5.0 out of 5 stars Amazon is a great delivery service.
I ordered this bag on the Tuesday morning and it was delivered the next morning!!! I love this bag. It is lightweight so doesn't hurt your back before you put anything in it. It's nice and roomy so can get all that I need in it. The zips are really sturdy and can be opened and closed with one hand, great especially if you have a heavy shopping bag in the other hand...
Published on 16 Mar. 2011 by Susan

3.0 out of 5 stars Thought it was fake....
Published 20 months ago by chocolate rain

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazon is a great delivery service., 16 Mar. 2011
I ordered this bag on the Tuesday morning and it was delivered the next morning!!! I love this bag. It is lightweight so doesn't hurt your back before you put anything in it. It's nice and roomy so can get all that I need in it. The zips are really sturdy and can be opened and closed with one hand, great especially if you have a heavy shopping bag in the other hand!
Will be ordering more things on Amazon as they are also cheaper than the shops which is a bonus.

5.0 out of 5 stars My forever handbag, 22 Jun. 2013
I was a little dubious about this bag. I usually carry what is effectively the handbag version of a steamer trunk, so this looked more like something that should go inside my regular bag. I am sorry, but if there comes a day that I need that coral lipstick I bought on a whim in Switzerland 6 years ago and only ever wore as a swatch on my hand in the store, and I don't have it, I simply wouldn't ever forgive myself. Just like I wouldn't be able to forgive myself if I ever need a sewing kit / plaster / blister plaster / headache tablet / face wipe / toothpick / spare pay as you go mobile from a different provider / extra stockings / teasing brush / hairspray / green concealer ... And who on earth ever leaves the house in England without a spare umbrella? A crazy person, that's who! So, the point being that this bag looked, from the photos, miniscule. But I figured an extra Kipling bag would justify the insane next day delivery costs, so I ordered this with the Defea.

Well, used it for the first time today, and it is like a bag made of fairy wings and angel hair - in other words, it's a magic bag! Everything is in there, and yet it's not mutated into a mishappen ball shape, it's still flat, sitting snugly on my hip. It apparently transforms into flubber on the inside - everything slots into place perfectly. It's the ultimate one hand bag. Reach in, find phone / ipod/change purse/bus ticket ...Whatever dark arts Kipling employed to make this wondrous thing, I'm going to have to say I am willing to take my chances that an evil sea witch might demand my voice in return for it's magic. I sound like Fran Drescher and Janice off' Friends' illegitimate child anyway, so I think it's Ursula 0 and me FTW.

This bag is amazing. It's wonderful. It's the thing that was missing from your life that you never knew was missing.It's the thing that makes up for all those empty promises of slimmer thighs / bigger softer hair / unnaturally long eyelashes or a thing that removes hair as small as a grain of sand (pah - do NOT get me started on that nonsense!) It just works, it fits, it's a bloody marvel. I even ran home this evening with it and it didn't bounce around like a possessed possum.

My one and only criticism is that the zips are the wrong way around ...? I wear my bag on the left, and that means the zips open back to front. I am sure I can unlearn 20+ years of behaviour in zips given how amazing the bag, but it is a very curious thing. I plan to buy this exact bag in every single colour. Gonna take me 20 years at my salary, but it's a labour of love.Given that the wind and rain has returned to the North West, I am sure I shall have ample opportunity to test once and for all if Kipling bags are water resistant. I sure hope so - otherwise I will have 28 Kipling bags that I can only use for 4, maybe 4.5 days a year!

5.0 out of 5 stars Kilping Bag, 2 Sept. 2011
Kipling Women's Alvar ShoulderbagsThis item arrived really quickly and was it perfect condition, It a little larger than I thought, but will be great for me to get all my stuff in for a day out shopping with girls

5.0 out of 5 stars The best travel bag I have owned, 13 Aug. 2013
As a confirmed Kipling fan, I've had my eye on an Alvar bag for ages, but was a little worried that its super-slim shape wouldn't suit me as I tend to carry quite a lot of stuff. I was wrong! Having bought a standard sized Alvar in black for a recent long-haul holiday, I've discovered that it is the best travel handbag I've ever owned.

Some bags work well over one shoulder, some work best across body, but very few excel at both. This is one of the rare few. No matter how much stuff I pack into it, the Alvar sits comfortably in either position (and I am both tall and curvily built), looking neat and discreet. I was travelling in a country where you don't ever relax about the whereabouts of your valuables, and the Alvar felt secure and appropriate at all times. All the compartments have full, built-in zips and you can keep them all under your hand whether the bag is over one shoulder or across the body. In addition, the inside zip pocket in the rear main compartment is of a really good size, big enough for a medium sized travel wallet, passport, tickets, driving licence and so on.

The real revelation is how much this lightweight, eminently packable bag can hold. I have spent two weeks using it for: wallet, passport and sometimes a Kindle in the rear main pocket; two phones, notebook, pen, small travel guide and a small water bottle in the second big compartment; tissues, lip balm, tablets and the like in the middle outside pocket and camera plus two spare batteries in the small pocket at the bottom. It sometimes held my scarf as well, and never showed the strain. Best of all, when checking in on the more strict airlines, the bag squashes completely flat and slips down the edge of a pocket in your carry-on, emerging as you board the plane to hold everything you need on the flight on your lap under the tray table... Then, once you reach your destination you can sling it across your body, keeping a hold of the zips, in busy markets, shorten the strap and wear it over one shoulder when heading out to a restaurant and perch it discretely at the end of the bench or table when you're eating. If you really want to be inconspicuous and less of a target, you can hide the Kipling logo and zips by wearing it the wrong way round against your body.

I own lots of Kipling bags, but this will be the one I take on every holiday from now on. A winner.

5.0 out of 5 stars Kipling womans shoulder bag, 23 July 2012
stylish, roomy, comfortable to wear either on your shoulder or across the body with pockets for mobile phone,slots for pens and a fob for your keys.

5.0 out of 5 stars This is 'the one' - it's like a tardis! (Dr Who fan), 10 April 2013
I have bought so many bags over the years trying to find 'the one' that my husband has trained my sons to keep me away from the bag shops! Sneaked this one past their radar as still wasn't satisfied with my own bag.

I'm a bit fussy about my bags (as you may now be aware) but I must say I do like this bag. It is definitely with me for the long haul.
I looked at all the reviews before buying a kipling bag and choose the one that was described as 'medium'.
Going from a large bag to a smaller one I was worried that I would find it cramped, but, once I binned the junk I really didn't need, everything fitted in perfectly with room to spare in case you want to sneak large packets of sweets into the cinema.
True Blue works out to be navy blue. It's made from nylon so is light. The zips are made of metal and of good quality and you can adjust the strap to where ever you want it. (no holes in strap).
One of the main compartments has a key holder made of material, so no groping around in your bag for the keys, and a large make up pocket and plenty of room for a purse/wallet. The other compartment has a mobile pocket big enough for a large mobile, two pen pockets and another pocket that fits my near sited glasses and is large enough for many other things. The two pockets at the front are large enough for extra keys/make-up/receipts/tissues etc.
The bag is truly 'the tardis' of bags. Even fully laden it's not bulky and annoying.
Love the monkey key chain and have kept it on (even though I'm mid 40s).

Would thoroughly recommend this bag.

4.0 out of 5 stars love the print, 3 Feb. 2012
Ginger "Crazy Curry" (N.Ireland) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)
My other Kipling bags are plain coloured and I wanted something different that would team up with my summer sandals as well as winter footwear, this print is ideal for both. It is a shoulder or crossbody style that is not as deep as my others but sits flatter to the body and has loads of space. On the front there are two zipped compartments that are handy for passports and tickets while travelling and the main bag has two separate zippers on top so you can keep your purse and valuables close to hand. There are two pen holders in this particular bag and the usual keyfob which I always find very useful. A further zipped pocket is inside as well as phone pocket and one I normally use for a mirror. Very good bargain price, I`m gathering up quite a collection of Kipling and have not been disappointed in any way.

4.0 out of 5 stars Bigger than it looks!, 12 Nov. 2011
This review is from: Kipling Women's Alvar Shoulder Bag (Shoes)
I received this bag quickly but was a little disappointed when I opened it as it seemed quite small but boy does it hold a lot! Plenty of pockets for everyday things like my purse, phone, keys, books, pens etc. This bag has definitely grown on me and I wouldn't be without it now.
The only bad thing I can find to say is the positioning of the zips. When I wear it on my left shoulder it opens from back to front which I find inconvenient and a little worrying from a security point of view but it's not such a problem if worn across the body.

5.0 out of 5 stars best bag i have ever bought!, 28 Jan. 2011
This review is from: Kipling Women's Alvar Shoulder Bag (Shoes)
This bag is the best ,i love across the body bags and this is perfect,holds lots of junk and more !

3.0 out of 5 stars Thought it was fake...., 9 Sept. 2013
I still have my suspicions.... So I'd double check your purchase with Kipling records, I did and apparently mine is real, but if it's real then the stitching is a bit naff, and the monkey is a bit awful, the eyes are horribly wonky and theres glue on the monkey's fur and feet and ears. It's kinda disappointing since this bag cost so much.... I recommend buying a cheaper bag, it'll be of the same sort of quality you'll just be sacrificing the kipling label, worth the sacrifice to go cheaper imo. But if you choose this; CALL KIPLING OR EMAIL THEM TO DOUBLE CHECK THE REFERENCE NUMBERS ON THE WHITE LABEL INSIDE THE BAG!!!!!

Kipling Women's Alvar Shoulder Bag