5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent value trailer, 15 Nov 2011
R. Fry (UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Adventure At1 Fast-Fold Child Alloy Single-Seater Trailer (Sports)
We purchased this trailer over 3 years ago for approximately 250 (not from amazon)and were very suprised at the quality,both of the construction and of the materials used. The frame is a reasonably lightweight alloy cage,covered with a fairly heavy duty canvas shell featuring a mesh front opening panel with clear plastic cover.Quality of stitching on our example was amongst the best i have seen on this type of trailer and ours endured Three years of pretty heavy use with no problems. We purchased the rain cover but rarely used it,as we found that water penetration in all but the most torrential of downpours was minimal and,after treating the fabric and seams with sealant,was almost non existant. The seat of the trailer is made of the same material as the shell with a little padding and mesh,and is suspended between the frame,hamock style,to provide a very rudimentary form of suspension which seems to work well enough.Wheels & tyres are of a high standard,with smooth running sealed bearings on alloy rims and hubs and rustless spokes,whilst the tyres are light,good quality affairs.We also bought the stroller kit,which was easy to fit and was used extensively. One additional point to bear in mind when buying a trailer is that,in our experience,spares and accessories for Adventure trailers are inexpensive and,more importantly,actually available!. This doesnt seem to be the case for many other makes i.e. Burley,Chariot,Croozer etc which,even when you can locate spares are horredously expensive! There are a few minor criticisms,the frame could possibly lose a little weight-however it is still considerably lighter than most steel framed trailers-and a pushbar mounted brake would be a welcome addition(there are a couple of webbing straps provided to chock the wheels if you are going to stop for any length of time),however for the price these are moot points and i think you would have to spend,at the very least,twice the amount we paid to see any significant increase in performance and construction. To sum up,i think the current Amazon asking price is something of a bargain and although there are cheaper trailers around such as those found in H******s,they are best avoided,as their poor construction and excessive use of plastics will,ultimately,leave you frustrated and wishing you had spent a bit more in the first place!
We now have a Winther trailer,that cost over 1000 but the improvements are not as tangible as the price difference would suggest(the law of diminishing returns i suppose!)and we have fond memories of many happy days out with our Adventure trailer.

5.0 out of 5 stars Wow - perfect and worth the extra, 31 Oct 2012
Hello,

I really wasn't sure that spending 100 more on this vs other cheaper items would be worth it. Although I haven't seen the other cheaper items I can say this;

The adventure at1 is built to a perfect high standard
No annoying misfiring parts
Very strong
Very lightweight
Hight quality fittings
Seat is super comfortable and very well cushioned
Tyres are high quality and they are balanced very well and spin forever

Would highly recommend to anyone who can afford the extra and wants a no compromise high quality child trailer

5.0 out of 5 stars Trailers, 24 Nov 2011
Very good product, only one disadvantage is the room for head on this single version ,it is too small. I'm using it everyday to take my precious to the nursery and from there to shopping , so I use stroller kit as well. I will recommend it to my friends . Easy to travel with it even in the tube or train, i have had no problems use stairs when no help around , you coud roll wheels over, easy foldable, not to heavy. Only flag holder should be much more solid, its getting tear appart. My daughter love it . As an future advise - seat back holder should be more reclined so give it more sitting comfort and also some kind of brakes would be useful when used as stroller . To add some suspension on the wheels may make much more comfortable for the child as well , but I understand it will be different price.