5.0 out of 5 stars Glen Miller at his best
I downloaded this album. It worked very easily and the (double) album has all the Glen Miller hits and much more. I recommend this album for anyone who likes Glen's music.
Published on 16 Mar 2009 by Mr. P. Hood

1.0 out of 5 stars Poor quality recording
This is a very poor quality recording, sounds like it was taped from an uncleaned record player. Not recommended.
Published on 22 Jan 2010 by PJG

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

1.0 out of 5 stars Poor quality recording, 22 Jan 2010

1.0 out of 5 stars A Big Disappointment, 9 Feb 2009
R. P. Lewis "Ray Lewis" (Eastcote, Ruislip, Middx) - See all my reviews
I have loved the Glenn Miller 'sound' since first hearing it over fifty years ago. As my only recordings were on two 45rpm EPs - I recently bought this particular CD from the many that are available.

Big mistake.

Although the twenty tracks include the most memorable Glenn Miller numbers, the audio quality leaves much to be desired.

In fact, the tracks on the CD sound as though they have been recorded directly from a vinyl LP! This is particularly evident on String of Pearls, Tuxedo Junction and Little Brown Jug - where the background 'hiss' is very noticable.

I am now in the process of looking at other CDs, in the hope that I will be able to find one that will do justice to the Miller Sound.

5.0 out of 5 stars Glen Miller at his best, 16 Mar 2009
Mr. P. Hood (Reading, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Glenn Miller (MP3 Download)

5.0 out of 5 stars We Are Still Of The Age., 25 Aug 2008
Alan Burridge (Poole,, Dorset. United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
Glenn Miller was a wartime orchestra leader who died in a mysterious airoplane crash, which is explained in the DVD documentary 'Glenn Miller's Last Flight' (*recommended). So, born in 51 as I was, his genre of music was more in tune with my parent's generation, but it overspilled, and we heard quite a lot of it via 78's and the wonderfully drawling James Stewart playing his role in 'The Glenn Miller Story' which seemed to be on TV back then quite often (now also on DVD!)
So, even though the music was cringeworthy as far as our peer's were concerned, (we wouldn't have been 'Hip' in the mid-60's if they knew we held a light for Glenn Miller!), but in all honesty, some of his music gave you the old adrenaline rush / backbone shiver, nevertheless.
Then we went to see a band named The Rat Pack recently at our local live venue, and along with Rat Pack songs, they played a selection of Glenn Miller's music, too. Call it getting older, call it nostalgia, call it what you like, and these days, if my freinds and family see a Glenn Miller CD in my rack, well, I'll own up to it. I ENJOY his music, I don't care, it's a bit different to what I listen to usually, and a change is as good as a rest as they say. And coupled with the nostalgia, the music seems to time-slip you back to the days when you listened to it with Mum & Dad there in your youth, and it was only being petulant that made us say we didn't enjoy it back then, because in actual fact, we did!

5.0 out of 5 stars Just as I expected, 21 Mar 2014
I needed a disc for a WW2 evening and it perfectly fitted the bill, even down to the fact that it had an 'old' recording sound about it.

1.0 out of 5 stars the Best of Glen Miller, 1 Mar 2014
this CD is rubbish.It is misleading as it is not the Glen Miller band and should not be sold as such. Very disappointing.

5.0 out of 5 stars well worth the price, 4 Jan 2014
I have always enjoyed Glenn Miller and this was no exception and to top it all the Glenn Miller sty was on Over the Christmas period.

5.0 out of 5 stars Everyone loves Glenn Miller, 26 July 2013
Bought for 1940's themed party. Got everyone in the mood and excellent background CD. Prompt service and would definitely recommend.

5.0 out of 5 stars Nostalgic, 24 May 2013
Despite other reviews I found this CD to be of very good quality. The tracks are a good collection of Miller.

5.0 out of 5 stars great cd, 11 April 2013
thanks amazon I bought this cd for my husband who is a great Glen miller fan he just loves listening to it

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›