Shop now Shop now Shop now Cloud Drive Photos Shop now Learn More Shop now Shop now Shop Fire Shop Kindle  Learn more Countdown to Prime Day Shop now Shop now

on 12 September 2011
If you enjoyed the 'Inspector' cartoons with the small Peter Sellers-like guy in the trilby [with his dim sidekick Deux-Deux] that used to sandwich the Pink Panther TV shows, then this collection contains a disc of 17 'toons to make up the entire collection if you already have VOL 6 of the standalone PP discs, already dedicated to the Inspector.Vol 6 contains seperate animations: 17 shorts, like this one.

Pretty short-running at around 5 minutes each [typical of the slashed budgets of the day] these were nevertheless screened as supporting fare at the cinema of the later 60s.

Excellent design in the backgrounds, if a world away from Disney, with some cool-ly inventive villains and explosive visual gags.

To be honest, I've never watched the other two accompanying DVDs, but for rekindling those anarchic Inspector memories, this one comes up trumps!
on 19 January 2011
The description "3 DVD SET" fooled me into believing that this was a Box-Set, but alas, it's just 3 DVDs in a standard DVD plastic case, which, by no means derails the quality of the product itself, just the image of it on my library. Oh, well, "fool me once..." Other than that, the transfer is actually very good, especially for a 60's cartoon, and the English subtitles are there for those who want them, although the extras aren't there at all, so I guess the missing star is half for the package and half for the absence of extras, and there you have it.
on 17 September 2012
The first inspector animation here is the classic "The Great Degaulle Stone Operation" which features the black, three-head criminal that first appeared in The Pink Panther film credits animations. The music is from the film "A Shot in the Dark" by Mancini.

The artwork is wonderfully surreal and minimal, yet has distinct 1960s French flair. Quite wonderful.

My only gripe with this DVD is the long and invasive pirate warning at the start, the one that begins "You wouldn't steal a car...". We are FORCED to sit through this every time we play the DVD, even though we paid for it! So one star off for that.
on 11 March 2011
A wonderful dvd with a slightly misleading name, which was name of the show back on tv.
The box is the give away that it is infact The Inpsector and Aardvark. But if you're not 100% sure if you're a fan of these characters, then give them a whirl and hopefully you'll be pleasently suprised with the entertainment they give.

A collection of 50 shorts, it really is a treat. Sadly there is no extra's, no bonus feastures of commentaries, but to have these on dvd is worth the lack of extra's for the cost.
on 4 May 2011
No cartoon will make you laugh like this title
this is for all Pink Panther and Peter Seller fans as if it continues what Peter have stopped doing.
on 3 May 2013
I bought this as it is called 'The Pink Panther and friends'.... but where is the pink panther????? very disappointed that he does not feature at all. The rest of the cartoons are good though.
on 7 January 2011
I looked around for a long time to find a good Pink Panther DVD for my daughter as a xmas present. Remembering the Pink Panther show from a very long time ago now, I wanted it to have all the characters on. Unfortunately if that is what you are looking for you will be hard pushed to find the Pink Panther himself on this DVD. The title really is deceptive "The PINK PANTHER and FRIENDS", it should be called "The Pink Panthers friends" or just "The Inspector".

The catoons themselves are great and it was enjoyable to watch, apart from the intermitent "When's the Pink Panther coming on?". If its the Pink Panther you want another DVD would probably suit you better.
on 4 September 2013
I agree that the title is very misleading when Pink Panther is nowhere to be seen on this DVD. I really wish I'd taken the time to read the opinions here so I wouldn't have wasted my money. My 4 year old has watched a few of the episodes but is not really interested. Shame, because he has been so excited since we ordered it.
on 13 May 2014
I loved these series as a child and now my son is enjoying them all over again with the funky music, cute but not contrived storylines and wry humour. You gotta add it to your collection. Much better than modern cartoons with their slick CGI.
on 8 December 2013
Not the pink panther I thought I was buying that is another downfall of buying DVDs in the internet as you can read the back of it. Is all about the inspector and not much to my son's taste
11 comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse