5.0 out of 5 stars Absolute Genius
Published on 23 April 2011 by T. Fletcher

I bought this and had it fitted with Halfords about 4 months ago.

Positives:
Plays music really well, and has a "Virtual Superbass" option to really bring out the bass for those who like to rumble down the road. Seems to recognise most forms of mp3 & mp4 encoding (quality). Supports USB, an aux-in and the older iPhones with leads for each...
Published 4 months ago by C. Williams

5.0 out of 5 stars Absolute Genius, 23 April 2011
T. Fletcher (Daventry UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Parrot MKi9200 UK Bluetooth Car Kit (Accessory)
I fitted mine yesterday - I used the Autodata cable and that was it - evertyhing worked first time, mute etc. It is amazing - BT connects automatically when you switch the ignition on, even if you are mid-call, it transfers it to the Hands Free automatically. Music playback is very high quality, and you have a variety of sources, BT from phone, SD card in unit, or via the external connectors. I just upgraded mine to the latest version of the software by the USB input, a job that took about a minute. Audio quality is fantastic from the phone - doesnt sound like you are driving.

All in all can't praise this combo highly enough. If you want a BT car kit and this is in your price range, buy it.

Tim Fletcher

4.0 out of 5 stars Clever device, mostly works . . . . 90% indespensible, 5 Mar. 2010
Mr. S. J. Garrett "Redcoat" (London United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Parrot MKi9200 UK Bluetooth Car Kit (Accessory)
This device was the only solution to ipod playback and hands-free phone use in my model of car, and mostly it's brilliant. There are some negative things to say, though. Firstly, when first installed the ipod connection really didn't work at all. My installer willingly reviewed his work and a replacement connecting umbilicus provided a cure - reading around, problems with dubious leads and connectors are a not uncommon observation amoung Parrot users, so bear this in mind if you do encounter a glitch. Secondly, I have no problem with compatibility with my phone but make sure you check on the Parrot website that your specific model is supported - Parrot offers regular firmware updates but it is apparent from user forums that not everybody is happy all the time, and some owners end up completely fed up. Finally, there are two quirks of Parrot operation that I now accept as facts of life - skipping through playlists using the alphabet just doesn't work (all Parrot owners know this) and the unit will occasionally crash for no obvious reason and require re-booting. In summary, the thing is far from perfect and can infuriate, but crucially it remains just too useful to tear out and throw away. Sound quality is tops too.

2.0 out of 5 stars It's OK. Plays tunes well, but voice recognition (hands-free dialling) is crap., 10 Dec. 2014
C. Williams "Chris" (Oxford, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Parrot MKi9200 UK Bluetooth Car Kit (Accessory)
I bought this and had it fitted with Halfords about 4 months ago.

Positives:
The options are all reasonably easy to understand and navigate without a manual.

Negatives:
The voice that speaks to you is pretty rubbish. It can't even pronounce "Mum", which you'd have thought a hell of a lot of people would have on their phone. Instead, it pronounces it "Moom". Other words (too many to list here) are also pronounced so ridiculously that you would feel embarrassed to use the feature with passengers (or business associates!) in.
The voice recognition software is also pretty crap. Maybe because it doesn't know what a "Mum" is, it can't understand you very well. I often find myself frustrated, and after several aborted attempts (calling the wrong people, etc etc) I have to take my attention away from driving just to make a simple call, using the manual contact options.

Summary:
I'm on Firmware version 2.2, which is the latest software for the unit, as I write this review. This could be so much better. Parrot need to sort out the voice bit, basically. If you are mainly going to use it to play music, there are plenty of other options out there. If not, well, this is definitely not the best for making hands-free calls! So I guess I don't recommend it.

1.0 out of 5 stars Great when it works, but horribly unreliable, 9 Dec. 2013
This review is from: Parrot MKi9200 UK Bluetooth Car Kit (Accessory)
Firstly, I didn't buy the Parrot MKi9200 through Amazon. I got it from work via Vodafone/Unipart. Initially I thought it was brilliant - a neat looking screen, simple interface, good call quality and very good voice recognition. I connect my iPhone via Bluetooth to listen to music too and the clarity is excellent.

The problem is that the control unit keeps losing contact, so you can't initiate or end calls, change the volume or use any of the menus. At first I thought I was doing something wrong. Then I changed the batteries. Then I had the unit replaced. Fine for 6 months then the same fault. Then again. Then again. I am actually now waiting for my third replacement unit and have had dozens and dozens of service calls. The service I've had from Vodafone/Unipart has been excellent throughout, very helpful staff who keep escalating it to the manufacturer but seemingly get nothing back.

It's infuriating and dangerous that you can't use the unit as designed. I can't understand how I can be so unlucky as to have had this many faulty units - there must be a design or manufacturing error here that others must have experienced?

As I say, when it works it is excellent, but no piece of technology should have to be replaced three times in 18 months! Avoid!

2.0 out of 5 stars Remote Works About 10% of the Time, 29 Dec. 2012
This review is from: Parrot MKi9200 UK Bluetooth Car Kit (Accessory)
The device itself is fine - it automatically connects to your phone when you get in the car and happily streams your favourite tunes all day long. However, the voice activated controls are infuriating - no matter how clearly you speak it often struggles to comprehend what you're saying.

More importantly the remote is utterly useless. My first remote worked fine for about three days then became intermittent to say the least; working about 10% of the time; meaning that 90% of the time I was unable to control the volume or make a call using the device.

I googled the problem and found that it was extremely common. The most common reason given was that the remote had poorly designed battery connections. The solution suggested was to bend the connectors with a screwdriver. I tried this but it didn't seem to work.

I then decided to purchase a brand new remote. I have experienced exactly the same issues with this new remote; worked for a few days before working around 10% of the time.

This is wholly unacceptable for such an expensive piece of kit. I would not recommend buying this product.

3.0 out of 5 stars Mercedes Nightmare... Only front speakers, 21 Nov. 2011
This review is from: Parrot MKi9200 UK Bluetooth Car Kit (Accessory)
The Parrot is a brilliant piece of kit - easy to control and quick to connect. The hands-free is clear and easy to use. The display is excellent.

BUT...

Installing this kit in my merc E class was a nightmare. The power and earth loads were swapped over and the adapter lead needed to be heavily modified. Many brains spent much time trying to get this working.

The line in, ipod and USB replay only seems to work through the front speakers and does not work through the car amplifier. The signal comes from the Parrot system (small and low power) and this drives the car speakers. The playback quality is poor and not really satisfying for music, but fine for telephone or listening to audiobooks.

On balance, good kit that trys to do do too much, and watch out for installation nighmares!

5.0 out of 5 stars BRILLIANT - Why isn't every vehicle fitted with one?, 28 Jan. 2011
This review is from: Parrot MKi9200 UK Bluetooth Car Kit (Accessory)
What a fabulous piece of kit!
We have used hands free kits in our cars for a number of years - the Vauxhall factory fitted one way back in 1999/2000 being the first which was great but VERY expensive. We then moved onto the Parrot CK versions which again were excellent. This meant over the years we had come to expect a lot from our hands free kits.
When my husband was involved in a no fault accident which wrote off his vehicle, we insisted the replacement car was fitted with the Parrot Mki9200.
Connectivity with a variety of mobile phones has been brilliant. It plays music and pod casts from my ipod without any problems.
When software updates are available, the ease with which these can be updated is fantastic - even for someone totally non technical like myself!
Calls can be accepted and made effortlessly. Conversations are clear - the double microphone is even better than the one utilised in older versions of the Parrot.
When we had a query about one of our older mobiles not appearing to fluidly connect, the Customer Service staff at Parrot were brilliant, responding very quickly and advising how the problem could be resolved.
We even have a photo of one of our dogs on the screen (please don't all laugh - it's the simple pleasures in life that make technical gadgets extra special!)
We do quite a lot of motorway driving and would not have a car without a Parrot fitted.
I cannot recommend this highly enough and really cannot understand why particularly company cars/vans are not fitted with Mki9200's as standard.
Get yourself one today and you will in future always demand your car is fitted with one!

4.0 out of 5 stars Music not very good when loud, 13 Jan. 2014
This review is from: Parrot MKi9200 UK Bluetooth Car Kit (Accessory)
Phone sync, connection etc. All good.

Negative: if you are looking for some high quality audio this is not for you. The quality is good, but not great especially when the music is loud.

I found it better when plugged my phone directly using USB cable rather then sound over Bluetooth. I have not tried external amplified as suggested on some forums but I am not going to invest more money as the sound quality is acceptable.

4.0 out of 5 stars HANDY PIECE OF KIT, 13 Oct. 2011
This review is from: Parrot MKi9200 UK Bluetooth Car Kit (Accessory)
I bought the 9200 kit a while back now, and am happy with the product. I had a friend help me install it which took us no more than an hour from start to finish , also partly because I bought the car connector kit.
Its great connects no problems to my bluetooth on iphone, play music via bluetooth or connected to cable. Very easy system.
Only pity is there is no way to control and and see albums over bluetooth connection.

5.0 out of 5 stars Parrot MKi9200, 18 Feb. 2010
Mr. T. J. Rice "Tim Rice" (London UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Parrot MKi9200 UK Bluetooth Car Kit (Accessory)
The Parrot MKi9200 is great at what it does. Easy to navigate and the controls are all detachable to take out of your car when parked. Only negative point I can see is if your iPod is stuffed with songs, it appears you have to scroll down every single song to get to the end one, You can't siply select a letter as you can in the phone book. Amazon's price was the best I could find so good value Get it fitted professionally if you are not VERY clever at that sort of thing.
TR