on 5 March 2011
I bought this book at the beginning of my second year of teacher training, and found it to be very helpful and interesting.

At least 30 others on my course also rated this book.

You will find info on : behaviourism, constructivist learning, multiple intelligences, learning styles and then tips on how to use this theory to inform your practice.

It's easy to read and gives you all the information in plain speak (I can't stand it when books are written just to make you feel stupid)
on 13 December 2010
I bought this book as part of my 1st year reading list of my University course. The book writes in a way that is easy to understand and doesn't use complicated English like some other text books that I have come across. It has often helped me get a sound understanding of an area of learning. It is a great starting point for any student and is a good place to start to get a general understanding of a subject. Clearly, more sources need to be drawn on if you wish to write an academic piece of writing on the matters that are covered here as I would not call it in-depth.
on 29 May 2010
I'm a trainee teacher and I find this book useful for my learning. It's user friendly. Although it's thin, it contains all the info that I need especially in terms of learning about the learner, psychologically. This is a recommended book. You should buy this!
on 24 March 2013
I am a second year primary education student. My course generally covers a lot of different pyscholocial theories, this book has helped me underpin these theories and relate them to pedagogical choice in teaching and in assignments. I higly reccommend this book.
on 13 January 2013
This book is ideal for teacher trainees, who are looking for a general introduction to theories about learning (ZPD, scaffolding, multiple intelligences, etc.). Beside the more theoretical chapters, there is ample evidence of practical considerations.
on 16 February 2015
I cannot really write an accurate review as I have only just started using it on my Kindle but I am not able to progress until I write a review. Not impressed with this mode of acquiring a review Amazon.
on 5 May 2013
Very clear and useful guide to learning theories. Written in a comprehensible style, yet based on research. A must for new and experienced teachers alike.
on 28 January 2013
this product came within date of purchase and has been very useful and helpful throughout my studies. I would recommend this product to everyone!
on 17 October 2013
Very accessible language used which makes the book a good introduction to learning theories. Helped me as a first year trainee teacher.
on 8 January 2014
Very useful book big words very light and easy to carry very helpful book and arrived very quickly and in very good condition