4.0 out of 5 stars Milliput
Milliput is an extremely versatile putty and can be smoothed down with water whilst sculpting to ensure a smooth finish.
It is a little sticky when first mixed, but after a while becomes less so.

Once left overnight it turns rock solid and can be drilled and sanded to fine tune any extra detail.
This is a great price for this product, considering that...
Published on 18 Nov. 2010 by Rob

3.0 out of 5 stars Lot cheaper than a new heated towel rail
Used this to fix a heated towel rail: a pinprick leak in the weld where one of the horizontal bars joins one of the uprights. It was easy to mix (I followed the advice to wear disposable gloves) and apply and worked first time. Posts on several of the DIY boards advise "don't bother - replace the towel rail and have done with it", and I do accept that the leak might be...
Published on 20 Feb. 2012 by Oh Mr Jelly

4.0 out of 5 stars Milliput, 18 Nov. 2010
This review is from: Milliput Standard Yellow-Grey 113.4g Pack (Toy)
It is a little sticky when first mixed, but after a while becomes less so.

This is a great price for this product, considering that it is nearly £5.00 a pack from most "hobby" stores and is also
a much cheaper (and in my opinion better) alternative to "green stuff".

Milliput Standard Yellow-Grey 113.4g Pack

5.0 out of 5 stars Not just a toy, 23 July 2011
This review is from: Milliput Standard Yellow-Grey 113.4g Pack (Toy)
I have found this product useful as an all round filler and repairer. I did not buy it for its "toy" features. I have used it to repair various things in the past, since it is easily moulded, and easily sanded afterwards. And you can just cut off what you need, and rewrap what's left for use later. I have found very useful, and have bought an extra pack for my son, who I am sure will find it useful as he has now moved into a new (Old) house, and there will be lots of minor repairs to be fixed. Last thing I used it for was to reduce the size of oversize holes in metal brackets. Filled the holes with Milliput, allowed to set, and then drilled to size I wanted. Save a lot of hassle. If you are in a real hurry, you can speed up the setting process with heat. I sometimes very carefully use a heat gun. I guess a hair dryer on its hottest setting could also be used.

5.0 out of 5 stars I love this stuff. It's so versatile, 22 April 2013
Mum's Bits (Witham, Essex) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Milliput Standard Yellow-Grey 113.4g Pack (Toy)
Lots of people see milliput as a model making substance. True, it is ... but it can do so more. What you should remember is this is a sort of resin putty. It can be moulded to any shape, and when hard ... IT'S HARD! It's claimed if can be drilled, filed and sanded. Well, i've tried filing it ... and it's very difficult, it's that hard! (My file can cope with filing steel and aluminium)

I use it to hold nuts captive if I need to make a handle, I use it to correct misdrilled holes, or to strengthen parts of "U" chanel metal. Fact, if there is a gap to fill, my first thought is this stuff. That said, the filled area needs to be of reasonable size simply of the virtue that this stuff is reasonably expensive to go using a whole pack to fill one hole!

Truly, I love the stuff and now ensure I'm never without a pack or three on hand.

5.0 out of 5 stars Milliput Review, 25 Sept. 2011
This review is from: Milliput Standard Yellow-Grey 113.4g Pack (Toy)
Milliput is a great product I used it for a small sculpture of some climbers on a lump of rock I have in my garden it looks great when painted.
J Conway

5.0 out of 5 stars terrific stuff, 12 April 2013
= Durability:5.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: Milliput Standard Yellow-Grey 113.4g Pack (Toy)
I have an old Technics hi-fi system from the mid-80s which I didn't want to part company with yet, however the plastic moulding inside the big cylindrical volume knob which kept it fixed to the unit had broken, and gluing was clearly not going to do the trick. With this fantastic Milliput putty, I was able to mould it around the metal spindle to which the volume knob was supposed to attach. I had to do this in a two-stage process firstly to produce the moulded section which would slide and lock onto the metal spindle, and then take that piece and mount it, with a bed of the same putty, back into the interior of the volume knob. I won't say that my work was pretty (since it wasn't going to be visible) but it did require a little bit of finesse to file the moulded section, once set, down to a suitable size to mount inside the broken knob, which I mention only to say that it was very easy to file the initial moulded section down with a standard kitchen cheese grater (the finest of the 4 faces) - the section was definitely as tough as plastic, but it filed down easily without cracking or splintering. Had it not been for this terrific little product, the volume knob would have remained broken and off the unit, the ugly metal spindle would've protruded, and in due course my wife would have 'convinced' me to part company with the old beast altogether...

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing., 3 Jun. 2013
This review is from: Milliput Standard Yellow-Grey 113.4g Pack (Toy)
I haven't used this stuff for a few years now and was gobsmacked at the price when I went to buy some in a local modelling shop. However, good old Amazon came to the rescue. I got two packs here for the price of one instore, and people wonder why shops are closing down.

It's great for repairing the kids toys, sets rock hard overnight and cannot be compared to anything else. The price is great, the product is great and I'm very happy. I'd say more, but I need to place another order.

Oh and if you have the time it makes great dinosaur fossils that are child proof.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for making models, 11 Jan. 2014
This review is from: Milliput Standard Yellow-Grey 113.4g Pack (Toy)
This product is easy to sculpt into a variety of shapes and is being used to make Warhammer figures. It is far cheaper than some of the other products on the market. I also notice that its properties mean it can be used to repair all manner of items. I shall be trying out this claim on some damaged plastic items at home soon.

5.0 out of 5 stars Repairs, repairs, repairs!, 8 Jan. 2013
Yvette Heyward-Chaplin (Middlesbrough, Cleveland United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Milliput Standard Yellow-Grey 113.4g Pack (Toy)
Milliput comes in a range of colours; black, fine white, terra cotta and silver grey as well as the Standard Yellow-Grey. This colour is primarily for repairs as I find it to be a pretty strange yellowish, greenish pale grey that you really wouldn't want others to see. So, use this in places where it won't been seen or paint it when dry. Excellent for water pipe repairs or other repairs where the final use involves water as it seals leaks beautifully and will set under water. Does exactly what it says in the instructions.

5.0 out of 5 stars Miiliput Multipurpose Filler, 26 May 2013
Mr. A. T. Kent (London . UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Milliput Standard Yellow-Grey 113.4g Pack (Toy)
I have used Milliput for Model making for 30 years and nothing compares with its versatility .Drys hard enough to drill so can be used on DIY as well , such as plumbing or minor holes or damage.But its an excellent sculpting medium as well .Cant get enough of it .I always have two packs on hand because its such useful stuff .

5.0 out of 5 stars the grand daddy of repair and modelling, 22 Jun. 2013
This review is from: Milliput Standard Yellow-Grey 113.4g Pack (Toy)
Rediscovered this from my youth modelling in a new light as a home owner, it repairs just about any and everything. Great for a solid patch on old doors where a hard stable filler is required especially for bigger holes and missing parts. Follow the instructions, water is a real must for a smooth sanding free finish.

Milliput Standard Yellow-Grey 113.4g Pack
Milliput Standard Yellow-Grey 113.4g Pack by Milliput ( MB Fibreglass )