4.0 out of 5 stars Better, but "I will find you" is sadly missed
First of all, I would like to echo the positive comments which have been already expressed by other reviewers of this wonderful soundtrack.
Published on 17 Sep 2002 by John Mounsey

1.0 out of 5 stars What have they done?
Well what can I say about this reworking of such a great soundtrack, yes I said reworking as that what this is.
Although it reads like that it is the original soundtrack to this great film, it is not.
It is a very watered down version of the original.
Published on 11 April 2006 by C. J. Bennell

1.0 out of 5 stars What have they done?, 11 April 2006
C. J. Bennell (Telford, Shropshire United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
It is a very watered down version of the original.
I have the original and have played both one after the other and this version has no feeling it sounds like so many other soundtracks, weak and almost forgettable.
I say almost forgettable as the music itself is beautiful and you can nearly get a feel of this with this watered down version.
Gone is the passion the sense of foreboding the thrill of the chase as well as the sadness conveyed in the original.
The record industry are moaning about the state of there sales well if this is what they are offering then I am not surprised. Not only do they mislead the customer into thinking that this is the original soundtrack. But it is at least 10 minutes shorter than the original and it has been turned it to a bland listening experience. They would have been far better digital remastering the original and adding extra tracks and also putting it in the correct running order.
So if I was you forget this version and do yourself a favor and find the original and leave this one in the bargain bin, I wished I had.

3.0 out of 5 stars What happened to the original?, 9 Sep 2004
By A Customer
I'm completely gutted! I have the original on tape which was getting worn out and can't be played in the car so I decided to buy the CD. However, some of the tracks are missing and it all sounds completely different. It's still a beautiful album but for lovers of the original - don't bother.

4.0 out of 5 stars Better, but "I will find you" is sadly missed, 17 Sep 2002
Despite the fact that it is a re-recording and NOT the original recording found on the original 1992 CD release, the sound quality here is excellent throughout. And yes, it is marvellous to have the extra tracks and all this being presented in the correct order is also great.
However, I have a problem with this release and that is that (very brief) Clannad song "I will find you" is NOT on this CD. The reason for this is probably because they could not use the song on this Varese Sarabande score release. This is a crying shame really, because I am sure that all big fans of the film will be disappointed to hear this news.
Strangely enough, Michael Mann himself decided to cut the song from his special "Expanded Director's Edition" DVD release in the USA, so perhaps that is another potential explanation as to why the song is missing here.
In summary then, please do not let this omission put you off from buying the CD. However, for the complete Last of the Mohicans soundtrack experience, you will still need both this release and the original CD too.
Now if only someone would get round to finally releasing Michael Mann's "Manhunter" soundtrack on Compact Disc (CD) ...!

5.0 out of 5 stars Truly truly wonderful, 11 Feb 2001
This review is from: Last of the Mohicans (Audio CD)
This is definately one of the few albums or soundtracks that you'd be pushed to find a track you don't like. It's really incredible and brings back all the great scenes in the film. The slower tracks are so beatiful they almost send you into a dream world and the quicker ones , like The Kiss, get your feet tapping. A great all rounder. You will definately not be dissappointed with this, i only wish it was longer.

5.0 out of 5 stars momentous, 10 Mar 2002
i only bought this for the main theme which coupled with the end sequence is the most emotional piece of cinema ive seen. but the other tracks are also beautiful just not of the same majesty. this is a must for lovers of music full stop

5.0 out of 5 stars This is excellent, 1 Nov 2000
By A Customer
The film is brilliant and the soundtrack is exceptionally briliant and very moving. It is the best movie sondtrack I have ever listened to and I recommend any interested fan to buy this CD. I would definitely give it a 5 star rating.

5.0 out of 5 stars Not the original but its excellent .....so who cares!!, 1 Mar 2007
A. Thorpe "crossan8" (Cheadle Cheshire.) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Last of the Mohicans (Audio CD)
I was initially disappointed when I played the first track and noticed on the cover'original motion picture score'but I thought that I would give it a listen and its stunning, so if the original soundtrack is better than this then I'm a dutchman.

5.0 out of 5 stars The beginning of an era!!!, 19 Sep 2004
When I first puchased this back in the late nineties I thought this was a truly spectaculer and riveting piece of music (which it still is) It coincides with the rise of the "epic film" and their scores long since absent.
Sure there are a couple of repetive themes throughout but I do believe that is normal for this kind of soundtrack. Now when i think of colonial America I think of this kind of music which is a testament to The composers skill.
When I first saw the film I then saw it again twice more within the week and that was due in no small part to the score. It really captures the emotions of the movie and I for one am grateful for that. Was a little disapointed the track from Clannad was so short but we cant win them all.
Now being the owner of many fine Movie Scores (LOTR, Gladiator, Last Samuri and more recently the fabulous King Arthur all of which available from Amazon) I look at this soundtrack as being the forerunner of my cd collection (and a great aid to listen to whilst studying for my teaching degree!!!)
BUY IT NOW TRUST ME IT GREAT!!

5.0 out of 5 stars The best ever . . ., 15 Sep 2001
This review is from: Last of the Mohicans (Audio CD)
I have spent many years searching for this beautiful soundtrack. To me, it is the most thought prevoking and emotive music i've heard. It highlights the tragedy and romance which the movie displays so well. Every time I hear this music I get a lump in my throat . . .

5.0 out of 5 stars Mohicans, 6 Feb 2013
Heard this on Private Passions & decided I would like to hear the whole CD. Was not disappointed when I played it.

The Last Of The Mohicans