5.0 out of 5 stars Cool, quiet and stylish..., 11 Aug 2009
Spill The Beans (UK) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)
This review is from: CM Storm Sniper case (Personal Computers)
I have just upgraded my PC to what would be described as 'enthusiast level', and bought this case as part of that upgrade.

It features lots of cooling (2 x 200mm fans, 1 x 120mm fan) and has the space to fit 2 further fans (1 x 200mm & 1 x 140mm). The fans speeds are adjustable via the 'knob' on the top meaning that you can find just the right balance between cool and quiet that suits you. There is also a button to turn the fan's blue LED lights on and off. Another bonus is all the fans have filters to keep the dust out!

There is plenty of space to work in inside and I had no problems fitting anything, especially no cut fingers! The fittings all use a screw-less design making it very easy to use, and unlike some other cases the screw-less fittings are tough and up to the job.

The power supply goes at the bottom and has it's own air intake with dust filter. There are plenty of top, front positioned ports for all your external devices like MP3 players & gamepads (4 x USB, 1 x eSATA, 1 x Firewire, Headphones, Microphone). There is room for 5 external drives & 5 internal hard disk drives.

The power button is a little large and hair triggered so be careful when reaching for the fan knob as you may find yourself switching off instead, LOL!

The case has a nice black finish (which unfortunately isn't carried through to the insides) and feels rugged and sturdy. The top has a built in handle of sorts for easier carrying.

Overall I am very pleased with the CM Storm Sniper and would recommend it to anyone.

Update - 4 years on
======
The case overall is still going strong, however all the expansion slot screw-less clips have snapped off and the fan controller knob only works when _it_ wants to work! Not bad for 4 years but I expected a bit more from the can controller and it is becoming very irritating.

The dust filters are actually quite difficult to clean and get clogged very quickly.

5.0 out of 5 stars This is a beast!, 23 Nov 2010
J. Husband "compulsive gadget buyer" (Yorkshire, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: CM Storm Sniper case (Personal Computers)
I bought this case based on many reviews (wasn't so much bothered about price). i wanted a big manly case with plenty of cooling. It's the kind of case that makes you think there must be a beast inside.

Build quality is fantastic - quite heavy
Constructed from sprayed black, powder coated steel, with black mesh and tough black ABS plastic parts, extendable feet for stability.
Airflow is fantastic. Case comes with three huge fans, each with 4 blue LEDs all controlled by a dial on the top.
Preinstalled fans are top, left side and front (for hard drive cooling)
Room for two additional fans (rear and bottom)
Power supply heat is isolated from rest of system (sucked in a rear back and blown out of bottom) - that almost sounds rude!
Mounting of hard drives, optical drives and PCI is tool-less.
Hard drive cage is completely removable
Power wires can be concealed in compartment behing motherboard.
Loads of room for two or more full-sized graphics cards
Support for water cooling.
Front/top panel has 4xUSB, 1xeSATA, 1xFirewire, headphone, mic/line-in
My CPU fan makes more noise than the 3 giant fans when everything is idling.
I overclock by about 25% and never need to turn the fan dial up from minimum setting

Only problem I had was whipping the side pane off without remembering to disconnect the fan in side panel. Ripped a molex connector off. Never mind....

5.0 out of 5 stars Coolmaster CM Storm Sniper, 31 Aug 2010
Demon Pixie (Great Britain) - See all my reviews
This review is from: CM Storm Sniper case (Personal Computers)
I actually bought this case after looking at nearly all alternatives, including the more expensive alu. Lian-Li and Cooler-master Full Tower cases.Which are perhaps a little excessive for the home user, even an enthusiast. If your looking for a case that will more than likely last you indefinitely, this should be on your list to consider.

It is incredibly strong and contains nearly all the features you could want / require in a performance / gaming PC case. The built in fan speed controller helps with the noise produced by the stock chassis fans & at the lowest setting they are practically silent,whilst still providing good air flow. Plenty of space for the newest Pci-e Graphics cards & SSD brackets included.

Overall, looks great, lots of options for personal touches to your PC system and if your in to taking your PC places for LAN gaming etc this case is very easy to carry & will do a great job of keeping your components protected.

5.0 out of 5 stars Top notch build quality with plenty of air circulation, 14 Dec 2012
This review is from: CM Storm Sniper case (Personal Computers)
This is without doubt the best case I`ve ever owned in 25 years of gaming!

Yes it`s heavy, but that means well built with metal not crap plastic construction. It`s designed so as it can be carried easily from the top with both hands so the weight is never a problem. Yes it`s expensive, but compared to what? The crap that`s mostly on sale out there and remember, you get what you pay for!

So all in all I agree with all the other positive ratings given here so I won`t repeat them and I wouldn`t hesitate in buying from this manufacturer again!

5.0 out of 5 stars CM Storm Sniper case, 6 Oct 2011
R. Brown - See all my reviews
This review is from: CM Storm Sniper case (Personal Computers)
This case is big but I love it I have the mesh sided case as the plastic one has no air vents in the plastic side panel so this stay very cool love the controls being at the top with usb ports as well. I have had no problems with the fan once this was wired up its a very good case the only thing I dont like is the led light for the power on is so bright if you walk past the case and you look down it could blind you for a sec. The lights for the fans are great but can be turned off. I love this Beast.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great Case - However, Not Flawless, 17 April 2011
This review is from: CM Storm Sniper case (Personal Computers)
Firstly, let me get the negative out of the way:
- The storm security system is terrible. This is a plastic pci cover which is positioned away from the rest of the pci covers (see a picture). This will not keep your peripherals safe at all, so if you were buying a storm case for the 'storm security system', don't bother... it's terrible... luckily, very few people will base their choice of case on this, and so this is a fairly moot point..

___________________________

EDIT: I was wrong, the security bracket is indeed made of metal, however, due to the way that the metal has been shaped to allow for cables, the metal is quite weak. If you dented this panel, you'd be able to slide it out and free the peripherals with no problem.
___________________________

Okay.. time for all the positives:

- Appearance: I was worried that this case was going to have too much plastic on it, and that this case was going look cheap.. When it arrived, I found the opposite to be true! This case looks amazing. I LOVE the shape of the front, and I LOVE the big mesh side panel! I was torn between this case and the HAF 932. I'm glad I went with this one, since I think the HAF cases are pretty darn ugly. This case is gorgeous and looks so much better in real life. I have seen a camouflaged paint job on one of these cases, and I intend to do the same to mine if I win university prize money for exam performance.

- Instrumentation: This case will equip a gamer with all the things he/she will need to build a gaming pc. The no-screw attachments are great for just slotting everything end getting going. It's GREAT not to have to worry about screws.. especially if you're like me who always misplaces his screwdriver. Obviously the no-screw attachments hold things in less solidly, but there's still no way that anything can come loose. I would be happier with this feature if the 5.25 inch bay mechanisms were easier to remove. I don't think you're supposed to remove them, however, I would have liked the option. One other minor is that I don't like the fact that you can't rotate the hard drive mounting area, so that it allows for better airflow from the front of the case to the back.. (which I actually thought you could, but apparently not).

- Front/top panel: The knobs on the front panel are HUUUGE. I didn't like this at first, but now I really do. I can't stress how awesome it is to have a speed dial for your fans with a big button in the middle to turn the LEDs on when you want to. One minor problem with this is that if you ever wanted to buy new fans, you need to hunt down some fans with separate LED controls. I have bought fans from the bitfenix-spectre range just for this purpose, and it actually didn't fix the problem, because this switch is not as simple as closing a circuit (which the bitfenix spectre fans require) rather, this on/off button turns on/off an output of 5V. Otherwise, you could probably mod all of your new fans to give you the led on/off option.

- Size: This whole case is huge. HUGE. Seriously... HUGE. I was worried when I saw the size of it at first, but once I realised how great it is to have so much room to work in, I soon fell in love with this case.. Seriously. This case is so spacious. A word of warning however - unless you're planning on filling this up with a full size ATX motherboard and several huge graphics cards, it's probably going to be too big for you.

- Airflow: This case has fewer fan mounts than the HAF 932; however this case comes with a knob allowing you to change fan speeds (and the case comes with 3x200mm fans and 1x120mm exhaust fan, which are all pre-wired in, incase you were too lazy to do it yourself). Also, this case has dust filters on every meshed area (except top and back), which is a bonus on the HAF 932. Finally, a word of warning is that this case is known to have high GPU temps; however, I have removed the 200mm side fan and replaced with 2x120mm fans, and have installed a 140mm intake fan on the base of the case aswell, and have had no problems with GPU temps.

ARRAY(0xa0bd16c0)