5.0 out of 5 stars Amazon is a great delivery service.
I ordered this bag on the Tuesday morning and it was delivered the next morning!!! I love this bag. It is lightweight so doesn't hurt your back before you put anything in it. It's nice and roomy so can get all that I need in it. The zips are really sturdy and can be opened and closed with one hand, great especially if you have a heavy shopping bag in the other hand...
Published on 16 Mar 2011 by Susan

3.0 out of 5 stars Thought it was fake....
I still have my suspicions.... So I'd double check your purchase with Kipling records, I did and apparently mine is real, but if it's real then the stitching is a bit naff, and the monkey is a bit awful, the eyes are horribly wonky and theres glue on the monkey's fur and feet and ears. It's kinda disappointing since this bag cost so much.... I recommend buying a cheaper...
Published 15 months ago by chocolate rain

‹ Previous | 1 2 352 | Next ›

4.0 out of 5 stars love the print, 3 Feb 2012
Ginger "Crazy Curry" (N.Ireland) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)
My other Kipling bags are plain coloured and I wanted something different that would team up with my summer sandals as well as winter footwear, this print is ideal for both. It is a shoulder or crossbody style that is not as deep as my others but sits flatter to the body and has loads of space. On the front there are two zipped compartments that are handy for passports and tickets while travelling and the main bag has two separate zippers on top so you can keep your purse and valuables close to hand. There are two pen holders in this particular bag and the usual keyfob which I always find very useful. A further zipped pocket is inside as well as phone pocket and one I normally use for a mirror. Very good bargain price, I`m gathering up quite a collection of Kipling and have not been disappointed in any way.

5.0 out of 5 stars love kipling bags, 4 Jan 2012
I have many kipling bags first one i got was a small back pack to take on the plane with me to the usa
loved it havnt stopped buying this make the Alvar is a great bag use it for work everyday holds everything i need

4.0 out of 5 stars Alvar Shoulder Bag, 24 Jan 2011
I bought this as a birthday present for my elderley mother who does tend to cram a lot into her bag. Everything fits perfectly with room to spare. She loves it. The only thing that stops me getting another one for myself is that the shoulder strap is not quite long enough for me to wear it comfortanly as a cross body bag.

This is the first Kipling bag I have bought, but I'm sure it won't be the last.

4.0 out of 5 stars I love this bag!, 28 Feb 2012
I should start by admitting I am a bit of Kipling fan-girl, but the fabric of this bag just makes it that little bit different from the normal Kipling canvas bags, so I love this one even more!

As usual there are a vast array of pockets so you can safely pack away everything you need to carry with you, yet access quickly. The adjustable strap means you can wear it across body or over your shoulder, depending on your mood or need.

It's small enough that it's not like carrying round a sack but big enough to fit those "essentials" plus the odd book without the bag expanding too much and getting too bulky. In fact, if you pack it carefully, it stays very slim...

Oh and the price was just right too!

5.0 out of 5 stars Fab!, 1 Oct 2011
Mrs. G. L. Howarth (uk) - See all my reviews
I already had a Kipling bag but it was getting a little too small, so I'd been trying to decide between this one and the fairfax. Well I def made the right choice, you can put loads in this and it doesnt seem bulky. I would recommend it. Still like the look of the fairfax one so probs will get that too.

5.0 out of 5 stars My favorite kipling so far!, 8 May 2012
This review is from: Kipling Womens Alvar Shoulder Bag (Apparel)
I am a HUGE Kipling fan.I have many bags of many sizes and many colors.

When I saw this bag-in Tangerine Block......I HAD to have it. I tried and tried to talk myself out of it. (ok-didn't try THAT hard....but-I DID hesitate!)I have a fab Kipling Keefe bag in Antique fuchsia for for summer-so really didn't NEED a new bag.

I decided to sleep on it....after drooling for several days over the beauty that is this bag.

I got up the next day-and low and behold-there was a 25% VOUCHER CODE in my email box!

YEAH BABY!

So.....I bought her. (note-Kipling bags are not its or him.....they are useful, beautiful, and strong-so OBVIOUSLY female)

She arrived this morning (purchased Friday-recieved Tuesday after a bank holiday-pretty amazing for FREE SHIPPING!)I am beyond thrilled with her. The colors are beautiful, vibrant and fun for summer colors! I had not seen the Alvar anywhere so wasn't sure about the size. I need not have worried-it is the perfect everday bag size. I can fit everything I need for average day-and then some. It fits perfectly over my ample figure-and lies flat. It hangs well as a shoulder bag too!

Oh....and the monkey......two tone fluffy monkey wearing sunglasses! Perfect companion to the perfect bag.

I can see this bag being a firm favorite for YEARS to come! (lets face it-they last FOREVER!)

I would like to say-also, the price was better then any website I saw-take of the 25% and I got me a bargin, girls!

If you are thinking about buying this bag-DO IT!!!!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic bag - and perfectly iPad sized, 20 Dec 2012
D. Scougall (Scotland) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Kipling Womens Alvar Shoulder Bag (Apparel)
This really is a wonderful bag and is frequently admired. I bought it specifically because it is a perfect size for an iPad (in a case). My iPad lives in the rear main pocket and the front main pocket is for my everyday handbag stuff. People can't believe it when I produce an iPad from a bag this size. I have it purple but might just buy another one in black.

5.0 out of 5 stars Kipling Bag, 25 Jan 2011
This review is from: Kipling Womens Alvar Shoulder Bag (Apparel)
I bought this bag as having small children I wanted a bag that goes across my body so I have free hands for them. The bag is perfect with plenty of room and lots of pockets to put all you need.

I am sorry that I didn't get one of these sooner. They are highly recommended to anyone with small children

5.0 out of 5 stars The best travel bag I have owned, 13 Aug 2013
As a confirmed Kipling fan, I've had my eye on an Alvar bag for ages, but was a little worried that its super-slim shape wouldn't suit me as I tend to carry quite a lot of stuff. I was wrong! Having bought a standard sized Alvar in black for a recent long-haul holiday, I've discovered that it is the best travel handbag I've ever owned.

Some bags work well over one shoulder, some work best across body, but very few excel at both. This is one of the rare few. No matter how much stuff I pack into it, the Alvar sits comfortably in either position (and I am both tall and curvily built), looking neat and discreet. I was travelling in a country where you don't ever relax about the whereabouts of your valuables, and the Alvar felt secure and appropriate at all times. All the compartments have full, built-in zips and you can keep them all under your hand whether the bag is over one shoulder or across the body. In addition, the inside zip pocket in the rear main compartment is of a really good size, big enough for a medium sized travel wallet, passport, tickets, driving licence and so on.

The real revelation is how much this lightweight, eminently packable bag can hold. I have spent two weeks using it for: wallet, passport and sometimes a Kindle in the rear main pocket; two phones, notebook, pen, small travel guide and a small water bottle in the second big compartment; tissues, lip balm, tablets and the like in the middle outside pocket and camera plus two spare batteries in the small pocket at the bottom. It sometimes held my scarf as well, and never showed the strain. Best of all, when checking in on the more strict airlines, the bag squashes completely flat and slips down the edge of a pocket in your carry-on, emerging as you board the plane to hold everything you need on the flight on your lap under the tray table... Then, once you reach your destination you can sling it across your body, keeping a hold of the zips, in busy markets, shorten the strap and wear it over one shoulder when heading out to a restaurant and perch it discretely at the end of the bench or table when you're eating. If you really want to be inconspicuous and less of a target, you can hide the Kipling logo and zips by wearing it the wrong way round against your body.

I own lots of Kipling bags, but this will be the one I take on every holiday from now on. A winner.

4.0 out of 5 stars Love this bag, 31 July 2013
Absolutely fabulous bag, plenty of room and really nice looking, love the key strap thingy and all the pockets and zips. However, only one glitch and that is when in Las Vegas on a very hot day in a red top, the red colour actually ran into the bag. Can't actually blame the bag but just be aware that it seems to stain quite easily and despite our best efforts, it is still pink on the inside, zips and strap where it was near my t-shirt. Not so noticeable but still a shame and very disappointed as hadn't had it long!

‹ Previous | 1 2 352 | Next ›