5.0 out of 5 stars An excellent barbecue
Published on 29 April 2010 by A. Naylor

2.0 out of 5 stars Does not live up to the expectation
We have had this BBQ now for 3 months and have used it about 5-6 times. It cooks well, it has enough space to move things around as they cook or burn. On that score it does what a good BBQ should.

I can't fault it for size and packability in a full car off to the beach or going camping, which is the main reason for choosing this model.

On the down...
Published on 14 Aug. 2009 by Thomas Dixon

5.0 out of 5 stars An excellent barbecue, 29 April 2010
A. Naylor "Aspirant" (London) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Hotspot - Notebook Portable BBQ (Garden & Outdoors)
We bought this barbecue because it sounded like fun. It truly is we used it all of last summer and yes, it does bend out of shape after getting extremely hot, it does lose some of the paintwork. On the other hand we had a barbecue for seven people with chicken, burgers , sausages etc. It used far less coal than a traditional barbecue and it was a talking point. How can something so small be so efficient? It was clean safe easy to look after and is sitting waiting for another fun filled summer. It is the most economic and efficient barbecue since the hibachi we had in the 1970s.

4.0 out of 5 stars Excellent product, 29 May 2009
Annabel Parkin (UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Hotspot - Notebook Portable BBQ (Garden & Outdoors)
excellent product - great for quick family BBQ. Use largish charcoal bricks with it as the smallpieces fall through the holes!

2.0 out of 5 stars Does not live up to the expectation, 14 Aug. 2009
Thomas Dixon (Reading, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Hotspot - Notebook Portable BBQ (Garden & Outdoors)

On the down side, the grill racks are already very warped, they get very hot and are not strong enough to withstand the heat. In addition the paint has scorched and burnt on the outside. I find the gaps between the grill wires and on the fire rack are too wide and food slips in to the fire and coals drop down, such as when you are spreading them out once up to temperature.

All in all a great idea that is good for a few uses but not something that I expect to last for more than 20 uses at the current rate of deterioration. I guess any highly specialised design at a cheap price has to make some compromises, you get what you pay for. Next time, I am going to buy something like a Weber, twice the price but built to last, which this ain't.

4.0 out of 5 stars Simple, sleek, efficient, 10 Oct. 2008
Lenny "Writer, beerdrinker, dogwalker" (London) - See all my reviews
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)
I took one of these camping last June. It folded up so thin it could lie on the floor of the car boot taking up practically zero space. On site it was up in about twenty seconds, fill it up with quicklighting charcoal, drop a match in, sit back and open a beer. In 5 mins I was cooking pasta in a big pan and in 20 I was grilling steak. It was brilliant and simple and ideal for a no-fires camping ground as it kept the heat off the grass. I have to admit I broke one bar of the grill by poking it too hard when it was hot and brittle. Also after a week of using the unit as a bbq at the start of the evening and bonfire the rest of the night it was looking a bit grey and warped. But I was delighted I'd brought it and was sorry when I had to leave it behind (my mate lumbered me with his son's suitcase! Tchoh!)

4.0 out of 5 stars great bbq, 20 July 2010
This review is from: Hotspot - Notebook Portable BBQ (Garden & Outdoors)
This is such a great design, it folds up to nothing so is perfect for camping. It has a tray for the coals to sit on so there is plenty of room for air to circulate underneath. This space also catches all the falling ash so it keeps the ground completely clean. My only concern is that after many uses the construction won't hold up as some of the joints look a little weak and the grill a bit warped but we've used it as a barbecue and as a fire and so far it's great.

4.0 out of 5 stars Notebook BBQ, 8 Jan. 2010
This review is from: Hotspot - Notebook Portable BBQ (Garden & Outdoors)
Very pleased with this BBQ. Can't believe how small it packs down. Well packaged for posting.

5.0 out of 5 stars Portable BBQ, 15 July 2009
Su (Midlands) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Hotspot - Notebook Portable BBQ (Garden & Outdoors)
We love this bbq - once we worked out where to put the coals, it was really easy to use, has a large cooking area and is simple to clean. It folds away as new when cool. Great buy.

5.0 out of 5 stars Easy to use, 22 Jun. 2010
This review is from: Hotspot - Notebook Portable BBQ (Garden & Outdoors)
The barbecue was delivered almost straight away - it arrived about two days after I ordered it which was brilliant. Easy to use and easy to clean afterwards, although you have to let it cool down. If you're going to take it out to use, make sure to take something to put the ashes into, because you can't fold them up along with the barbie and you wouldn't want to just leave all the mess out in your chosen beauty spot.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great value for money, 13 May 2015
baldmosher (Manchester, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Hotspot - Notebook Portable BBQ (Garden & Outdoors)
Fantastic value, and a simple design, although it's finally starting to warp after 4 or 5 years of occasional use as a firepit (don't do this!) but it's certainly still usable for a good while yet. For the money and convenience you can't really do better. One possible criticism is that the 3-way grille is tricky to handle but that's the price you pay for it flat-packing.

We've since replaced it with a Waber BBQ which is much more sturdy but also much more expensive

3.0 out of 5 stars not really practical enough, 7 Jun. 2012
This review is from: Hotspot - Notebook Portable BBQ (Garden & Outdoors)
Not a bad little BBQ for the money. When opened up had open holes at both ends where the charcoal just spilled out. The cross members that fold out just kept flopping back which weas irritating. Need to fill up with a lot of charcoal to get up to cooking temperature. Variable grill heights would have been useful. Not the best really. Probably just as good to buy a large disposable BBQ next time. Maybe could balance this on the Folding one would be best I think.

Hotspot - Notebook Portable BBQ