5.0 out of 5 stars AT3 trailer is close to perfect

2.0 out of 5 stars Seats too far forward
Published on 3 Feb 2012 by Kevin Waters

2.0 out of 5 stars Seats too far forward, 3 Feb 2012
This review is from: Adventure At3 Children's Two-Seater Trailer (Sports)
We bought this trailer for our children based on the other reviews and the picture on the webpage. I also read the Adventure website and researched as much as possible. It seemed just the trailer for us. However when it arrived and we erected it and our children sat in it was clear that the seat is positioned too far forward for taller children. My children are only 4 and 2 years old but none of the wording told us that the bag area at the rear (which would have been very useful) was quite large and therefore pushed the seat position forward in the trailer. This meant that our childrens faces are pressed up against the cover when it was pulled over. The seat needs to be at the back so that all types of children have head and leg room. We had to return it.

5.0 out of 5 stars AT3 trailer is close to perfect, 6 May 2010
D. Mccourt (Wales, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Adventure At3 Children's Two-Seater Trailer (Sports)
I have two children aged 4.5 and 2.5. I live on a steep hill and my little boy isn't yet confident enough to cycle to school which is just over a mile away. He's too heavy now for the bike seat we've had for the past few years so I wanted another solution. The AT3 is just great. I can take him and/or his sister for rides and they both love it. It feels really well made, study and light-weight. Towing it is easy and it fits to the bike in less than a minute (once you've put the hitch on the rear wheel quick release: itself only took 5 mins to fit). It manoeuvres well and is surprisingly easy to pull despite my two weighing a combined 34kg. I cycle my boy to and sometimes from school, and it is hard work getting up the hill but it is making me very fit and reducing my car journeys.

It is recommended to wear helmets when in the trailer but there isn't enough room for my two to do this: I donm't think they're especially tall. They are very safely strapped in anyway (there is an individual harness each and a seat belt that fits across both) and the trailer doesn't feel like it is likely to tip over. My boy is OK when on his own in it but it is a little bit snug for both of them. It is fine for now but maybe only for another 6 months to a year. After that it will be single passenger only. It has a footwell so there is enough leg-room for both and there is a lot (perhaps too much) storage space. It states it complies to an EU standard for up to 36kg but it has been tested (presumably by Adventure) to up to 45kg. I think it could take 45kg fine but there wouldn't be a lot of headroom for the passenger. You don't have to have the cover over the passengers so there would be more room but the kids tend to get a bit cold if I go a bit fast. Max speed is recommended at no more than 20mph.

My minor gripes are the bottom part at the front gets quite muddy from spray from my rear tyre. I bought the optional rain cover but this doesn't cover this bottom part either. Dirt does wipe off fairly easily but this should really be a plastic part or cover rather than canvas material. My other gripe is the rear of the trailer is grey and should really by the flourescent/lime green colour for better visibility for cars. There is a reflector on the back though. These are minor gripes.

Overall I am very happy with the trailer and would highly recommend it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Childrens Trailers, 29 Nov 2010
This review is from: Adventure At3 Children's Two-Seater Trailer (Sports)
I purchased this trailer for a week away at centre parcs to transport my two daughters around the complex, one which 1 year old and the other 3 years old. On receiving the package from Amazon the assembly of the trailer was very straight forward.
There was plenty of room in the front of the trailer for my girls, and the back compartment was very useful for carrying bags etc. Trailer was very easy to pull and move around, disconnecting from my bike is very simple. It rained all week and the trailer kept the girls dry, just make sure that you fasten/Velcro all the sides down properly, otherwise the water get in.
Trailer folds down / flat packs for easy storage in the shed, however you do have to remove the wheels from the trailer, for it to be completely flat.
All in all very satisfied with the trailer, great value for money and would recommend.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good but..., 16 May 2010
Simone Severini (Helsinki) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Adventure At3 Children's Two-Seater Trailer (Sports)
Overall, I think this item is a must have toy. Light, easy to (dis)assemble, great value for money and robust. Nevertheless, when I sit by daughter in, her helmet touches the back stand so that the head is a bit bended all the time. Most of the time I have to remove the helmet to avoid long crying.

The back stand is also too vertical, I think I'll have to modify it to make it adjustable.

Except this, very satisfied.

5.0 out of 5 stars Adventure At3 Child Alloy Two-Seater Trailer, 3 May 2011
This review is from: Adventure At3 Children's Two-Seater Trailer (Sports)
This is a great, lightweight, easy to use child trailer. Putting it togeter is very simple. It folds down virtually flat in seconds. The wheels remove very quickly by quick release ( I swapped these over to lightweight qr's myself, but I am a bike nerd!) The wheels even have alloy rims to keep the weight down. This trailer is very stable with 1 or 2 kids in, and it's decent size means that 2 toddlers have plenty of room for all their stuff. It has plenty of room in the boot space for all the baby junk it's necessary to cart around. The design of the bars running round the outside of the wheels might make the trailer seem over wide for some, but they are great for protecting the wheels when negotiating narrow spaces and gates etc. One less thing to worry about too much. I'm very pleased with ours, and friends have bought the same after seeing it. Other friends with different lighter, smaller, less robust trailers also prefer ours after comparison too.

5.0 out of 5 stars Light, durable, practical, inexpensive, receommended, 22 Aug 2010
This review is from: Adventure At3 Children's Two-Seater Trailer (Sports)
We bought this trailer to get our two children, 12 & 33 months, to and from creche and around the nearby park. We wanted a light trailer which folded up neatly and easily in our tiny shed, and which could be converted into a buggy when necessary. Oh, and it had to be pretty inexpensive too. This ticked all those boxes, and has worked out brilliantly for us. Thanks to a lovely summer, we've used it more than we ever could have imagined, and the kids love it. It also has very good "boot" space at the back.

In terms of negatives, there aren't many, they are all minor, and most have to do with using it as a regular buggy. It's not the greatest regular buggy in the world, as it's inevitably very wide and hard to steer, but for casual outdoor use it's fine. The buggy adapter also adds a lot more time to your assembly.

Overall, I highly recommend it. Hope you get the weather to go with it!

5.0 out of 5 stars Paid for itself several times over, 1 Aug 2012
Sean (Devon, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Adventure At3 Children's Two-Seater Trailer (Sports)
We bought one of these about 6 months ago and used it for the school run in anything but the very finest of weather (we'd walk), plus some weekend shopping / adventure trips. Our kids are now 6 and 4, so are a bit of a squeeze and quite a load! The larger of the two is about 120cm, so cover and head are in contact until sleep comes. They both fall asleep in the trailer at times and won't walk anywhere if going in the trailer is an option. The trailer is a little grubby after 6 months and there's not much paint left on the sides of the aluminium frame, but otherwise it's as good as new.

My only complaint is not really about the trailer: both houses we've lived since buying the trailer have gates too narrow to roll the trailer through. It's quite wide and having to carry it with the cover folded flat from/to the dis/embarkation point can be annoying, though I couldn't imagine how something this large and robust could be made lighter or easier to carry.

The cover only keeps out light rain and dust. All our bikes have full-sized 'proper' rear mudguards (don't know how anybody can ride a bike without mudguards - it'd be like sandals without socks), so we can pull the trailer without the cover without spraying dirt over the kids. The cover itself lets in water slowly in anything but the lightest rain. In heavy rain water drips in through the stitching for the roll-up strips for the 'windscreen' and 'sun-roof'. Wet, overgrown vegetation on the side of cyclepaths can drop plenty of water through the gap at the side of the windscreen too.

Three things make me reluctant to buy the rain cover Adventure Rain Cover For At3 / St3 for the trailer: the kids have almost outgrown the trailer and are now riding bikes of their own; it actually wasn't that bad in the rain apart from a couple of slow drips which the kids quickly learned to deal with and in wet weather the inside of the trailer can get quite steamed-up - I'd worry about the kids getting wet with sweat if there was less ventilation. We added a couple of fleece blankets when there was snow / frost on the ground, but feeling cold was never a reported problem like being too warm frequently is.

I usually pull this trailer with an elderly Halfords ANC Peugeot racing bike that has had 3x7 gears fitted. There is a short 1:4 uphill section near our house which I would find impossible without a 'granny gear'. Other than that, I can't imagine a bike that *wouldn't* be able to pull this trailer. It's quite simply one of the best things I've ever bought for the bike.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great trailer, 17 July 2011
K. Robertson - See all my reviews
This review is from: Adventure At3 Children's Two-Seater Trailer (Sports)
My kids love this trailer, plenty of room for them and plenty of storage space in the back, The only problem I had was with the kids bike helmets, the helmet touched the back of the seat forcing their head forward, I solved this by getting the kids skate/BMX helmets

4.0 out of 5 stars Good trailer, 9 Jun 2011
This review is from: Adventure At3 Children's Two-Seater Trailer (Sports)
Trailer is nice and light and tows well. Easy enough to put together and quality of materials and finish is good.
Our Daughter likes it on the road. Not so keen about the bumps on trails though. Plenty space for a bit of shopping and a few bears etc.
The only negative things I can say about it are,
1. perhaps the seatbelts could have been better. Shoulder straps are not padded and tend to fall down. We've not tried 2 in it yet as our youngest is still too young.
2. We purchased the optional front wheel for converting into a buggy/stroller. It seemed to be very difficult to get the front wheel running straight and was very annoying when trying to push it as it kept going to one side. Some mechanism for fine tuning might be a good idea

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic Child bike trailer, 14 Aug 2011
This review is from: Adventure At3 Children's Two-Seater Trailer (Sports)
Absolutely fantastic product cannot stop using it. Arrived promptly. Light weight and very well constructed, easy to assemble after first instruction (the tab washers on the wheels can be a little tricky at first but soon got it sorted) Ample room at rear of trailer to carry cool bags, and a whole host of other items for a days cycling. Plenty of room at the front to carry my 2 and 5 year old it,they love it with side pockets to carry their drinks and snacks. The seat section can fold down to use as a trailer only. Comes with a shower proof cover that can be rolled up at the front. Trailer tows very well on flat and gradient (with the correct gearing) and is quick and easy to connect and disconnect from cycle (comes with 1 cycle attachment bracket) I reccommend purchasing a second bracket to share the towing. I have carried the trailer in my hatchback and estate car with no major problems I fold the trailer down remove the wheels and secure it flat against the rear seats of car using a bungee strap. Highly recommended product and will use time and time again.