Price:£69.99+ £3.89 shipping

on 11 May 2010
I bought this as a replacement for an old ipod shuffle which died having had a long and happy life. My main use of my ipod is when i go jogging. Sadly I failed to do much due diligence on the new ipod and went straight into a shop and bought it. The old one had buttons on the unit so you could pause, skip to the next rack or go back to the previous track as well as the volume controls. The new unit whilst very shiny and nice looking has these controls on the earphones, so you can't use any other earphones. I am not what you would call a graceful runner so I find trying to locate the changer bit on the earphones is very difficult. You click once for pause, twice for skip and three times for rewind. This is difficult when you are running, so when i click twice it normally pauses and then unpauses. I see no value in being told what the name of the band/track is.

If you want to use this product whilst you are static I am sure you will love it. If you want to use it whilst exercising then you will find it difficult to use the controls.
on 8 November 2009
I bought this to go running with and it is useless for that purpose because you can only use the ipod headphones it comes with.
I bought some seinnheiser wrap around headphones and they dont work when you plug them in. There is no control over which tracks you play, or control over volume. It is hopeless running with ipod headphones as they fall out.

Sent it back and now use iphone with running headphones.
44 comments|58 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 15 October 2009
Sure the ipod is small and neat but what has dissapointed me is that I like to listen to mine in the car or with speakers or with my own comfy earphones and if i want to skip a track I can't because you can only do that with the earphones provided !
on 12 December 2009
I'm very disappointed with Apple. This is a classic case of 'if it ain't broke don't fix it'. The second generation ipod was ideal as a starter ipod for kids: really simple and easy to use. This next one is much smaller and trickier because the controls are on the earphones cable, not on the ipod itself. It does look cool like all Apple products but I bought it for a 7 year old and after two months she's frustrated with it. You've got the alternatives of the earlier version (at twice the price) or a nano (more than twice the price).
on 9 April 2010
I have an ipod classic, use a mac and used to have a 2nd gen Shuffle that I loved. Why oh why did Apple mess with this great design. It could have been improved with a simple 1 line display. Well they did and this is what you get. The main unit is small, very small. So small that it is a pain to "clip on" and very easy to "loose" in your pocket. Because it is so small you can't have any controls on it they are on the headphone leads. These are also small so unless you have fingers the size of pencil points, you are forever fumbling about. Thin Gloves? Forget it. The simple of design that allowed you to increase volume, change tracks, pause and play has changed to a complicated system that you invariably get wrong. Then there is the voice. I dont want Steven Hawkins telling me what is playing and getting it wrong. Want to attach it you your car radio for play back? You cant. Want to attach it to a simple dock/alarmclock for playback? You cant. Want to put on some better headphones? You cant. If I could have given this product a 0 I would have. Save your money and buy something else. Mine went straight back and I bought a used 2nd gen.
on 6 May 2010
I purchased this i pod in great anticipation, never had one before it lived up to its expectations the clarity on the Ipod was very good and the downloading etc..... was very easy to do I am in my 70's so to be as easy as this was must be a bonus
on 14 February 2010
my son loves his shuffle. bought it and used it almost straight away. easy to use. simple instructions, my daughter bought one for herself after seeing how impressed my son was with his. would recommend this item.
on 22 October 2010
Our ipod stopped working within one months usage.I requested an exchange from Fonz but were instructed to contact Apple. This has been unfruitful so I've requested an refund via my credit card.
on 15 January 2010
As a member of a multiple-iPod owning household, I've played with various generations of Nanos, Classics and Shuffles. The Nano and Classic are superb, but I loathe the Shuffle. The previous, squarish Shuffle was cute and convenient but I had to replace mine twice because of a tendency to die after 3 months.
I bought myself a new Shuffle, was delighted with the look and design but put it back in its box after a day and returned it. You can't replace the awfully uncomfortable earphones with earbuds because of the controls that come with 'phones. Duh! Major FAIL in design there, Mr Jobs!
on 12 March 2010
Excellent - extremely compact, huge memory, very easy to use and perfect for jogging with. Highly recommend it!

See one answered question