5.0 out of 5 stars A Blues Gem
My, oh my. This has to be one of best well-kept secrets of the 1960s. Well, for me at least, I only came across this album recently, and I was very pleasantly surprised.
Published on 17 Mar. 2010 by deadbeat

2.0 out of 5 stars Not so good with hindsight
I was amazed and delighted by Delta Hardware, which a friend found for me in a second hand rack, but was disappointed with this in my first foray into Charlie Musselwhite's back catalogue. This was probably great stuff when it came out, but it has now been overtaken. Too many samey instrumentals for me, and not enough growling from town to town as the sun goes down.
Published on 12 Jan. 2010 by Mr Eclectic

5.0 out of 5 stars A Blues Gem, 17 Mar. 2010
deadbeat (Tiptoe) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)
Very much in the same vein as early Paul Butterfield, Musselwhite proves here that he is a bluesman. And with Harvey Mandel on the guitar, himself with his own unique version of the blues (and, quite frankly, a superb guitarist) you can't go too far wrong. It was actually through finding out that Mandel plays on this album that I discovered it.
The entire album is very listenable, the work on the organ and the harmonica is top-notch, but my favourite track is perhaps "cha cha the blues" Where Harvey Mandel really lets loose.
Listen and enjoy.

5.0 out of 5 stars Stand Back: Here Comes the Blues!, 15 Nov. 2011
This album should be in all music libraries. You can't call yourself serious collector if you don't have this one. Prime & pride!

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent blues harmonica and organ, 24 Mar. 2009
James A. Murray "Fuzzysurreal" (Kilwinning, Scotland) - See all my reviews
Great blues music for any fan of this genre. Excellent blues harp and organ playing as with the rest of the music.

4.0 out of 5 stars Four Stars, 2 Sept. 2014