Format: Kindle Edition|Change
Price:£5.16

on 13 May 2016
Terribly written piece of pulp fiction. No way is it actually the real account of someone's experience narrated to the writer. It's badly written nonsense belonging in a comic for young boys obsessed with Action Man.
on 20 February 2015
I read this book years ago and enjoyed it immensely. However, the problem I have with this edition is the quality of the type / print - it looks like a poor photocopy. I would never buy from this printer again.
on 14 January 2014
If you looking for a great read about military history then look no further, this book is insane at the best of times bordering on unbelievable. I couldn't put it down and had it finished within the day.
on 2 September 2012
Brillant book, a tale of war from a soldiers prospective. Worth a read for any one interested in combat stories of a true nature, follows a German soldiers journey from world war 2 to Vietnam.
on 25 August 2015
The consensus seems to be that this was not based on a true story but instead made up entirely. It is still a good read, though. I suggest an easy chair and a tall glass of Pimms.
on 6 May 2015
Almost unbelievable insight into the horrors of war from the ending of world war 2......to jungle warfare in Indochina..... would recommend this book to anyone
on 10 June 2013
I read this as a teen thirty odd years ago. I loved it then and having rediscovered it recently I still think its a great read. I suggest a good holiday book.
on 3 July 2013
As I like to read a wide selection of subjects, picking this action book I thought would be a welcome change from 'informative' subjects I usually pick.
It is advertised as a non-fiction account of the fighting life of an ex German soldier, but reads, and comes across as a blood-thirsty novel. Some may enjoy it, but not me!
on 20 June 2013
Read this book some 20 odd years ago. Never got it back after lending it to someone. Couldn't find another copy until now. Still a great read.
on 25 June 2013
Read this book many years ago
Still enjoyed it today!
Can hold attention of reader
Will definitely read it again