5.0 out of 5 stars Bigger than it looks but amazing value, 28 Nov 2012
SteveINtheUKok "SteveINtheUKok" (UK) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)
This review is from: Daylight Lamp (Personal Care)
This is much bigger than it looks online, it looks like a vanity mirror but in fact its pretty huge being 47cm (18.5 in) high and 34cm wide (13.3 in).

If you can get over the size and have space for it, this offers the same as a certain well known brand of SAD lights for a lot less cost.

You get 2x 36w Daylight bulbs in the light box (10,000 lux at 15-20cm) the exact same as the other models I looked at which were twice the price, so great value.

It recommends 1 hours use at 20cm and 2 hours at 50cm.

The unit I have starts off at less than full brightness but ramps up over the course of say 2-3 minutes to full brightness so your eyes are not stunned by a bright light. A nice feature.

I can still work on my computer with the brightness on the screen turned up so that hour or two passes without any interruption to my working day and I feel a heck of a lot better.

I was surprised how much of a difference the SAD light makes in my life, i've gone from being depressed and hating the mere thought of work to being back to normal. I can't say that will happen for everyone, but I will now never be without one, that I am sure.

Replacement bulbs are available, even via Amazon, so if they ever pop, I can fix this as simply as changing a bulb.

It also comes with a 2 year warranty, so that gives peace of mind also.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great Daylight lamp!, 15 Jan 2014
This review is from: Daylight Lamp (Personal Care)
The lamp is really handy and can be mounted on a wall or posed on a flat surface to have it close by. I really like the design and it works like a charm. The only reason why I did not rate it five stars is only because when the lamp is on, a constant hum comes out. Not particularly loud, but enough to want to turn it off after a while just to be in silence again. Only one dislike, but the effects of using the lamp is amazing. I highly recommend that product!

5.0 out of 5 stars It's a lamp. It works., 6 Jan 2014
This review is from: Daylight Lamp (Personal Care)
It fulfills the specifications, has a good price, and works well.
Would recommend to anyone looking for a daylight lamp.

Oh, and shipping to Sweden was surprisingly fast, so that's nice.

ARRAY(0xadf7dcf0)