5.0 out of 5 stars Old Friends
Published on 3 Nov 2010 by Johnny Walker

1.0 out of 5 stars Poor longevity
I was initially very pleased with these boots, they were waterproof, looked good and were very comfortable. However after 5 months of moderate use (four to six hours walking a week) the heels have worn down, developed holes and let the water in. I will be returning them. Very disappointing as the last pair of Hi-Tec boots I owned lasted five years.
Published on 25 April 2012 by Mrs. Ds Castley

5.0 out of 5 stars Old Friends, 3 Nov 2010
I am a fan of Eurotreks and am on my third pair, with the fourth already in the cupboard ready for duty, but there are a couple of things you should know about them: first, despite your best efforts with with waxing and maintenance, you may find they are never quite entirely waterproof - not in the harshest conditions, anyway - though they are pretty good at being water resistant; second, the soles don't last as long as with some other makes, particularly if you do much walking on hard surfaces such as pavements or lanes. However, there is no shortage of pluses, starting with the fact they are ridiculously good value for money, especially at online prices, and that they are as comfortable as slippers and as welcoming as an old friend. If your walking takes you over harsh or very boggy terrain, you're going to need something more heavy-duty (and you'll have to pay a lot more for them) but if you want the perfect companion when you are walking, for example, over farmland, on cliff top paths or just for taking the dog out, then you will do no better than Eurotreks.

5.0 out of 5 stars Relief for troubled feet, 13 Sep 2009
These are marvellous boots especially if you have foot problems as my husband does. They are wide fitting so no need to suffer as his feet get used to them. They are quality leather and an all round great purchase.

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful!, 1 Jun 2009
Wilz "wilson9hb" (Bristol, England) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)
I purchased a pair of these shoes about 5 years ago. I wanted something that was tidy enough to wear casually but was capable of being used on most terrain.
I'm no hiker but when I visit a city or go across country, this is the footwear I use.
Unusually I have no complaints at all. Light (extremely), presentable, very comfortable and extremely hard wearing. Goodness knows how many miles I've walked in these, often on hard surfaces and in bad weather and they've never failed to perform. This is the first time in years that I've worn a pair of boots to destruction (the soles are now almost smooth!) without any problems with the construction of the boot or discomfort.
The leather is soft and the insides well padded and the whole shoe breathes well. No need to break them in, just put them on and go!
If you want a good all round sturdy ankle boot that doesn't cost the earth or wiegh a ton, this is for you. I'm buying a new pair and using the old ones for scruffing around. Only pity is that they don't do them in black.
Treat yourself - you won't be disappointed!

5.0 out of 5 stars Best so far, 14 Sep 2010
My sport tournament casting involves days spent in fields where the grass can be anything from real short to 10 inches or even 12 to 16 inches on occasion. This time of year it is invariably wet. I have tried many "waterproof" boots over the years and until now the only thing that kept me dry was wellingtons.After last Sunday in roughly 6 to 8 inch grass very wet in the morning and drying gradually through the day I am happy to report not one drop of damp penetrated my boots+ they were comfortable from the off. A big well done from me. My last "waterproof" boots cost in excess of £125 and within two hours my feet were soaking. Brilliant.
MikeB.

5.0 out of 5 stars BOOTS - WALKING, 16 Sep 2009
A. Taylor (Surrey England) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 1000 REVIEWER)    (REAL NAME)
First class for the price.

Good ankle support and after 3 weeks of use I can confirm that they are waterproof. I particularly like the `clip-over's' for the laces which means that you can lace the boots up quickly but, perhaps more importantly, you can get them off quickly and easily after a walk when you are probably tired and just want them off. I found them comfortable to wear straight out of the box, though I do use `walking socks' rather than ordinary ones (I know some folks don't) which may have helped. The sole seems sturdy and with plenty of grip. I also like the overall coating which means that nine times out of ten they can just be wiped clean.

Also very impressed by Chapters Media who supplied the boots, first class service and kept me well informed of my orders progress.

UPDATE : April 2010

After several months of hard wear the boots are still in excellent shape, even after walking in mud and snow the boot uppers only need a wipe and they are clean. The soles take a bit longer and a bit more work due to the cleats. Really recommend this boots for walking :-)

UPDATE 26th of April 2011

Boots still going strong having walked in France and Germany as well as being used once a week or so. Very pleased indeed considering the price.

UPDATE : April 2012

Boots still wearing very well, no probs whatsoever despite being used at least once a week and sometimes more than that.

UPDATE : APRIL 2013

Still working well, not even had to renew the laces yet although because of the poor weather I did not get to use them through the past winter as much as the previous one :-) Really can't complain at the price, would certainly buy again.

UPDATE : MAY 2014

Boots still OK though soles showing a fair bit of wear and laces had to be renewed a little while ago. Tend to alternate now with another pair (different manufacturer, different style) as they give a little more feel when driving.

5.0 out of 5 stars Hi-Tec Men's Eurotrek Walking Boots, 14 Nov 2009
Conducted extensive research before buying (reviewed over 100 brands of walking boots). Based on research, selected these walking boots.

Product Feedback (after 4 weeks of daily wear): Very good quality waterproofed leather. Boot lace eyelets & hooks also of high quality - hooks have rounded edges = no frayed laces! Very comfortable & great value for money.

12-Month Update (30 Sep 2010):
These boots are far and away the best boots I've ever bought. After a year of daily fairly-rough terrain walking, the leather still looks great, is still waterproof, very comfortable and the soles are hardly worn down.

Hi-Tec is to be congratulated for the Eurotrek Waterproof Hiking Boot (can't vouch for other models!). I would have no hesitation in buying an identical pair when these ones finally wear out. Verdict: highly recommended for daily moderate-level (3-5 miles on rough ground).

1.0 out of 5 stars Poor longevity, 25 April 2012

5.0 out of 5 stars Just what the doctor ordered, 1 Mar 2009
T. Johns (UK) - See all my reviews
These boots fitted the bill perfectly for walking in rugged terrain and kept my feet and ankles very secure. I would reccomend to the first time buyer of such shoes.

2.0 out of 5 stars Comfortable, but soles too soft and thin, 17 Nov 2009
W. J. Clulow (Newcastle Emlyn, Wales) - See all my reviews
These boots were comfortable from the start, well-made for the money and waterproof. Unfortunately however the soles do not seem designed to survive anything other than light or intermittent wear. Mine have worn through on both heels in 5 weeks (35 days) since I bought them. I'm a 6 foot tall, 13 stone guy wearing size 13's. I'm not a roly-poly and I haven't been dancing on volcanic pumice, just walking the highways and by-ways of West Wales doing an average of a couple of miles a day.

In my opinion the soles are too soft and the tread not deep enough to withstand the demands made on them by even half-serious walkers.

I'll be sending mine back of course and hope to get a replacement pair, but I'll only be using them next time for light walking occasionally. Boots such as Scarpa are at least twice the price, but they are serious boots and made for walking.

UPDATE: After writing this review I sent a photo of the soles to Kickback Sports and they gave me a full refund the same day. I've now ordered some higher specification boots from them with Vibram Soles. Good customer service works!

2.0 out of 5 stars Quality not what it used to be?, 29 Jun 2010
Have been wearing this model for over 10 years. The first two pairs were great, however the last pair has failed after only a couple of years. The seam between the second/third lace loop and the sole, has split open. It happened 5Km into a 40 Km trek, which was rather inconvenient. Also the third pair didn't feel as comfortable as the first two pairs. Something has changed with this once great boot. They used to have the best quality:price ratio, but maybe this is no longer the case.

Will not be trusting this brand/model again.