5.0 out of 5 stars just an all time great
great music time-less classic takes you right back to a time when life was easy and is a sunny change from some of the new music at the minute you can't help but like it
Published 20 months ago by balam

1.0 out of 5 stars Disappointed
I downloaded 'Stand By Me' thinking that it would be the original version I remember from the sixties. What a disappointment. I'm afraid that on this version it has become clear that the singer's voice has become badly affected by the many years of live singing to voracious fans like me. His voice is, at times, rather shaky, breathless and weak.

If you want...
Published on 30 May 2009 by Baggins

1.0 out of 5 stars Disappointed, 30 May 2009
Baggins (Manchester, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Stand by Me (MP3 Download)

If you want the clear and powerful original then I suggest you test the sample of the song first to ensure that you select the version you want.

3.0 out of 5 stars ok, 3 Nov 2013
This review is from: Stand by Me (MP3 Download)
Not the best version ever but its ok, I would like Amazon to give you longer than the 15 or so seconds you get as a sampler, I Tunes samplers can last up to a minute making sure you get the version you really want.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great song, great singer but this is not the best version, 28 Sep 2013
June Doll "June" (Scotland) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 1000 REVIEWER)
This review is from: Stand by Me (MP3 Download)
When I went to download this song, there was a choice of 4 versions. I just chose one at random but I don't think I chose the best version. This is a great song and Ben E King is a great singer but in this version his voice sounds weak and quavery. It definitely lacks the power I had expected. I don't know why this should be and I don't know how I could have chosen a better version. It may be a live version and I feel that a studio version would have been better, with the faults removed. Still a good song though!

5.0 out of 5 stars just an all time great, 6 Jan 2013