on 7 February 2013
I bought this for two reasons, 1st because im a guitarist (play both bass and 6 string) and 2nd just for general hand/wrist excercise.

I quite like the Planet Waves brand, have purchased strap locks and other things previously and have never been let down - and havent with this. This is a great item to keep with you at all times and use before/after playing or when you're just sitting around. Ive been playing for around 13 years and have always found that my little finger on my fretting hand wasnt always that strong, no matter how much i practiced. But when i started using this i found after a few days the strength and speed in all fingers had improved alot.

The thing that attracted me to this, rather than just a typical hand excerciser, was the string-like side. Even with playing for years, it helps to harden the finger tips to reduces pain and deep grooves when playing.

This was designed for guitarists, so if you're looking to keep your hands/fingers in shape for better playing, I recommend getting this one purely for that reason.
on 5 July 2013
I bought this as I've just started learning guitar and wanted to be able to strengthen my fingers while I was sat at my desk at work. I am really impressed with it. It's well made, looks good and there are different ways of using it. It definitely helps build hand muscles for playing. Really glad I bought it
on 4 September 2013
brilliant well worth getting if you are learning the guitar its great for strength and also calluses , it is adjustable for each finger has simulated strings for building & maintaining calluses beginner to expert will get use out of this.... RECOMMEND HIGHLY
on 27 August 2013
Still using. Bought because I am a beginner at acoustic guitar and finding my little finger gets stuck and doesn't want to bend and then unbend when changing chords. Does seem to be strengthening it and whole hand but will persevere for longer to see if real improvement
on 2 October 2014
Sorry but I bought this to strengthen my pinky and it was useless - at least in my case. I understood that it could be adjusted to build up resistance as your finger strengthened but alas I never got off the ground! My pinky doesn't make the slightest impression on the pressed, even at the weakest setting. Does anyone know of an alternative for weak pinky and ring finger? I can push the index and middle finger keys no bother, even at the strongest setting.
on 19 July 2013
Good quality product, bought it to up my game a bit -have not played guitar for ages. After few days of using it I can say that this is good workout . If you are a beginner this will be sufficient to get these fingers going up and down the frets like wind (after regular practice). Calus is building up nicely already. Good replacement for stress ball too. Recommended.
on 28 October 2009
I brought this item else where. When I recieved it I was very impressed. It is extrememly good value and up to yet it has suprised me. If you want to get a gripmaster I would advise this item in it's place as you are able to adjust the tension. after just 1 week of using the item I have already built up a nice Calus, And my little finger has already gotten so much stronger.

This is a highly reccommended item!!!
on 10 January 2015
Wonderful little gadget for exercising the fingers, hand, wrist and forearm. The fact that the tension on each finger push can be adjusted is a real bonus for someone who is returning to violin playing after a break of several years, and who has developed a bit of arthritus in a couple of fingers, in the meantime. Also, the rubber base grip can be removed (and positioned over the finger pushes), to reveal simulated strings running along the base to help develop and maintain finger calluses - they've thought of everything! Much, much better than the sponge balls and corks that I used at one time for exercise!
on 13 April 2014
I bought these, including Gripmaster heavy tension. These planet waves grip are just so much better. I find that you can get much better isolation with the fingers as it funnels down, rather than the whole hand grip skewing to one side with the gripmaster. I've been using this mostly one handed as I browse the net, and then switch to the other as I watch videos. I've heavily improved on my finger strength as I can exercise longer before tiring. It has been noticeable in my piano playing, very pleased

Edit: Just noticed I can change the tension on these spring, guess I missed that "adjustable". Well, bonus for me!
on 19 March 2012
Great little item, purchased mainly to gain some more strength in my hand and finger following my return to playing bass. Works very well, only criticism is the range of resistance is very small, little difference between lowest and highest settings. For the money though, very useful little thing. Also great at keeping your calluses away from the bass!