5.0 out of 5 stars Decent boot.
I ordered the Caribou boot elsewhere as Amazon didn't have my size in stock. So I thought I would write a review here as like me you're looking for product reviews prior to purchase. I ordered the black leather uppers.

Published 15 months ago by Amazon Customer

1.0 out of 5 stars Really Disappointed
Published 14 months ago by rowan

5.0 out of 5 stars Decent boot., 28 Dec 2012

I've just returned from a Finland arctic trip and found the Finnish arctic boots I was issued with actually made my feet colder than the Karrimor snow boots I brought with me. The Finnish boots were very similar to the Sorel Caribou with the exception of the soles being a bit thinner and the felt lining was attached to the boot.

Onto the Caribou. The leather uppers have a slight waxy finish and triple stitching to the rubber foot section. The tongue is stiched right up to about 1 inch from the top of the boot. The wool felt inner socks are removable and have a neoprene strip insert from the toes up the front of the sock so as to allow stretching when you put your foot into. Some people may find it awkward to put their foot into the sock with the neoprene and have cut the neoprene about 1 or 2 inches fron the top of the sock for easier access. There seems to be a Thinsulate type of material sandwiched between the felt sock as you can hear it rustle when you bend the felt fabric. For additional thermal protection you can attach foil duck tape to the sole of the inner boot.

Sizing. Don't go for a larger size in the belief you can wear extra socks for warmth. I'm a size 9 to 9.5 (UK size) so I ordered 9.5 and the boots are a slightly generous fit allowing me to wear 2 pairs of winter socks without pinching or compressing my feet.

Hope this helps.

1.0 out of 5 stars Really Disappointed, 7 Feb 2013
I was brought a pair of these as a Christmas present, and 3 weeks into owning them they began to leak water !! The boots are advertised as been tough, long lasting - 3 weeks seems a little short on longevity ! The seam-seal broke and began to separate !! The rubber part of the boot felt flimsy and flexed easily, and the boot offered little, to no ankle support. I have sent them back and taken a refund and brought a similar boot by a less popular competitor, who still make they're boots in Canada !! I would suggest avoiding these as other reviews you can find on the web mention the same problems !!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great, 20 Mar 2014
M. D. Grindle - See all my reviews
Exactly as expected. Fit generous, boots great. Bought for ski land, but weather too warm and snow too poor in Meribel

5.0 out of 5 stars Wish I'd discovered these years ago., 24 Dec 2013
Best winter boots I've ever had - bar none. Tried and tested in Denmark's harshest winter last year. -Super product.

ARRAY(0xb1a03838)