on 22 April 2013
I rarely give feedback but this item deserves it. I give it 5 stars for design, quality and value for money even though there are many cheaper trike/bikes on the market.

I wanted it delivered to Portugal. No problems, arrived when stated. and well packed.
Assembly was easy and the quality was exceptional in both finish and design.

I wanted a design that was safe and capable of modification from a trike to a bike as my grandchildren grew and could meet the current size requirements of both my 1 year and 3 year old grandsons.

The large wheel size plus its back axle length, the beautiful wooden body design that added not only a low centre point of gravity for stability but was also capable of adjustment for ages from 1 to 6 and its ability to modify to a bike makes this design a winner.

But would it fly with my grandsons, which is always hard to judge?
My eldest grandson already had a small peddle bike with stabilizers which he could ride but the youngest had never tried to ride a trike or a bike before.
We have a wide 15 meter patio and with two pots of geraniums placed one at each end we made our own race track.

Day 1, getting either of our grandchildren to ride the trike was disappointing as they both got on with our encouragement and pushed it with our help for 6 meters and then got off and chased each other on foot as running was faster! Typical boys!

Day 2, the eldest preferred his bike because he could already peddle and could ring his bell but he did show the youngest that the trike works. The peddle bike was too big for our youngest to even get on and although he sat on the trike now and again he kept going to the bike to ring its bell.

Day 3, I added a bell to the trike. It was like magic, both fought over who should be on it.

By day 5 the youngest had mastered both steering and pushing the trike around the circuit unaided and the eldest was putting in faster lap times than he could achieve on his bike and just loved it.

Day 7 the youngest could keep up with his older brother's bike and they enjoyed chasing each other around the patio.

It was a great success and both went home to UK from their 2 week holiday in Portugal competent in both steering and propelling the trike, which I attribute to the sense of security and stability that this trike design provided. It is a beautiful design which not only looks good but functions brilliantly.

The only proposed improvement and essential add on is a bell.
It's a bit like owning a Dyson, not cheap but worth every penny.
on 1 July 2012
An absolutely lovely thing, in absolutely lovely packaging. My daughter got to grips with it easily at 14 months... BUT it is huge, requiring more storage space than our micralite buggy and my god it is a pain in the bum at the park. As soon as madam has lost interest in riding it and it comes to carrying the thing home I desperately wish I had saved my money and bought an ugly but portable scuttlebug. She's 2 now to it's going up to the grandparents to live in the garage, and a scooter is on order!
on 7 July 2014
My 1.5 year son loved it right from the first round. He got used to it and now is speeding everywhere with the 'trike' stage. It is pretty much offroader compared to other trikes so... good stuff. Expensive - yes, but well worth the stretch. I have read reviews as it was heavy to carry back home when child was bored so I agree it is a bit heavy and bulky for long walks but I found a way to carry it by placing my hand just underneath the seat which brings it to a kind of balance 'mode'. It is in wood so not feather light either (6-7kg in trike mode)
Overall good quality and design product, easy enough to asemble - I can only recommend.
on 19 April 2015
Not as big a hit as I thought. My son is tall and kept hitting his heels on the 3 wheel position but wasn't strong enough to keep it upright (quite heavy!!) on two wheels. He was 2.5 when we bought this. Unfortunate because it is a beautiful bike - very well made! Maybe it would work well for a more petite child??
on 27 July 2014
Beautifully made and cleverly designed. My small 2 year old needed the lowest setting but had the basic idea within 30 mins. It has taken him longer to get the idea of watching where he is going. We have races now, me on my wheelchair him on his Wishbone. Please don't be put off by the price, you are getting a quality item that will last years and can be handed down generations if you look after and maintain it.
on 17 January 2015
I bought this for my granddaughter for her Christmas present she is 23 months old. The bike came as a flat pack after my son and I put the bike together we put her on it and she was off it was amassing.
It's a really good concept the way the bike can be used by changing the wheels and the frame so she will get lots of years uses from this well made and designed toy.
on 7 July 2015
We bought this alongside a scramblebug for our 18mo daughter. She loves both but I adore this!! It's well built, was easy to put together and will last a long time! The only problem we have is storage as it's rather large!
on 6 June 2011
I bought this bike for my 18 month old son & he loves it. He has had other trikes before but this one is definitely the one of choice. It is expensive but I feel it is worth it. The seat can be adjusted in height as the child grows and it's very easy to mount unlike a lot of other bikes for toddlers.
on 26 August 2014
Brilliant little bike. This was a 2nd birthday present for my son and he just loves it. He took to riding it right away and we've struggled to get him off it since !!

Only thing I'd say is that I think a 12 month old might struggle to get their feet on the ground, unless they are quite tall - my son is average height for a 2 yr old and is about perfect height for the lowest setting.

It has proper blow-up tires and lots of settings so my son will get many years of use from it.

Well built and sturdy, and very easy to put together.
on 13 May 2013
This bike is perfect for our 22 month old son. He jumped on the three-wheeler version and took off (learning to steer in a day, stopping, however, is still a negotiation due to his new found love of speed not the design of the bike!). Once we have mastered stopping I would think that at 2 years old he will be ready for the two-wheel set-up. The quality is excellent and it was easy to assemble. Totally recommended. It is a large bike (compared to other versions) so you do need to have space to store it. We live on an island that has many cobble-stoned paths (and roads with potholes) so the large wheels and sturdy frame has been well tested and come up trumps.

See one answered question