Format: MP3 Download|Change
Price:£7.49

on 24 October 2003
This excellent CD contains twelve traditional Irish tunes that were recorded by the incomparable Chieftains, in conjunction with the Belfast Harp Orchestra. The sounds produced are soothing, and quite enjoyable to listen to. In fact, this album was actually awarded the Best Traditional Folk Album award at the 1994 Grammies! So, if you like Irish harp music, or traditional Irish tunes, then you will love this album. My family and I highly recommend this CD to you.
on 14 March 2013
This is one for chieftain purists. I find that when you go back to their earlier word it may not be as polished but it makes up for that in heart. I absolutely loved it!
on 10 November 2010
Veramente un bellissimo Cd questo dei Chieftains che cercavo da molto tempo.
Questa collaborazione con la Belfast Orchestra lo rende uno tra i loro migliori CD, in particolare questa versione dell'O' Carolan concerto è semplicemente fantastica.
on 24 December 2012
How can you fault The Chieftans. An excellent, authentic Folk Band.playing the most delicious, haunting and delightful music.What more can you ask! Dhiagelev
on 17 October 2014
I enjoyed this CD but was disappointed that it had a folk song in the middle which seemed to me out of place with the rest of the music. Still a great CD.
on 25 May 2014
I have been having a wonderful time listening to this CD and I like it a lot. The range of music on this recording is very impressive. I'm glad now that I purchased this recording and looking forward to many hours of wonderful listening.
on 11 April 2015
Apart from one vocal only track this is all harp tracks of traditional Irish music, and an interesting set of pieces to listen to.
on 23 June 2014
Arrived on time. Music is just what I thought it was, wouldnt have got it if I didn't like it.
on 4 October 2014
I love the Chieftains and the sound of the harp , so it's a winning combination
on 12 May 2015
If you want to appreciate the harp, listen to this.