.

The screen size has been slightly increased to 2.2" (from the 2" one on the 4th and 3rd generation iPods) and features the same great display quality we are used to seeing from Apple.

The standard iPod earphones supplied are good enough, but let's face it; they are not the greatest pair of earphones in the world. The Nano only comes with the 'normal' ones and NOT the one with the built-in mic (as supplied with the Shuffle and iPod Touch).

The only small complaint I have is that the Confirm/play button in the center is slightly convex (curving outwards) instead of being concave (curving inward) as found on the iPod Classic (and 3rd Generation iPod).
This does not affect performance in any way, and its probably just personal preference.

All in all, a great product for people looking to upgrade from an old one, as well as new comers to the world of Apple!

4.0 out of 5 stars Ipod Nano 8gb version 5, 15 Jan 2010
I've never been an Ipod fan until I bought this for my son for Christmas, and to be quite frank, I was impressed, very impressed. It's slim, sleek and very easy to use.
It plays music, videos, radio, records video, games and has an address book.
The sound quality is excellent through the headphones supplied and it even has a built in speaker. But don't expect much from that. The speaker works but, isn't loud and the quality is mobile phone like. That said, how they got a speaker in something this small is amazing. (A note on the headphones, my 7yrs old son struggles to keep them in his ear).
To up load music on to the ipod you will need a computer/laptop and Apple itunes software. This software is freely available and is straight forward to use.
The Nano seems very well constructed and pretty sturdy, although to keep it looking nice, I'd recommend investing in a cover/skin/sock for it. (they start from a couple of £'s).
The radio works very well and is RDS enabled, (it shows the name of the station), but you do need the headphones plugged in for it to work. It easily found all the local radio stations.
The video camera is a great extra that's not found on the previous version. The quality is fine for recording your mates messing around etc, but you wouldn't use it as a main video camera at a special occaision. Annoyingly though it doesn't take stills, (photographs).
The display is very clear and easy to read and the menu system is so straight forward I was able to find my way through it without having to read any instructions.
If you intend taking the Nano away on holiday etc, you will need to buy some sort of charger as the only supplied method of charging is a usb lead to charge it from your pc/laptop. (You can buy a mains to usb charger for well under £10).
I've managed to get over 1,000 songs on to it so far and there's still about 25% of the memory left. The amount will vary depending on the file size and quality of each track). If you're a huge music fan and have loads of it, go for the 16gb version for not much more money.
There are hundreds of of MP3/MP4 players on the market. Some will do not as much as the Nano and some will do more. Prices vary massively. Ipods are not the cheapest multi media players around nor the most expensive but, their connectivity is becoming standard fittment and I think it's worth paying that little bit extra for that and the quality.
I was so impressed... I bought the company... well, may be not, but I'm going to get one for myself.